Oil crunch is a hoax foisted on us by the media

There are 67 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Nov 15, 2007, titled Oil crunch is a hoax foisted on us by the media. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I think it is ridiculous that there is such a concern for oil supply in this country.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

Astute Observer

United States

#21 Nov 16, 2007
RICH OIL MAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey "gangsta granny", The real reason your pissed-off
is because your not smart enough to be a rich oil man like me. If you was, you'd be as big a scoundrel as I am, and you'd live in a mantion next door to mine.(There goes the neihborhood)
Yep your a real winner you are, can't even spell mansion. What an idiot. Go somewhere else and play fool, like maybe in shark infested waters. At least you'd be doing something worthwhile with your otherwise useless butt. Eat up Jaws. lol
IWantMyCountryBa ck

Candler, NC

#22 Nov 16, 2007
G-hogg wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuclear energy is the quickest way out of this mess but there will be every roadblock imaginable thrown in the way of development of its use. Add that to the fact that private industry doesn't possess the resources for development on a massive scale, and it leaves you with the biggest government project since developing the bomb.
Since you are such a chearleader for nuclear energy, you wouldn't mind storing these thousands of barrels of nuclear waste in your back yard, now would you?

Hey, you got more room in your basement?

“BEAT A PAIR OF JACK'S & A FOX ”

Since: Feb 07

ASHEVILLE

#23 Nov 16, 2007
Astute Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep your a real winner you are, can't even spell mansion. What an idiot. Go somewhere else and play fool, like maybe in shark infested waters. At least you'd be doing something worthwhile with your otherwise useless butt. Eat up Jaws. lol
Strive to be smarter, right?
4 dollahs x 10mill

Morganton, NC

#24 Nov 16, 2007
David C wrote:
This Thanksgiving, I will be driving about 560 miles.
My car get 28 miles per gallon.
Which means it will take about 20 gallons for my trip.
If gas goes UP 20 cents, it means the trip will cost an EXTRA 4 dollars.
A measly 4 dollars extra.
An extra 4 dollars is NOT going to stop me from going on my trip this holiday.
equals 40 miilion more for
exxon (exxtort)
sHell et. al.
jimtash

Sherrills Ford, NC

#25 Nov 16, 2007
I can't recall where I read this, but I think it's in the Gulf of Mexico that one of the fields there is actually refilling itself with crude. How or why has yet to be determined but the people interviewed were very surprised that it's happening.
Missipee Delta

Morganton, NC

#26 Nov 16, 2007
jimtash wrote:
I can't recall where I read this, but I think it's in the Gulf of Mexico that one of the fields there is actually refilling itself with crude. How or why has yet to be determined but the people interviewed were very surprised that it's happening.
It is from the sludge from the Miss. River making oil.
This is from all the refinery crud rollin on
the river

Since: Aug 07

Hickory, NC

#27 Nov 16, 2007
IWantMyCountryBack wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you are such a chearleader for nuclear energy, you wouldn't mind storing these thousands of barrels of nuclear waste in your back yard, now would you?
Hey, you got more room in your basement?
The French have, evidently, figured out a way to recycle the waste to practically nothing.
kaibab

Nanuet, NY

#28 Nov 16, 2007
"Point Thomson is the North Slope's second largest natural gas field, after 9 TRILLION cubic feet of gas reserves, more than a quarter of the known gas in all North Slope fields.
Alaska officials ruled in 2005 that Exxon Mobil was in default for delaying development by submitting a plan without any sure date for production to begin."

This battle to get Exxon to drill Point Thomson has been going on for over 30 years. Point Thomson is a proven field while ANWR which sits right beside PT is a more difficult field to reach and is FACTUALLY unproven as to its true potential. Oddly, there is not a national group of dumb environmentalist creating the Point Thomson bottleneck... it is solely Exxon and 2 other energy companies (BP and Chevron which also happen to be the same companies that beat their chest in TV commercials about how great they are). These companies flat refuse to drill PT energy resources. To date, enough lawsuits have been filed to delay drilling for at least another 15 years based on Exxon's current track record. You got to love it.

And yes, availability of natural gas does have a direct impact on price and consumption of all other energy types.

“"We have come too far, ”

Since: Apr 07

Corinth, Texas

#29 Nov 16, 2007
bushwacker canton wrote:
What would you expect when you elect two oil men?
Keep drinking that kool-aid.
Hey dipstick, who did you blame it on when peanut man Carter was in the WH? Remember the long lines? Alternate purchasing days? Or have you been taking Tryforgettin? ROFLMAO

But then guess you could say he was an oil man, peanut oil. LOL

Corinth, Texas

#30 Nov 16, 2007
G-hogg wrote:
<quoted text>
The French have, evidently, figured out a way to recycle the waste to practically nothing.
G-Hogg , you're wasting your time with idiots who only get their information from moveon and daily kos. They still believe that Three Mile Island was a disaster, hundreds of people died and that it will take thousands of years to become a safe area once again.

http://www.manhattan-institute.org/energymyth...
Jim Dillon

Casar, NC

#31 Nov 16, 2007
Astute Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Gangsta are one of a kind. Really got to you, didn't it? That was the best humor I heard on the forum, but it go's over the head of a moron like you. When it burns the gut of an idiot, they can alway get the Webster an chech the spelling if they have nothing better to do with their time. GROW UP!
Jim Dillon

Casar, NC

#32 Nov 16, 2007
Correction: Not chech but check. Your so "Astute" you may nail me on that one.

“Man, 2 mo' years...Whew!”

Location hidden

#33 Nov 16, 2007
Ticker wrote:
<quoted text>
G-Hogg , you're wasting your time with idiots who only get their information from moveon and daily kos. They still believe that Three Mile Island was a disaster, hundreds of people died and that it will take thousands of years to become a safe area once again.
http://www.manhattan-institute.org/energymyth...
Ticker,
You know we've been over this same road with the same idiots so many times that the ruts are nearing the axles. You've got more patience than I. They've O.D.'d on Tryforgetin.

Since: Oct 07

Lincolnton, NC

#35 Nov 16, 2007
G-hogg wrote:
<quoted text>
Their exporting it to US in French Fries.

Corinth, Texas

#36 Nov 16, 2007
reasonable wrote:
<quoted text>
Ticker,
You know we've been over this same road with the same idiots so many times that the ruts are nearing the axles. You've got more patience than I. They've O.D.'d on Tryforgetin.
LOL for sure my good man, for sure.

Hey I wondered how long it would take Chuckie to come up with something dumb. He never ceases to amaze me with his blubbering ignorance. French Fries!!!! LOL
Astute Observer

United States

#37 Nov 16, 2007
Jim Dillon wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Gangsta are one of a kind. Really got to you, didn't it? That was the best humor I heard on the forum, but it go's over the head of a moron like you. When it burns the gut of an idiot, they can alway get the Webster an chech the spelling if they have nothing better to do with their time. GROW UP!
If your sense of humor is so well tuned you should have seen the humor in my post. Nope, too busy laughing at the other dumb joke. Feed your dumazz
to the sharks too.
PS
I got spell check idiot, it took me all of two whole minutes to jerk your chain. LOL
Astute Observer

United States

#38 Nov 16, 2007
reasonable wrote:
<quoted text>
Ticker,
Strive to be smarter than a ticker. Tickers are little noise makers, a perfect name for that fool, a little noise maker Better get some patience or you'll become one and you'll need more than Tryforgetin to fix you. lolololololol

“Man, 2 mo' years...Whew!”

Location hidden

#39 Nov 16, 2007
Astute Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Strive to be smarter than a ticker. Tickers are little noise makers, a perfect name for that fool, a little noise maker Better get some patience or you'll become one and you'll need more than Tryforgetin to fix you. lolololololol
Hey, thanks for the tip! Now, your assignment is to strive to be smarter than you think you are.
Jim Dillon

Casar, NC

#40 Nov 16, 2007
Astute Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be a from New York to Miami transplant. Recognize the language. Wish we could keep the dirt bags from ending up here.

Since: Oct 07

Lincolnton, NC

#41 Nov 16, 2007
Ticker wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL for sure my good man, for sure.
Hey I wondered how long it would take Chuckie to come up with something dumb. He never ceases to amaze me with his blubbering ignorance. French Fries!!!! LOL
Made 'ya respond. Ha. Ha! Like shootin' flies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Happened To The Cecil B Thread...Again? 45 min Good Night and Go... 15
Another criminal running for city council! 3 hr ApePeeD 3
The TEA Party is fundamentally traditional Amer... (Sep '11) 15 hr TEA Party NYC 118
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) Thu Chimney1 141,315
yankee northeast rated dumbest and least partio... (Jun '10) Thu Toe Mass Stoopit 55
Obama admits taking cocaine (Sep '10) Thu Crackhead Obama 93
Buncombe County Commissioners' Perks Appalling ... (Feb '11) Thu Underground Baker 8
More from around the web

Asheville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]