Police: Man Beat Woman At Cracker Barrel

Posted in the Asheville Forum

First Prev
of 21
Next Last
Opie

Dillon, SC

#1 Sep 16, 2009
Tell us about racism and how it's all just a story made up by Liberals. Big tough cracker at Cracker Barrel

"Police: Man Beat Woman At Cracker Barrel
Posted: 1:45 pm EDT September 15, 2009
Updated: 5:47 am EDT September 16, 2009

MORROW, Ga.-- Morrow police said they arrested a man after he beat up a woman who asked him to "be careful" at a Cracker Barrel restaurant.
Morrow police were called to the Cracker Barrel restaurant on Southlake Plaza Drive in Morrow Sept. 9 at 7:30 p.m.
Upon arrival, officers said they located the female victim and called for EMTs and Fire Department officials to assist. At the same time, the alleged offender in the case, Troy Dale West, of Poulan, Ga. was detained at the scene, police said.
Police said an investigation revealed that the female victim, identified as Tasha Hill, was entering the Cracker Barrel with her 7-year-old daughter as West was leaving the restaurant. As West was leaving, the exit door came close to striking the 7-year-old daughter of the victim, police said. Hill, by all witness accounts, politely asked West to be careful, officials said.
"The man slung open the door pretty hard and fast and I had to push my daughter out of the way. I turned to the man and I just said,'Excuse me sir, you need to watch yourself you almost hit my daughter in the face.' And from there it just went downhill," said Hill.
At that point, West became enraged and began to beat the victim in front of her 7-year-old daughter, according to police. Hill said she told West she was an Army servicemember and she did not want any trouble.
West threw her to the ground and hit her in the head with his fists and feet, police said. During the exchange, witnesses said West could be heard screaming racial slurs towards the victim.
"He said,'You're an f****** black (N-word) b****,' is what he said," said Hill. "Then he punched me in my face. And I fell to the ground and he proceeded to punch in my head and face."
Many witnesses stepped up to assist police in the investigation by providing written statements as to the events that transpired. Cracker Barrel was also helpful to police in this investigation, Morrow police said.
This case has been referred to the FBI Civil Rights Division for a possible violation of Federal Hate Crime Laws.
Once officers obtained witness statements on the scene and looked at video surveillance from the Cracker Barrel, West was arrested and charged with battery, disorderly conduct, and cruelty to children in the first degree.
West has bonded out of jail."

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/20926383/detail.htm...

Since: May 07

Asheville, NC

#3 Sep 16, 2009
I wonder why no one was eager to step up and assist her before the cops got there? That is ridiculous. I would like to think that if I saw someone being assaulted I would intervene and try to get the assailant to stop.

“The right to bear arms”

Since: Feb 08

somewhere in dixie

#4 Sep 16, 2009
think the headline should read "cracker attacks n_____ woman at Cracker barrel" that is not politically correct though is it? kind of a funny headline though.

“The right to bear arms”

Since: Feb 08

somewhere in dixie

#5 Sep 16, 2009
i heard the FBI is involved. this is a simple assault. however as the man is white, i believe (if i am wrong somebody correct me) there will be hate crime charges brought and he will be made an example of. if the roles had been reversed, probably just assault charges would have been brought and FBI not involved. oh i forgot. hate crime statute does not apply to white race. look for jesse jackson and al sharpton to show up pretty soon.

Rutherfordton, NC

#6 Sep 16, 2009
rebeltothelast wrote:
i heard the FBI is involved. this is a simple assault. however as the man is white, i believe (if i am wrong somebody correct me) there will be hate crime charges brought and he will be made an example of. if the roles had been reversed, probably just assault charges would have been brought and FBI not involved. oh i forgot. hate crime statute does not apply to white race. look for jesse jackson and al sharpton to show up pretty soon.
I would bet this idiot man would have done the same thing to a white woman. However, I doubt he would have done it to a man of any color. Chicken sh*t loser! Hope he gets what's coming to him.
RockTx

Columbus, GA

#7 Sep 16, 2009
It appears to West that the name of the restaurant most definitely applies to "CRACKERS"
Forget the FBI, I believe that since he assaulted a "SOLDIER" especially during these times of military hardship trying to protect this country "INCLUDING HIS WHITE A..".(Not being racist). He should have never been released on bond & the military should deal with him accordingly.(PROTECT OUR SOLDIERS)
Ghost Dog

Jacksonville, IL

#8 Sep 16, 2009
rebeltothelast wrote:
think the headline should read "cracker attacks n_____ woman at Cracker barrel" that is not politically correct though is it? kind of a funny headline though.
Was the guy a member of your family or just a Klan brother?
Ghost Dog

Jacksonville, IL

#9 Sep 16, 2009
rebeltothelast wrote:
He needs to spend at least 5 years in the slammer, bunked with the biggest black thug there, who has been told what he did!
who

Pikeville, KY

#10 Sep 16, 2009
crazy

Asheville, NC

#12 Sep 16, 2009
rebeltothelast wrote:
It isnt a simple assault IF he assaulted her BECAUSE she's black. If that's the case, its a hate crime and that is a federal crime. Thats why the FBI is investigating. Anyone who would commit a crime against another person because of their race, sexual orientation, gender, religion, etc should be placed under the jail. The America in which I want to live and raise my children is one that is accepting of all people. Intolerance has no place in a country that is called a "melting pot".
Janna

Little Rock, AR

#13 Sep 17, 2009
She will win the n*****r lottry now as Cracker Barrel pays her to stfu.
Buncy

Asheville, NC

#14 Sep 17, 2009
rebeltothelast wrote:
Hate-crime legislation is designed to protect minorities who are more susceptible to crimes of bigotry.

But then you'd never understand that.

Others will.

Right wingers tend to believe in hell. They are frequently fundy
christians and church teaches them Faith, which is a polite word for
superstition, from a very early age. Faith, AKA "Belief in things that
aren't really there," is good training for later in life when they
will be expected to believe in other things that aren't really there,
like the Obama birth certificate cover-up, trickle down economic
prosperity and Death Panels.

Christopher Helms in usenet

JohnnyBgood

Leavenworth, KS

#15 Sep 17, 2009
I just wonder how she said whatever she said to this man. He was obviously a loose cannon waiting for an outlet. People are very rude and bossy these days and you never know who your dealing with. as far as being a hate crime, of course not. guys like that would go off anywhere. Doesn't make it right but for the NAACP to run out and make him their new target is ridiculous! The NAACP is a joke!
Yona Bona

Dillon, SC

#16 Sep 17, 2009
JohnnyBgood wrote:
I just wonder how she said whatever she said to this man. He was obviously a loose cannon waiting for an outlet. People are very rude and bossy these days and you never know who your dealing with. as far as being a hate crime, of course not. guys like that would go off anywhere. Doesn't make it right but for the NAACP to run out and make him their new target is ridiculous! The NAACP is a joke!
Your a bigger joke. The SOB called her a "N" what more proof do you or anybody else need to convince that this most certainly had to do with an "uppity N" daring to speak to an over stuffed bully. His punishment should be a public beating and, perhaps, a one way ticket to Afghanistan. There is certainly an sexist aspect to this assault as well. The Taliban would love this great white ape.
Harrikarri

Leavenworth, KS

#17 Sep 17, 2009
Yona Bona wrote:
<quoted text>
Your a bigger joke. The SOB called her a "N" what more proof do you or anybody else need to convince that this most certainly had to do with an "uppity N" daring to speak to an over stuffed bully. His punishment should be a public beating and, perhaps, a one way ticket to Afghanistan. There is certainly an sexist aspect to this assault as well. The Taliban would love this great white ape.
I live in downtown Atlanta and you do NOT have the right to be rude everywhere you go. no he shouldn't have done what he did. But angry blacks should stop being rude. i don't know how many times a week i hear the words white bich because I won't give all my money to street people. And the list goes on and on too. the N word isn't that big of deal. If it were you would have stopped using it years ago. But YOU keep it going just like you keep RACISM going. EVERY problem in America you blame on racism. there is more going on in this world besides black and white.

Rutherfordton, NC

#18 Sep 17, 2009
Buncy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate-crime legislation is designed to protect minorities who are more susceptible to crimes of bigotry.
But then you'd never understand that.
Others will.
aren't really there," is good training for later in life when they
will be expected to believe in other things that aren't really there,
like the Obama birth certificate cover-up, trickle down economic
prosperity and Death Panels.
Christopher Helms in usenet
I really thought you were more intelligent than that. Obviously you know the Bible, yet you have rejected it. Honestly, sometimes I think you and THB just make stuff up to entertain yourselves because there is no way any rational, intelligent being could believe the crap you guys post.
Kingsxtreme

Castries, Saint Lucia

#19 Sep 17, 2009
Everyone knows when and how to attack people they know they can easily shake down.
He targeted a black woman that he knows is petite and he knew he can. I feel so sorry for my African Queen to have suffered so much.
Anyway he would think a million times to stand in front of a black man and exchange punches.
I hope he goes to prison and let the brothers deal with him. By now i know his name has been circulated there. lets see how long he servives before he dies there.
I don't even know, he truly knows what he's done.
I do not support violence of any kind. But it boils me that he attacked a black woman. He is lucky to have done that and he escaped without a scratch.
What a coward.
Has he no guts to exchange punches with a black male. See how far he would reach with that.
Just a coward. I hope his punishment is swift.
And let the brothers deal with him in prison. I bet now he is so scared. Maybe he is praying not to do jail time. But in any event he knows he is marked, and its a matte of time, that he is dealt with.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#20 Sep 17, 2009
Ghost Dog wrote:
<quoted text>He needs to spend at least 5 years in the slammer, bunked with the biggest black thug there, who has been told what he did!
There is a large population to choose from.
GET REAL

Metter, GA

#21 Sep 17, 2009
Opie wrote:
Tell us about racism and how it's all just a story made up by Liberals. Big tough cracker at Cracker Barrel
"Police: Man Beat Woman At Cracker Barrel
Posted: 1:45 pm EDT September 15, 2009
Updated: 5:47 am EDT September 16, 2009
MORROW, Ga.-- Morrow police said they arrested a man after he beat up a woman who asked him to "be careful" at a Cracker Barrel restaurant.
Morrow police were called to the Cracker Barrel the guy prorestaurant on Southlake Plaza Drive in Morrow Sept. 9 at 7:30 p.m.
Upon arrival, officers said they located the female victim and called for EMTs and Fire Department officials to assist. At the same time, the alleged offender in the case, Troy Dale West, of Poulan, Ga. was detained at the scene, police said.
Police said an investigation revealed that the female victim, identified as Tasha Hill, was entering the Cracker Barrel with her 7-year-old daughter as West was leaving the restaurant. As West was leaving, the exit door came close to striking the 7-year-old daughter of the victim, police said. Hill, by all witness accounts, politely asked West to be careful, officials said.
"The man slung open the door pretty hard and fast and I had to push my daughter out of the way. I turned to the man and I just said,'Excuse me sir, you need to watch yourself you almost hit my daughter in the face.' And from there it just went downhill," said Hill.
At that point, West became enraged and began to beat the victim in front of her 7-year-old daughter, according to police. Hill said she told West she was an Army servicemember and she did not want any trouble.
West threw her to the ground and hit her in the head with his fists and feet, police said. During the exchange, witnesses said West could be heard screaming racial slurs towards the victim.
"He said,'You're an f****** black (N-word) b****,' is what he said," said Hill. "Then he punched me in my face. And I fell to the ground and he proceeded to punch in my head and face."
Many witnesses stepped up to assist police in the investigation by providing written statements as to the events that transpired. Cracker Barrel was also helpful to police in this investigation, Morrow police said.
This case has been referred to the FBI Civil Rights Division for a possible violation of Federal Hate Crime Laws.
Once officers obtained witness statements on the scene and looked at video surveillance from the Cracker Barrel, West was arrested and charged with battery, disorderly conduct, and cruelty to children in the first degree.
West has bonded out of jail."
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/20926383/detail.htm...
the woman beater was probably on his way home from one of those tea party rallies, where they excite all these weirdos into hurting people, then the organizers say they have no knowledge of these nut cases. just a guess, but accounts for the anger factor. anyway, keep the idiot locked up, keep the public safe.

“www.coppertoken. com”

Since: Sep 07

State of Confusion

#22 Sep 17, 2009
Let's see he called her names, beat her in front of her child, assaulted a person in our military.

So would it be different to any of you if he was beating a white woman?

I don't care if he or she was purple the man assaulted a person.

How may of you would have said something if he had almost hit your child?

Makes me almost mad enough just knowing a dayuum crowd was standing around.
You stand there and you are just as guilty. Now I am not saying a woman in her 80's should jump in. I tell you what though my mam was alive and seen it she picked up one of them rocking chairs at those places and cracked the man on the head.

Oh my can you imagine of Jesus had been there? He been beaten as a darkie. I take it back probably labeled as a terrorist and deported.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 21
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News At least 12 arrested by ICE; hundreds protest 12 hr Restaurant Business 4
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 15 hr was auch immer 167,960
apd Sun Cpt Daryl Fisher 2
Ugly Women Apr 21 Dreamchaser2 9
Former Buncombe commissioners deny getting coun... Apr 21 Amber 7
Moving to Asheville - question about the 'burbs Apr 21 Helloworld 9
Does Asheville have a negro problem? Apr 21 No problems 2

Asheville Jobs

Personal Finance

Asheville Mortgages