Candler man on trial for attempted murder

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

Clarke Morrison * CMorrison@CITIZEN-TIMES.com * published April 1, 2009 12:15 am ASHEVILLE An Asheville man testified Tuesday he was in a crowd outside a popular nightclub when James Ira Milling III came from behind and slashed his neck.
Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Apr 22, 2014
Keith former Gun-bunny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2009

Seems as if Bubba might be getting a visit.
whatzup

Eden, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2009

"He said officers had a hard time finding Milling, and the suspect turned himself into police a month after the attacks."

..........According to the story, they didn't find him, he turned himself in.....IT SHOULD HAVE READ "THEY TRIED TO FIND HIM"......

PS---only cowards attack from behind...'nuff said
LLS

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2009

These 2 guys, plus the one who won't even come to court, ALL have criminal records, were all 3 attacking the defedant's brother, and he was trying to help his brother. They were NOT innocent bystanders as they would like you to believe. Assault with a weapon, maybe, 1st degree attempted murder, No way!
Candler Gazette

Waynesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2009

whatzup wrote:
"He said officers had a hard time finding Milling, and the suspect turned himself into police a month after the attacks."
..........According to the story, they didn't find him, he turned himself in.....IT SHOULD HAVE READ "THEY TRIED TO FIND HIM"......
ps--only cowards attck from behind..well, he might get use to that himself!! but, he being from the asheville area, he may enjoy that...lol
GOOD ONE

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2009

...and they took the word of Ashley Conard!?! Take a look at her record and all of her court dates. If I am remembering right , she along with her mom,dad,and brother ALL have pending court dates. lol.Why am I not surprised she was there?
LLS

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2009

Quote: "Milling replied that he and some friends had been attacked by a group of men the week before, Conard said."

Well I know this remark is BS because he didn't even go out the week before. I don't know who this chick is but she totally lied about everything on the stand. Not sure what she has to gain.

Also, they had to arrest one of the so called "victims" last night to make him come to court today to testify. He said he didn't know who stabbed him and that he had no interest in being involved in this trial.(How do I know??? I was there)
Just Wondering

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2009

millings? Isnt he part of the LOD gang?
LLS

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2009

There is no LOD gang in this area.... there used to be an LOD bike club, but it doesn't exist anymore.
Candler Gazette

Waynesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2009

GOOD ONE wrote:
...and they took the word of Ashley Conard!?! Take a look at her record and all of her court dates. If I am remembering right , she along with her mom,dad,and brother ALL have pending court dates. lol.Why am I not surprised she was there?
nice family, huh??? worthless, and she has kids every year and seems to give them up!!
ashley

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2011

Candler Gazette wrote:
<quoted text>
nice family, huh??? worthless, and she has kids every year and seems to give them up!!
I have 3 kids 7,6,&4 and I have them all thank u never gave one up!! So fu-* off u don't know me
James j80

Weaverville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

whatzup wrote:
i know him. You wouldnt say that he was a coward to his face. People get me...always judging a man before ya know the facts. That's what's wrong with the judicial system too!!!! Before making assumptions and judging someone how bout getting the facts and let the judge do the judging. As for the other people they may have been trying to hurt someone he loved...like his brother. Grow up people and let the judge do the judging.
AMANDA

Norton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2014

I KNOW UR DUMB A** AND EVERY ONE IS RIGHT ABOUT U ON THIS PAGE ASHLEY!!!! YOU ARE NOTHING BUT TROUBLED WHORE JUST LIKE UR MOM AND U DNT TAKE CARE OF UR KIDS JUST LOOK AT UR RECORD NOW GOOD JOB BIT** HOW MANY COUNTS OF CC THEFT........ MY POINT EXACTLY

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Asheville Forum right now

Search the Asheville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 10 min Waco 1909 55,697
HOMOSEXUALITY & ABORTION ARE ABOMINATIONS TO GO... 44 min Uncle Perv 34
WHERE OH WHERE ARE THE TROLLS? Oy Vey! 51 min Uncle Perv 3
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 1 hr Dogen 134,049
Planned Parenthood Has Quotas For Abortions 6 hr The HOFFMAN REPORT 1
False Prophets? Start With Osho 11 hr Satyam Thomas 76
BOTHWELL D.W.I. ARREST For Drinking Too Liberally 11 hr Gordon Lightloafers 4
Is ACN a scam (Feb '10) Jul 18 Joned 247
•••
•••
•••
Asheville Dating

more search filters