P.F. Chang's coming to Biltmore Park

P.F. Chang's coming to Biltmore Park

There are 219 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Jan 3, 2008, titled P.F. Chang's coming to Biltmore Park. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Developers of the expansion of Biltmore Park's Town Square said Thursday that a P.F. Chang's China Bistro restaurant will be among the tenants at the center and that a hotel previously announced for the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Tourist Hater

Aurora, IL

#1 Jan 3, 2008
This is exactly the sort of business Asheville can do without.

One more nail in the coffin for local business. I am in fear of the day when Asheville is overrun with Wolfgang Puck's, Starbucks, and all of the other trappings of west coast consumerism.
Hijacker

Greenville, SC

#2 Jan 3, 2008
I know, I want a California Pizza Kitchen!
jason

Greenville, SC

#3 Jan 3, 2008
After hearing this news, I just threw up in my mouth...
asheville momma

Asheville, NC

#4 Jan 3, 2008
As much as I love all our local Asian restaurants, I love P.F. Changs!!! I'll still go to all my favorite local spots but this is far enough away from town to not affect the local eateries.

Sorry but beats the hell out of C.F. Chans! That place sucked!
ken jarvis

Hendersonville, NC

#5 Jan 3, 2008
I hope they get a cheesecake factory. The more the better for everyone. If they cant stand the competition, then stay out of the kitchen.
okayyyy

United States

#6 Jan 3, 2008
Finally!
i'm tired of driving to Altanta for PF Changs!
=]
Tina

Candler, NC

#7 Jan 3, 2008
The closest one to Asheville is in Greenville, SC. I'm so excited about this offering. I don't eat at any Chinese restaurants except this one anymore.
Art Vandalay

Savannah, GA

#8 Jan 3, 2008
Tourist Hater wrote:
This is exactly the sort of business Asheville can do without.
One more nail in the coffin for local business. I am in fear of the day when Asheville is overrun with Wolfgang Puck's, Starbucks, and all of the other trappings of west coast consumerism.
"Tourist Hater"? What the Hades does this have to do with tourists? You think tourists coming from places like Atlanta and Charlotte care that we have a P.F. Changs in a suburban shopping center? It's for us local yokels.
Mee

Hendersonville, NC

#9 Jan 3, 2008
As a fan of PF Chang's I will certainly go this restaurant from time to time, but as a resident and worker downtown I will continue to support all my favorite local restaurants as well. I'll still go to the Noodle Shop and Thai Basil and Wasabi, etc. These kinds of establishments are inevitable. Drive down any US interstate and you'll see the same chain stores and restaurants over and over. Look at this area in Arden where the restaurant is going, there's going to be an REI there I know, and south of it is Best Buy, Lowes, Target, Pier One, Carraba's and on and on. Luckily, we live in a city with an abundance of excellent local businesses and a population that will continue to support them, as well as a strong movement to keep these chains out of downtown. It's fine that this is in Arden, just don't put it on Pack Square.
Happy EX democrackkk

Greenville, SC

#10 Jan 4, 2008
I will also defend the coolest, best, downtown Asian restaurant, Doc Chey's Noodle House. Always delectable food, and an avant garde crowd. Not many rednecks, except for us.
Bethany

Asheville, NC

#11 Jan 4, 2008
Mee wrote:
As a fan of PF Chang's I will certainly go this restaurant from time to time, but as a resident and worker downtown I will continue to support all my favorite local restaurants as well. I'll still go to the Noodle Shop and Thai Basil and Wasabi, etc. These kinds of establishments are inevitable. Drive down any US interstate and you'll see the same chain stores and restaurants over and over. Look at this area in Arden where the restaurant is going, there's going to be an REI there I know, and south of it is Best Buy, Lowes, Target, Pier One, Carraba's and on and on. Luckily, we live in a city with an abundance of excellent local businesses and a population that will continue to support them, as well as a strong movement to keep these chains out of downtown. It's fine that this is in Arden, just don't put it on Pack Square.
It is just a matter of time before these chains enter downtown and shut down the local restaurants. South Asheville looks like it came from a cookie cutter.
ken jarvis

Hendersonville, NC

#12 Jan 4, 2008
I don't think these better chain restaurants want to go downtown. No parking, to expensive for land and most people do not want to go downtown, especially at night when most people eat out. They usually locate in progressive areas where a lot of shopping is available and easy access.Biltmore Park fits that well. That is going to be the size of a small town when they finish it.A lot of new jobs will be created when it gets open.
Joe Schmo

Maxton, NC

#13 Jan 4, 2008
more WNC paranoia, eww the big companies are going to ruin everything...

Its called business and as the demand increases so do the new businesses, that includes chain restaurants. And most of the chains are franchises that could be locally owned so its not all doom and gloom like you say it is.
Bethany

Asheville, NC

#14 Jan 4, 2008
Joe Schmo wrote:
more WNC paranoia, eww the big companies are going to ruin everything...
Its called business and as the demand increases so do the new businesses, that includes chain restaurants. And most of the chains are franchises that could be locally owned so its not all doom and gloom like you say it is.
Then when Asheville businesses become generic and corporate and look like whats found in Spartanburg or Atlanta, dont complain.
Joe Schmo

Maxton, NC

#15 Jan 4, 2008
No complaints here because there are always non-chain restaurants. Always.

You give me a town or city and I will always be able to find them. Its not a all or nothing deal, get over it.

“you dont know me”

Since: Jul 07

asheville

#16 Jan 4, 2008
yayy! i too would love a cheescake factory.
Hey i bet yall wouldnt complain if it was some redneck all you can eat awful buffet chain. and doc cheys is a chain. although it is locally owned. We can all get along.
Ghost Rider

Candler, NC

#17 Jan 4, 2008
Finally a decent Restaurant.Hooray!!!
Fangs Bared

Savannah, GA

#18 Jan 4, 2008
Bethany wrote:
<quoted text>
It is just a matter of time before these chains enter downtown and shut down the local restaurants. South Asheville looks like it came from a cookie cutter.
You mean like Tunnel Road, which has looked that way for decades?
Happy EX democrackkk

Greenville, SC

#19 Jan 4, 2008
ghost1 wrote:
yayy! i too would love a cheescake factory.
Hey i bet yall wouldnt complain if it was some redneck all you can eat awful buffet chain. and doc cheys is a chain. although it is locally owned. We can all get along.
Ive been to the (tired) cheesecake factory in Atlanta years ago and was totally UNimpressed. WHAT is the attraction?
Reader

Boiling Springs, SC

#20 Jan 4, 2008
Just wait and watch that big parcel of land between the cemetary and Biltmore Lake start looking the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 44 min MADRONE 166,343
Billy Graham 5 hr America America 1
Dirty Cop Robert Frost, Did He Get His Job Back... 8 hr Terry 1
NHM construction drug test 10 hr wheels 89 5
Crooked City Manager, Gary Jackson, Says He's R... 11 hr Carrie Anne 5
Asheville Sucks! (Feb '17) 20 hr Bubba Jim 12
Manheimer Strikes Again for AirBNB Motels (Mar '17) Tue ThanksfordaLaff 21

Asheville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Asheville Mortgages