Fur-free Friday protest in Asheville

Before being made into fur coats or trim, animals are caged, trapped, drowned, beaten, electrocuted, suffocated, and skinned. Full Story
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

“Man, 2 mo' years...Whew!”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#174 Nov 26, 2007
Dunnin wrote:
LOL, free & reasonable...the body is aging but may we never grow old!!! I hate rain, but the others are ok with me!!!!
I like it all. The alternative sucks!

swannanoa

#175 Nov 26, 2007
if these protesters were really serious they would go the the harley shop in swannanoa and protest the bikers with all their leather gear. just throw paint on the next biker that comes out i think he will stop wearing stuff like that.

“Why do ya need to know that?”

Leicester

#176 Nov 26, 2007
excop wrote:
if these protesters were really serious they would go the the harley shop in swannanoa and protest the bikers with all their leather gear. just throw paint on the next biker that comes out i think he will stop wearing stuff like that.
LOL. Lets hope they do this......

Location hidden

#177 Nov 26, 2007
Dunnin wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd buy a bunch of tickets to watch it!

“"We have come too far, ”

Since: Apr 07

Corinth, Texas

#178 Nov 26, 2007
Dunnin wrote:
<quoted text>
Dang are they gonna sell tickets! I will certainly pay premium price for front row center seats. I want to put my bid in now for seats. Let me know when the event will be held. OBTW will there be an earlier raffle for those who are protesting the bikers for caskets or will small boxes which will be sufficient for the remains be offered.

“"We have come too far, ”

Since: Apr 07

Corinth, Texas

#179 Nov 26, 2007
Scooter wrote:
<quoted text>
The meat is used in the making of dog food.
Yea and so it the meat of good horses which are much more valuable and useful. So your point is other than dogs eat the remains. You would that the remains be wasted and just buried for the worms to eat as your remains will be.

“Why do ya need to know that?”

Leicester

#180 Nov 26, 2007
reasonable wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd buy a bunch of tickets to watch it!
LOL. It would be quite a scene, wouldn't it?

Location hidden

#181 Nov 26, 2007
Ticker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea and so it the meat of good horses which are much more valuable and useful. So your point is other than dogs eat the remains. You would that the remains be wasted and just buried for the worms to eat as your remains will be.
If the worms will have him........?

Ashevegas

#182 Nov 27, 2007
How do the numbers of animals raised only for fur compare to the numbers killed on our highways, or displaced to make room for new developments of overpriced homes? there are many sources of grief for animals in the real world. Animal farms certainly should be as humane as possible and the death swift and painless, but as long as the natural products are so superior to fake there will be demand.

Since: May 07

Asheville, NC

#183 Nov 28, 2007
excop wrote:
LOL! I would pay a dollar to see that! They are gutless though- it will NEVER happen. They're just content to try to bully old ladies on the street.
Midlothian VA

Midlothian, VA

#184 Nov 30, 2012
Not wearing fur that's hanging in the closet already isn't going to bring the animals back. If you are truly concerned with the welfare of these animals, you should direct your anger at the people who own the filthy cages, or the legislators that could pass laws and impose strict penalties for inhumane acts. I don't want any animals to be abused, but I refuse to throw my fur away to please someone else.
Larry Whitt

Guntersville, AL

#185 Nov 30, 2012
" FUR FREE FRIDAY IN ASHEVILLE " ?

Does that mean all the woman will shave their armpits, legs and monkeys?
Beth Marie Foss

Asheville, NC

#186 Nov 30, 2012
Willard Hartsock wrote:
" FUR FREE FRIDAY IN ASHEVILLE " ?
Does that mean all the woman will shave their armpits, legs and monkeys?
Weasel, your fur flew last time you were in Maine. Bet you won't ever be back!

How's batching it working out for you these days?
Darryl

Guntersville, AL

#187 Dec 1, 2012
Beth Marie Foss wrote:
<quoted text>
Weasel, your fur flew last time you were in Maine. Bet you won't ever be back!
How's batching it working out for you these days?
I think it's working out great, he's been getting more ass than a toilet seat!
Fur Not Fashionable

Asheville, NC

#188 Dec 1, 2012
excop wrote:

WNC Native wrote:
LOL! I would pay a dollar to see that! They are gutless though- it will NEVER happen. They're just content to try to bully old ladies on the street.

I wrote:
The above conversation is rather idiotic in that leather is a by-product of the beef industry while fur is the sole product of killing animals exclusively for their pelts. Fur is no longer fashionable except in the eyes of disgusting inhumane people. The warmest fleece is now known to be synthetic. It is even lighter and warmer than wool and wicks away moisture. But at least we don't get wool by killing sheep.
Beretta

Mountain City, TN

#189 Dec 2, 2012
Fur Not Fashionable wrote:
excop wrote:
WNC Native wrote:
I wrote:
The above conversation is rather idiotic in that leather is a by-product of the beef industry while fur is the sole product of killing animals exclusively for their pelts. Fur is no longer fashionable except in the eyes of disgusting inhumane people. The warmest fleece is now known to be synthetic. It is even lighter and warmer than wool and wicks away moisture. But at least we don't get wool by killing sheep.
So now your picking and choosing?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 18 min Ben 60,186
N.C. Dunkin' Donuts bakery sued for religious d... 46 min sitka happy 327
OBAMA's 10 BIGGEST LIES (Mar '14) 3 hr Dixie Hillbilly 85
DO YOU APPROVE Of CECIL BOTHWELL AS CITY COUNCI... 3 hr Dixie Hillbilly 46
ARMED EMPLOYEE STOPs BEHEADING 3 hr Dixie Hillbilly 17
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 4 hr polymath257 137,376
corruption and fraud in our city and courts (Nov '13) 12 hr JUANITA OWENS 41

Asheville Jobs

Asheville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Asheville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Asheville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]