Thursday arrests: Police file new cha...

Thursday arrests: Police file new charges in south Buncombe sho...

There are 37 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Dec 6, 2007, titled Thursday arrests: Police file new charges in south Buncombe sho.... In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Authorities on Thursday upgraded charges against two men involved in the shooting of a 22-year-old Asheville man on Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
caerleon

United States

#21 Dec 8, 2007
OH and for your information Native..
all information that we have on Buncombe County Schools has been included in the many Office of Civil Rights complaints that have been filed. All fifteen boxes of evidence have been copied and sent to the appropriate authorities and a publisher.
B******T? NAW I don't think so. I don't make idle gossip .Don't need to lie. The truth of the horror of our experience with this school system is bad enough.

Such a great school? Guess you forgot about Mal Brown . His little fiasco with funds was the tip of that iceberg.
rickm

Maxton, NC

#22 Dec 8, 2007
WNCNATIVE wrote:
<quoted text> Dont say that too loud- jim bob, joe, rickm and slick will be on ya...they always chew me out for my views on (against) drugs_
Don't drop me in with that bunch. I've personally made enough calls to have several people jailed for dealing.

“Why do ya need to know that?”

Since: Feb 07

Leicester

#23 Dec 8, 2007
rickm wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't drop me in with that bunch. I've personally made enough calls to have several people jailed for dealing.
I wondered about that one, myself. You are well known on here for your stance on drug dealers.

As far as Erwin High goes, it isnt any better nor any worse than any school here in this area. Its just the one getting all the bad press. And I always thought that as long as the school board and the school agrees, a child could go to any school. I am not certain about that one, so someone correct me if I am wrong.

WNCNative--if that is your dog, that is a beautiful one!

“Not as smart as I look.....”

Since: Oct 07

Leicester

#24 Dec 8, 2007
Dunnin wrote:
<quoted text>
I wondered about that one, myself. You are well known on here for your stance on drug dealers.
As far as Erwin High goes, it isnt any better nor any worse than any school here in this area. Its just the one getting all the bad press. And I always thought that as long as the school board and the school agrees, a child could go to any school. I am not certain about that one, so someone correct me if I am wrong.
You nailed that one dun. Erwin's not any better or worse. Every school in this country faces a drug problem. And when I say country, I mean the United States of America. The war on drugs has been like a wildfire spreading since the late 70's. It won't go away and nothing will ever contain it. Sad Fact...

“Not as smart as I look.....”

Leicester

#25 Dec 8, 2007
I did't get to finish "Bird Dog hit the mouse" anyway, point is it don't matter where the kids attend school they are going to see a number of things we never saw as kids growing up. And yes you can get them in another school if it's approved but what's the point, all the schools are pretty much the same.

Leicester

#26 Dec 8, 2007
The Cat in the Hat wrote:
<quoted text>You nailed that one dun. Erwin's not any better or worse. Every school in this country faces a drug problem. And when I say country, I mean the United States of America. The war on drugs has been like a wildfire spreading since the late 70's. It won't go away and nothing will ever contain it. Sad Fact...
Thanks, my purrable friend. Drugs have always been in schools. Only thing is, one must decide whether they want to abuse them or whether they do not. It is a personal choice and when you decide to do it, you must be prepared for the consequences should you get caught.
M Callahan

Hickory, NC

#27 Dec 10, 2007
Real moral and ethical training starts at home. You can't blame the teachers/counselors at Erwin for every "Girls gone wild" shirt or profane word you hear in the halls. Are you confident that your son doesn't do things you wouldn't approve of? If you're really positive about it, you're probably dead wrong and in DEEP denial. After all, I've known the Poole family (as in Corey Poole) for a while, and though it's only as acquaintances, I've seen enough to know that for a long time, the mother thought her son could do no wrong. Kids are going to cut up. At any school. But teachers can't be expected to babysit every kid all the time(especially high schoolers, many of whom are over 18, and the rest who think they are). After all, teachers at that age have students for a semester (two at most) for about an hour and a half a day. Parents need to pay more attention.

Since: May 07

Asheville, NC

#28 Dec 10, 2007
caerleon wrote:
OH and for your information Native..
all information that we have on Buncombe County Schools has been included in the many Office of Civil Rights complaints that have been filed. All fifteen boxes of evidence have been copied and sent to the appropriate authorities and a publisher.
B******T? NAW I don't think so. I don't make idle gossip .Don't need to lie. The truth of the horror of our experience with this school system is bad enough.
Such a great school? Guess you forgot about Mal Brown . His little fiasco with funds was the tip of that iceberg.
I didnt live in Asheville when Mal Brown was the principal at Erwin. I grew up here, joined the military and was gone serving my country for 12 years. I moved back in 2002 and I believe he was in the middle of that crap. If you hate Erwin so much and hate Buncombe county schools so much you have 3 choices: Suck it up and stick with it, move to another county, or homeschool. Its as simple as that. I just think you're full of crap.

Asheville, NC

#29 Dec 10, 2007
rickm wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops...sorry about that. I misspoke.

Asheville, NC

#30 Dec 10, 2007
Dunnin wrote:
<quoted text>
You're absolutely correct. Any parent can request their child to go to any school in Buncombe county. Both principals have to agree and the parent is then responsible for getting their child to that school if they go out of district.

Asheville, NC

#31 Dec 10, 2007
It isnt mine, Dunnin- I cant figure out how to get my camera hooked up to the computer to download a pic of her..lol...but she looks EXACTLY like that. She is a gorgeous sweet puppy dog. :)

Leicester

#32 Dec 10, 2007
WNCNATIVE wrote:
It isnt mine, Dunnin- I cant figure out how to get my camera hooked up to the computer to download a pic of her..lol...but she looks EXACTLY like that. She is a gorgeous sweet puppy dog.:)
Just plug your camera into the tower and it should tell you what to do. Unless my other half bought me a camera specifically made for blondes. Wouldnt put it past him. Its not hard, but it took me a little while to figure it out and I go thru the same old crap again every time I transfer from camera to computer.

Needless to say, my camera is full before I dare do it. LOL. Your puppy is indeed a beauty, then.

Asheville, NC

#33 Dec 10, 2007
Dunnin wrote:
<quoted text>
Just plug your camera into the tower and it should tell you what to do. Unless my other half bought me a camera specifically made for blondes. Wouldnt put it past him. Its not hard, but it took me a little while to figure it out and I go thru the same old crap again every time I transfer from camera to computer.
Needless to say, my camera is full before I dare do it. LOL. Your puppy is indeed a beauty, then.
Lol.....I'm not the most electronically savvy person myself, Dunnin. I'll try to figure it out...She's a pretty girl but VERY VERY lazy. I've always heard that huskies are high-strung and hyper- she is completely the opposite.
Ronnie Joe Lail

Denmark, SC

#34 Dec 11, 2007
Whats wrong with Justise ,This man has came into another community allegedly steals a woman's car,calls and threatened to kill his own 11 year old child and her grand mother in the hospital while the child was deathly sick fails to appear on court dates Buncombe County holds a 1,000 secure bond ,one 5,000 secure bond for another failure to appear on same event,But allows Mr.Lail to sign a promise to appear for the alleged car stealing,while in jail in Buncombe County for allegedly intimidating state witnesses under 10,000 dollar bond ? Mr.Lail lives in Tran county,but was convicted of charges in but yet another county ,Hendersonville N.C. and is a convicted felon on electronic house arrest,and intenceive probation for 4 years,and to top things off has at least 11 court dates on the court docket as of 12/11/07 wish the eyes of the public and law inforcement could give the public some safty from this minis to socity...whats wrong with this picture?

Asheville, NC

#35 Dec 12, 2007
keiths friend 4 two years wrote:
yea i no i got 3 12s
I'm sure you do.
Shake and Bake

Great Falls, MT

#37 Feb 4, 2008
Community involvement is how to rid this world of people like Corey Clifton Poole. Forget waiting for his parents to do something. Run the parents out of town first. Corey Poole will follow if he needs a roof to sleep under. If that does not work you might just get a chance to use self defense if he breaks into your house and feel your life is in danger.
YayayA

Knoxville, TN

#38 Jul 28, 2014
Traveler wrote:
Corey Poole is a complete low life; he had opportunity, just too stupid to see it. His name keeps appearing over and over and over in the police blotter. He needs to be removed from the streets permanently. The citizens on Cave Lane have had enough.
. You do it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 1 hr Subduction Zone 159,227
Support President Trump 5 hr Booker Phillips 25
Asheville needs an Amtrak Station! 8 hr Georgia Native 3
Top 10 reasons why Asheville sucks (Jun '10) 10 hr Georgia Native 298
Asheville Sucks! 13 hr blue devil 2
Don Dollaz Feb 16 crooked judge zoe... 4
Asheville: Self-Righteousness, Superficiality a... Feb 16 Deplorable Infidel 3

Asheville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Asheville Mortgages