Fair trade rug event in Asheville helps Pakistani villagers

Sep 26, 2010 Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times 54

A fair-trade job making Oriental rugs has changed the course of a Pakistani woman's life, and that of her family.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
not fooled

Asheville, NC

#1 Sep 26, 2010
two words small pox.
HuhHuh

Suffolk, VA

#2 Sep 26, 2010
So this is the source of the bed bug infestation?
Ghost Dog

Franklin, NC

#3 Sep 26, 2010
HuhHuh wrote:
No, it is redneck white trash and the slums they live in.
Nope

Sanford, NC

#4 Sep 26, 2010
HuhHuh wrote:
I have two new rugs from India, no bedbugs. How many have you got in that filthy trailer? I heard Weaverville and Candler has 'em comin' out their ears
HuhHuh

Suffolk, VA

#5 Sep 26, 2010
Nope wrote:
<quoted text>
I have two new rugs from India, no bedbugs. How many have you got in that filthy trailer? I heard Weaverville and Candler has 'em comin' out their ears
What, we're supposed to count them?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#6 Sep 26, 2010
who the hell would want to fund Pakistan? They will destroy us in a heartbeat if given the opportunity.

They kill women who are raped to preserve the 'honor' of the family. They're all fluking nuts and anyone who supports a Country that allows this absurd human rights vioations is just as guilty.
Jason Mraz

Camp Lejeune, NC

#7 Sep 26, 2010
Nope wrote:
<quoted text>
More trailers.
Idiot Alert

Jacksonville, NC

#8 Sep 26, 2010
MizMe wrote:
who the hell would want to fund Pakistan? They will destroy us in a heartbeat if given the opportunity.
They kill women who are raped to preserve the 'honor' of the family. They're all fluking nuts and anyone who supports a Country that allows this absurd human rights vioations is just as guilty.
And all Christians are abortion clinic bombers (I know, it's only wishful thinking). Yet another uneducated, broad-brush, xenophobe identifies herself.

Location hidden

#9 Sep 26, 2010
Idiot Alert wrote:
<quoted text> And all Christians are abortion clinic bombers (I know, it's only wishful thinking). Yet another uneducated, broad-brush, xenophobe identifies herself.
Oh please that was an asinine comparison. Actions speak louder than words and the human rights violations against women in Pakistan is well documented by the United Nations. You are an idiot.
Idiot Alert

Jacksonville, NC

#10 Sep 26, 2010
MizMe wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please that was an asinine comparison. Actions speak louder than words and the human rights violations against women in Pakistan is well documented by the United Nations. You are an idiot.
You wrote, "They're all fluking nuts and anyone who supports a Country that allows this absurd human rights vioations is just as guilty." Are you really so incapable of owning your own posts? You made an absurd all-encompassing statement and I only replaced it with one that was as equally absurd, one that said that all American Christians are murderous zealots. Take responsibility for what you write or sharpen your skills so that your thoughts are accurate and concise. Emotionality doesn't lend itself well to rational thought.

Location hidden

#11 Sep 26, 2010
What I said was basically true and not meant as a literal statement you jackass. And when people fund a Nation who accepts the killing of women for being raped as honorable they are responsible for the continuance of such practices, thus with their purses they accept and condone such violations of women.

What you said was just dumb. One doesn't have to be a Christian to oppose abortions. And I bet you can't name but one abortion clinic bombing.
AllahAkbar

Suffolk, VA

#12 Sep 27, 2010
MizMe wrote:
the human rights violations against women in Pakistan is well documented by the United Nations.
Oh, please, in the West we treat women like trash. Women have no power unless they have big breasts, shaven legs, and wear makeup. Women are sex objects here.

Islam respects women, Alhamdulillah. The West fears the burqa because it is different. It's just like in grammar school when the bully beat up the kid who dressed differently. Try reading up on what the burqa actually means.
Pogo

Asheville, NC

#13 Sep 27, 2010
MizMe wrote:
Don't you just know it? It is very absurb. And emergrated moozlums converting our laws here in the United states into Sharia law. A whole burrow of New York City is now turned into Sharia law because most of the citizens are moozlum. This has been reported by Newt Gingrich.
LERTCON

Jacksonville, NC

#14 Sep 27, 2010
MizMe wrote:
And I bet you can't name but one abortion clinic bombing.
The bomb found at the clinic in Asheville. http://www.religioustolerance.org/abo_viol.ht... Check out the table. Please name more than one putrid possum that resides in Candler.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#15 Sep 27, 2010
U American never see what Ur doing In Iraq AFGHANISTAN & helping Israel to crushing Muslim rights in Palestinian u r only state in the world using nuclear Bomb against Japanese so Biggest Terrorist og history?????????? ANd u have nuclear Bomb but not allowing other to have same Power Bloody Hyproctic
LERTCON

Jacksonville, NC

#16 Sep 27, 2010
Pogo wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you just know it? It is very absurb. And emergrated moozlums converting our laws here in the United states into Sharia law. A whole burrow of New York City is now turned into Sharia law because most of the citizens are moozlum. This has been reported by Newt Gingrich.
New book released about the heartwarming story of unrequited love, "Pogo and The Possum."
Clark

Karachi, Pakistan

#17 Mar 29, 2013
Pakistan hand made carpets are especial
mICHEAL

Karachi, Pakistan

#18 May 13, 2013
They are ... Pakistani Carpet fetching good prices internationally as Extreme Craftsmanship which only Pakistan in this region possessed ...
Gand faad soda

Perry, GA

#19 May 17, 2013
Not a big surprise
mICHEAL

Karachi, Pakistan

#20 May 18, 2013
excellent craftsmanship

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GRUBER ADMITS HIS And OBAMA'S LIES ABOUT SOCIAL... 1 hr The Teach 9
Bothwell Pleads Guilty In DWI Case 8 hr Gordon Lightloafers 34
Obamas tranny cost the tax payer 75 thousand do... (Aug '10) 11 hr JESUS CHRIST LOVE... 7
Christmas Greetings from... 11 hr JESUS CHRIST LOVE... 11
Asheville newspaper sues over police recordings 11 hr JESUS CHRIST LOVE... 2
Why do Democrats want homosexuals in the milita... (May '10) 11 hr JESUS CHRIST LOVE... 124
MY FAVORITE BAKERY Is UNDERGROUND 11 hr JESUS CHRIST LOVE... 5
Asheville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Asheville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Asheville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Asheville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:54 am PST