Bob Caldwell retiring from Channel 13...

Bob Caldwell retiring from Channel 13 after 41 years on the air

There are 142 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from May 2, 2007, titled Bob Caldwell retiring from Channel 13 after 41 years on the air. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Bob Caldwell, who has been a fixture on Asheville's WLOS/Channel 13 for more than 40 years, will leave his full-time job at the station at the end of July, he said Wednesday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“Asheville”

Since: Jul 07

Asheville

#147 Sep 28, 2007
lol. i travel alot for pleasure, but nah, i am a home body other than that.
David St Hubbins

Savannah, GA

#148 Sep 28, 2007
I saw Bob Caldwell doing a Geico caveman commercial the other night.

"So easy, even a weatherman can do it."

“WeaverVEGAS baby!”

Since: Feb 07

Weaverville, NC

#149 Oct 7, 2007
David St Hubbins wrote:
lol!!!!!!!!
gayle

Great Falls, MT

#150 Jan 15, 2008
higher living wrote:
I have also watch Bob since I was a little girl before I went to school hoping for snow (haha)I will truly miss him.We dont have any more weather man or women,that can forcast the weather in the mountians Best wishes Bob we will miss you.
You speak the truth. Have you noticed a certain weather person pronouncing temperature as "tempature" Sad isn't it.
Chris

Boone, NC

#151 Feb 24, 2010
I guess BOB CALDWELL LIED TO ALL OF YOU....HE DIDNT GO INTO RETIREMENT...HE IS STILL ON TV >THE ONLY THING IS THAT HE'S JUST TELLING LIES ABOUT AUTO ADVANTAGE NOW INSTEAD OF THE WEATHER. MONEY CAN BUY ANYTHING>>> EVEN BOB CALDWELL.......
Chris

Boone, NC

#152 Feb 24, 2010
David St Hubbins wrote:
Good ONE.. BOB WILL SAY ANYTHING FOR THE MONEY>>> Even if it means turning his back on Asheville.

Since: Feb 10

Asheville, NC

#153 Feb 24, 2010
Caldwell is OLD. About time he left and made room for a younger man. Now the old farce is doing what he should've been doing all along..selling used cars. He made the worst predictions. Now we have a young cute Chief Meterologist who knows what he is doing. More old people need to retire so us young turks can take over and fix things right. Mountain Xpress being a good example. We have only one old farce there Jeff Fobes. But he thinks and acts like a kid. He keeps young with his daliances with some of the younger men who work for him.
reality

Maxton, NC

#154 Feb 24, 2010
"Lying Bob"
Now selling it to Auto "Lying Scumbags" Advantage. He's lower than snake-shit just like his new employer. Did anyone else see the one he did for Hyder Waste a few months back? That was a fitting commercial for him, selling dumpsters. Maybe the crack-ho hookers of Avl will raise a few bucks and have him do one for them as well. hahahahaha can you picture him in drag, selling ass on the bad end of Haywood Rd?(he might look better than the ho's tho) & It may become his next reality anyhow as he's already working the with the bottom of the barrel in the car industry & pushing dumpsters on the side.
Larry

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#155 Feb 24, 2010
Chris wrote:
<quoted text> Good ONE.. BOB WILL SAY ANYTHING FOR THE MONEY>>> Even if it means turning his back on Asheville.
Gets me his bragging about teaching lesbiens to fly fish... he was going to start a fly fishing school...

He couldn't catch crabs if he wanted to...

Come back to Maine with me, I'll tie you a fly in the drift boat you'll catch 7 pound salmon on... 2 fish in 20 minutes...
troll

United States

#156 Feb 24, 2010
Bob is my bozo hero. Back in the day, Mr. Bill and Bozo. Dayum, Bob is older than dinasour chit.
Mealy Mouthed

AOL

#157 Feb 24, 2010
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
Gets me his bragging about teaching lesbiens to fly fish... he was going to start a fly fishing school...
Come back to Maine with me, I'll tie you a fly in the drift boat you'll catch 7 pound salmon on... 2 fish in 20 minutes...
Imcoherence. Don't you just love it?
That should be the topix marketing phrase.
Explain SmartOne

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#158 Feb 24, 2010
Mealy Mouthed wrote:
<quoted text>
Imcoherence. Don't you just love it?
That should be the topix marketing phrase.
"Imcoherence"....... ...

What is that ?
Flycatcher

AOL

#159 Feb 24, 2010
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
(shaking head) Laughing, laughing, laughing!

“The Actual Steve Shanafelt”

Asheville

#160 Feb 25, 2010
spartanburg stevie wrote:
Caldwell is OLD. About time he left and made room for a younger man. Now the old farce is doing what he should've been doing all along..selling used cars. He made the worst predictions. Now we have a young cute Chief Meterologist who knows what he is doing. More old people need to retire so us young turks can take over and fix things right. Mountain Xpress being a good example. We have only one old farce there Jeff Fobes. But he thinks and acts like a kid. He keeps young with his daliances with some of the younger men who work for him.
Seriously, this is what you do all day? Pretend to be me? I'm not that cool, lil' buddy.
Chris

Boone, NC

#161 Feb 25, 2010
Brent Holland wrote:
I see another one today with him advertising Moose Cafe.
He has turned into a advertising prostitute...lol
He should just do a public service ad and say... "I am Bob Caldwell, and if the price is right, I will gladly endorse any thing, for any reason, at any time."
I dont blame him by any stretch. He has established a name for himself, and there is no crime against making some money.
If I were him though, I would just worry about being branded as a media who*e for hire.(Sorry, i tried to think of another word, but nothing else really fit..)
I wander if he gets FREE MEALS and does he drive one of Auto Advantage's HIGH DOLLAR CARS?.....OH the things people will do for the love of money....Some one also said that he was doing a TRASH DUMPSTER commercial.....What Does that tell ya?
Chris

Boone, NC

#162 Feb 25, 2010
Meh wrote:
Those super low monthly payments advertised by Auto Advantage are for 96 months! Who wants to finance a car for 8 years?
Bob is also doing ads for Coldwell Banker and some retirement community, I think. I guess he's got to cash in while he's still got name recognition. I am losing respect for him tho...
Well maybe they will give him a good deal on a retirement home and we all know that he needs to REALLY RETIRE..And PEOPLE LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP...READ THE FINE PRINT ON THE BOTTOM OF YOUR TV SCREEN BEFORE YOU BELIEVE WHAT YOUR TRUSTWORTHY FRIEND BOB CALDWELL TELLS YOU ABOUT AUTO ADVANTAGE'S SO CALLED GREAT DEALS... STOP ACTING SO STUPID. WAKE UP...BOB'S GETTING PAID TO TELL YOU LIES.......
Chris

Boone, NC

#163 Feb 25, 2010
reality wrote:
"Lying Bob"
Now selling it to Auto "Lying Scumbags" Advantage. He's lower than snake-shit just like his new employer. Did anyone else see the one he did for Hyder Waste a few months back? That was a fitting commercial for him, selling dumpsters. Maybe the crack-ho hookers of Avl will raise a few bucks and have him do one for them as well. hahahahaha can you picture him in drag, selling ass on the bad end of Haywood Rd?(he might look better than the ho's tho) & It may become his next reality anyhow as he's already working the with the bottom of the barrel in the car industry & pushing dumpsters on the side.
BOB CALDWELL IS GETTING RICH MAKING THE PEOPLE IN ASHEVILLE LOOK LIKE FOOLS. He's Laughing at you all the way to the bank.

Asheville, NC

#164 Mar 18, 2010
reality wrote:
"Lying Bob"
Are we surprised? Bob Caldwell is a natural liar. Heck, he could have been a politician. But used car saleman does fit him pretty well. Heck, I won't be surprised if Obomba Hussein joins him in 2012.

Asheville, NC

#165 Mar 18, 2010
Steve Shanafelt wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, this is what you do all day? Pretend to be me? I'm not that cool, lil' buddy.
Is it true,sock puppet,that Mr Fobs gets his pickles tongued? By Steve Shanafelt no doubt.Heck I ought to know! I am kept around way after my time has passed cause I have a special "in" with Mr Fobs. If you are a young man and have a way with a worm, you're in with him!
Pedro VanPeter

Asheville, NC

#166 Apr 25, 2014
I sure hope that this will be a great opportunity for everyone to see some of "Don's Scenes" from his productions of his classic hits "Tales From Kutcharitaville". You know that Rickles and Johnny Carson together produced those comedy hits about their friend "Mr. Kutchie Pelaez" and their wild and crazy exploits of Kutchie's Key West and The World of Key Lime Pies from the perspective of (Johnny Carson, Don Rickles, Kutchie Pelaez and Steve Martins Eyes!) What a Hoot Those Classic Hits Surely Were. Don't miss them, be sure to tune-in next month. We Laughed Our Ass's Off Until We Cried Watching Those Funny Movies. "The Tales From Kutcharitaville", I Think That They May Still Be Available In A Boxed Set.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Here to Help: Meet New County Executive Jeffrey... 2 hr JeffyMadetheNews ... 1
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 6 hr marksman11 164,968
Old School Asheville Mall 12 hr Love or Hate 7
STR Restrictions in Paris 13 hr BoneSwallowingCul... 7
Willard Hartsock dies in snowmobile rollover in... 21 hr Just Blob 6
Search Warrant (Oct '10) Thu Elevator Shaft 98
Snapchat Dec 13 Cstevenson2424 3

Asheville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Asheville Mortgages