Deputies make pot bust

Deputies make pot bust

There are 147 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Nov 15, 2007, titled Deputies make pot bust. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

ASHEVILLE Buncombe County Sheriff's deputies arrested a man Wednesday on drug trafficking charges.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Jo Jack

Johnson City, TN

#1 Nov 15, 2007
Hope they seize this man's home and put him to sleep.
JMS

United States

#2 Nov 15, 2007
All that will happen is our taxpayer dollars will pay for him to stay in prison and learn to be a better drug dealer when he gets out. Jo Jack's comment of put him to sleep is ridiculous...you are talking about a nonviolent offender! Pot has never killed anyone!

Since: May 07

Sherrills Ford, NC

#3 Nov 15, 2007
Jo Jack wrote:
Hope they seize this man's home and put him to sleep.
Why? He's just a hard-working American doing the job that illegal immigrants refuse to do.
Slick

Maxton, NC

#6 Nov 15, 2007
If you've read any of the posts on the other articles, you know that at any second the sky is going to fall and crush all of us. There are liberals, abortionists, Hollywood directors, mainstream media moguls, hippies, Mexicans, Satanists, homosexuals, and terrorists hiding in the woods of Western North Carolina. They're stalking all of us, waiting for just the right moment to pounce upon the expecting victim.

End the Drug War. Hold the sky up!
Transylvania Co Guy

AOL

#7 Nov 15, 2007
Sadly my cousin overdosed on pot! I hope they lock this bastard up and some hardened convict brutally assrapes him and sticks a shank in his spleen!
GenLee

Asheville, NC

#8 Nov 15, 2007
Just gimme di trees and mek we smoke it yow
It a mek we peace so dont provoke it yow
We nuh need nuh speed so we nah nuh coke it yow
Set yuh mind at ease we gotta take is slow.
So when yuh see di S.P. floatin dont provoke him
Cau di weed weh we smokin need fi soakin
Best ting fi di meditation, and di best high grade a Jamaican
When we a bun a weed we supportin and promotin
Low di crack and di coke ting yeah we smokin
Herb a di healin of di nation
Legalize it right now we gwaan blaze one
Mountain Man

Maxton, NC

#9 Nov 15, 2007
Slick wrote:
End the Drug War. Hold the sky up!
If drug laws don't work, then neither do gun laws

Ichabod Crane

Johnson City, TN

#10 Nov 15, 2007
Nothing works now.

Satyam

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#11 Nov 15, 2007
Transylvania Co Guy wrote:
Sadly my cousin overdosed on pot! I hope they lock this bastard up and some hardened convict brutally assrapes him and sticks a shank in his spleen!
Sadly your cousin was one unique fella, one in several billion. What you report is either an outright lie or a very huge piece of misinformation handed to you by somebody.*^_^*

"It was put in to see if you are paying attention. Animal tests have revealed that extremely high doses of cannabinoids are needed to have lethal effect. This has led scientists to conclude that the ratio of the amount of cannabinoids necessary to get a person intoxicated (i.e., stoned) relative to the amount necessary to kill them is 1 to 40,000. In other words, to overdose, you would have to consume 40,000 times as much marijuana as you needed to get stoned. In contrast, the ratio for alcohol varies between 1 to 4 and 1 to 10. It is easy to see how upwards of 5000 people die from alcohol overdoses every year and no one EVER dies of marijuana overdoses."

http://www.drugtext.org/sub/marmyt1.html

Satyam

Location hidden

#12 Nov 15, 2007
Mountain Man wrote:
<quoted text>
And your point is? Are you possibly employed by the NRA?*^_^*

Since: May 07

Sherrills Ford, NC

#13 Nov 15, 2007
How do you know he overdosed - did he eat all the Twinkies?
Jim Bob

Manteo, NC

#14 Nov 15, 2007
Gotta love the internet. The corporate media monopoly is weakening all the time, and people have access to all the facts these days, not just the facts that government and big business want us to have.

Changing minds is an incremental process, so I predict 10 maybe 15 years before the drug war comes crashing down. Maybe longer, but I have no doubt that kids in grade school will live to see the end of drug prohibition.
Slick

Maxton, NC

#15 Nov 15, 2007
Mountain Man wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right about that. I am not anti-gun. In fact, I think I should be able to own and possess just about any sort of gun I want.

I'm just not going to depend on one to keep me safe.

Satyam

Location hidden

#16 Nov 15, 2007
Slick wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right about that. I am not anti-gun. In fact, I think I should be able to own and possess just about any sort of gun I want.
I'm just not going to depend on one to keep me safe.
Wise move for there is no such thing in this life as complete safety. You may dodge every bullet fired in your direction and die of a massive heart attack at age 40, or step of the curb down town and be run over by an old man in a Lincoln Town Car.
what the

Asheville, NC

#17 Nov 15, 2007
???? overdoses on pot.....not...overdose on stupidity is more like it..what a joke
ur misinformed

Newton, NC

#18 Nov 15, 2007
You must be in some deep denial if you think your cousin OD on pot. Maybe your the one who wants to be assraped by a harden criminal?
Ghost Rider

Candler, NC

#21 Nov 16, 2007
I tried to overdose one time. I rolled a cheech and chong paper that was in an album. It took nearly two ounces to fill it.LOL those were the daze.
Marc Brannigan

Vero Beach, FL

#23 Nov 22, 2007
Does anyone have any information on Marc?

“Report and Deport1866-DHS-2 ICE”

Location hidden

#24 Nov 22, 2007
Ghost Rider wrote:
I tried to overdose one time. I rolled a cheech and chong paper that was in an album. It took nearly two ounces to fill it.LOL those were the daze.
I have gave it my best shot a time or two! LOL
I loved 'Up In Smoke'. Gads, that was funny as hell.

I would imagine for someone to overdose on weed, you would have to eat so much of it , you founder.
???? Reckon he was about to get popped by the fuzz and whopped down a ton of it?
Wonder

Denmark, SC

#25 Nov 24, 2007
Marc Brannigan wrote:
Does anyone have any information on Marc?
Where are you? I'm praying for you.. Your family loves you....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 28 min Science 164,300
BRING BACK The FORUMS! 39 min Steve Shantyfield 4
Blame it On The Police 3 hr Thomas38 54
Transgender Restrooms (May '16) 4 hr AntiPervert 37
Hey Its Just A Telephone 4 hr DialTone 4
I Feel Unsafe At Asheville Oneness Deeksha (Jan '17) 11 hr Billy Joe 140
Transgender woman convicted of sexually assault... 11 hr Billy Joe 3

Asheville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Asheville Mortgages