Thursday arrests: Police file new cha...

Thursday arrests: Police file new charges in south Buncombe sho...

There are 37 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Dec 6, 2007, titled Thursday arrests: Police file new charges in south Buncombe sho.... In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Authorities on Thursday upgraded charges against two men involved in the shooting of a 22-year-old Asheville man on Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 07

Asheville, NC

#1 Dec 6, 2007
Corey Poole for breaking and entering again?

If he keeps playing with fire, hes gonna get burned. He's going to break into the wrong home, and the homeowner will be waiting with a 12 gauge.

Maybe the courts will actually punish him this time.
keiths friend 4 two years

Quincy, FL

#2 Dec 6, 2007
yea i no i got 3 12s u must love ashville ur all in the bissness here
Reader

Boiling Springs, SC

#3 Dec 7, 2007
Yeah, second B&E and gets out on a written promise to appear. With a record like that, I bet his signature is as good a nothing. Hope he shows up!
1911-govt

Maxton, NC

#4 Dec 7, 2007
I almost hired Hudgins a couple years back. A contractor friend of mine warned me about him. Guess he was tellin' the truth.
wooker

Manteo, NC

#5 Dec 7, 2007
Hudgins is a smooth talking CON MAN, comes across as a concrete, landscape, do it yourself guy and then fgets money and never comes back! What a crook.

“Report and Deport1866-DHS-2 ICE”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#6 Dec 7, 2007
Goodness!! Used to be just a little pot, lsd, mda, now look at the drugs!! Mostly home-made!!! Terrible.
tfj

Henderson, NC

#7 Dec 7, 2007
All of the "other arrests on Thursday" received written promises to appear. Wonder who the magistrate on duty was?
rickm

Maxton, NC

#8 Dec 7, 2007
tfj wrote:
All of the "other arrests on Thursday" received written promises to appear. Wonder who the magistrate on duty was?
They probably let them select their own bond.
ok3m

United States

#9 Dec 7, 2007
Get them off the streets before they kill somebody. oops to late.They look like such good little white children

Since: Nov 07

Travelers Rest, SC

#10 Dec 7, 2007
We have no one to blame but ourselves. No wonder kids in their teens/twenties are so messed up. These kids did NOT come out of the womb this way. People in their 30s, 40s, 50s for the most part are selfish, materialistic and are only concerned for themselves. The kids have learned those values from US. We haven't taught kids the basic morals. We are so worried about the kids not being punished because its bad, well I got news for us all we're going to you know where in a handbasket quick. Think about it. When we're old and gray these people will be the ones running the country/world. It's time that we as parents get back to the business of parenting. We need to teach our kids that what they see on TV is NOT accepted behavior. We need to teach them right from wrong be it through church or just a hands-on approach to raising our kids.

So please put down your cell phones, Louis Vuitton(sp?) handbags, Stop trying to make so much money in order to be better than the Jones's, pull the kids away from the violent videogames and spend some time with them.

We're making a commitment to our 10 year old that we will NO MATTER WHAT give our full attention everyday. We're no longer going to buy her the most expensive best on the block gadget. We're going to give her the best gift any parent can give and that's our time and love. Anyone else ready to make that committment?

Since: Feb 07

Asheboro, NC

#11 Dec 7, 2007
From Here wrote:
Anyone else ready to make that committment?
A lot of people have but there are some who have other priorities due to their situation. A single mom with several kids who isn't receiving child support because "baby daddy" can't pay? Or a kid in a crappy neighborhood who sees nothing but violence? Or a kid with parents who work 2 jobs? Or the kid whose parents just don't care?

Your suggestions are good but they're not going to work everywhere.
Traveler

Hendersonville, NC

#12 Dec 7, 2007
Corey Poole is a complete low life; he had opportunity, just too stupid to see it. His name keeps appearing over and over and over in the police blotter. He needs to be removed from the streets permanently. The citizens on Cave Lane have had enough.

“CLAN ROSE”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#13 Dec 7, 2007
From Here wrote:
These kids did NOT come out of the womb this way. People in their 30s, 40s, 50s for the most part are selfish, materialistic and are only concerned for themselves. The kids have learned those values from US. We haven't taught kids the basic morals. We are so worried about the kids not being punished because its bad, well I got news for us all we're going to you know where in a handbasket quick.
I take issue with that statement. I know some ladies on this forum who are anything but what you suggest. I also have neighbours and friends who are anything but what you suggest. You generalise. Be specific.

Just because some of the teens you've read about in the "drive-by-media" are miscreants, doesn't mean all of them are. Those you read of are in the extreme minority, and you never hear of the good ones who never get in trouble.

Use your head, think, and don't blame all young people for the crimes of a few.

Since: May 07

Asheville, NC

#14 Dec 7, 2007
Mtnbred wrote:
Goodness!! Used to be just a little pot, lsd, mda, now look at the drugs!! Mostly home-made!!! Terrible.
Dont say that too loud- jim bob, joe, rickm and slick will be on ya...they always chew me out for my views on (against) drugs_
anderson

Leicester, NC

#15 Dec 7, 2007
Brian Hudgins and his older girlfriend were busted a few years ago for running a prostitution ring in Skyland. Seems some undercover cops posed as "ho's" looking for employment, which lead to their arrest. Brian ratted on his "old lady" so she eventually folded and took the wrap.
Lollerkeekles

Great Falls, MT

#16 Dec 7, 2007
anderson wrote:
Seems some undercover cops posed as "ho's"
That shouldn't be too hard.
anderson

Leicester, NC

#17 Dec 8, 2007
Lollerkeekles wrote:
<quoted text>
That shouldn't be too hard.
That wasn't very nice. I haven't seen any female Officers here in a while, for whatever reason.
caerleon

United States

#18 Dec 8, 2007
From Here
very good points.Too often parents give their children everything except their time. Permissiveness is at an all time high .
However, it does no good to teach your child strong moral values if those values are undermined at the school and in the community. I've been at Erwin when every adult was at a desk and no one was in the halls watching the kids. I've waded through the potty mouthed brats with "girls gone wild "T shirts on while teachers, guidance counselors and other staff paid absolutely NO ATTENTION> A guidance counselor told me that "it would not be good for your son at Erwin High" It's a school without accountability to simple ethics. How can we be forced by law to send our children to a school that did not even meet minimum standards? It's a warehouse school. It's no wonder things get out of hand there.
As soon as is humanly possible, I'm taking my son out of there. It isn't the first time trouble started at that school.

Since: May 07

Asheville, NC

#19 Dec 8, 2007
caerleon wrote:
From Here
very good points.Too often parents give their children everything except their time. Permissiveness is at an all time high .
However, it does no good to teach your child strong moral values if those values are undermined at the school and in the community. I've been at Erwin when every adult was at a desk and no one was in the halls watching the kids. I've waded through the potty mouthed brats with "girls gone wild "T shirts on while teachers, guidance counselors and other staff paid absolutely NO ATTENTION> A guidance counselor told me that "it would not be good for your son at Erwin High" It's a school without accountability to simple ethics. How can we be forced by law to send our children to a school that did not even meet minimum standards? It's a warehouse school. It's no wonder things get out of hand there.
As soon as is humanly possible, I'm taking my son out of there. It isn't the first time trouble started at that school.
You are SUCH a complete liar. Who was the counselor at Erwin that told you your son wasnt "right" for the school??? I dont believe ANYTHING you say because 99% of it is PURE BS.
caerleon

United States

#20 Dec 8, 2007
WNC Native I wouldn't like to help the woman lose her job. This is no lie. If you don't like what I say, don't comment on it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 37 min Science 162,487
2018 A Majority black congress 7 hr GregCourt 1
Cult in Asheville (Dec '10) 19 hr Gin Mill 118
Should Esther Manheimer Remain as Mayor of Ashe... 23 hr Re WILLARDandCULLEN 12
I Feel Unsafe At Asheville Oneness Deeksha (Jan '17) Sun Kathi 110
females in asheville nc (Jul '16) Sun Muffy Pierce 26
The Lord Mayoress Signs Up to Keep Her Coveted ... Sun Wrong Moretz 5

Asheville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Asheville Mortgages