First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Aizoric

Centereach, NY

#1 Mar 15, 2012
So, it seems Mitt Romney is once again relying on the support of New Jersey Govenor Chris Christy on the stump. This is perfect; here you have Romney, former Govenor of Mass., who has never served in uniform, running to be Commander in Chief. And, he has Chris Christy, another govenor who has never served in uniform, supporting him. AND - Christ Christy, non-veteran that he is, has the termidity to publically call a former Navy Seal an idiot and a jerk. That is who Romney calls on for support.
Kind of makes you wonder who the jerk is.
Bubba

Holly Springs, NC

#2 Mar 15, 2012
Aizoric wrote:
So, it seems Mitt Romney is once again relying on the support of New Jersey Govenor Chris Christy on the stump. This is perfect; here you have Romney, former Govenor of Mass., who has never served in uniform, running to be Commander in Chief. And, he has Chris Christy, another govenor who has never served in uniform, supporting him. AND - Christ Christy, non-veteran that he is, has the termidity to publically call a former Navy Seal an idiot and a jerk. That is who Romney calls on for support.
Would this make him any worse or different from Obama?
Aizoric

Centereach, NY

#3 Mar 15, 2012
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text> Would this make him any worse or different from Obama?
Well, Obama didn't serve in the military, either. But, at least he dosen't call veteran SEALs idiots or jerks. Kind of makes Romney look like the last Republican in the White House. That is, Romeny looks like George Bush ( who at least spent a little time in uniform, not that Romney did - I didn't see him ANYWHERE in Vietnam) and makes Christy look like Bush's Dick; OOOPS! I mean, Dick Chaney.
Aldo the Ape

Weaverville, NC

#4 Mar 15, 2012
Aizoric wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Obama didn't serve in the military, either. But, at least he dosen't call veteran SEALs idiots or jerks. Kind of makes Romney look like the last Republican in the White House. That is, Romeny looks like George Bush ( who at least spent a little time in uniform, not that Romney did - I didn't see him ANYWHERE in Vietnam) and makes Christy look like Bush's Dick; OOOPS! I mean, Dick Chaney.
You are right Obama just calls them "Corpse-man":

Theo

Germany

#5 Mar 15, 2012
I think and I have big experience thanks to country in which I live that Mr Willard Romney will be the best president there. I support him very strongly. If I would be there I would vote for him. He is cool and he has experience.
And you have as..s like elephants and brains like nuts then you must hear people, who are wiser than you are.
Yep

Asheville, NC

#6 Mar 16, 2012
RoMoney does not appeal to real Americans...we need a real conservative.
Bubba

Holly Springs, NC

#7 Mar 16, 2012
We need some one in office that has the know how to run our country like it is a business. I think it is very evident that Romney has the ability to do that given he has managed to become a multi- millionaire. Four years is enough of a President that all he knows is borrow and spend. Not very fond of Romney myself but it looks as though he is the only candidate capable of unseating Obama. Four more years under the present leadership will break the bank, and you can take that to the bank.
Sally Fourth

Stuart, FL

#8 Mar 16, 2012
Aizoric wrote:
<quoted text>
I know I'm going out on a bit of a limb here but do you think Romney hates the military like Obama does?
Gawd Forbid

Asheville, NC

#9 Mar 16, 2012
Gawd forbid, and I don't believe it will happen. But I can just see Mittens the Flipflopper motoring along southwards down I-95 from Massachusetts in the Cadillac SUV with the wife and family at about 80 mph*, all neat and tight in his sacred underwear, and the poor family golden retriever caged in a rack on top of the SUV suffering. As they head for Washington and the White House.

Nightmare!

*Republicans don't know speed limits or how to care for doggies.
Portuguese Water Dog

Weaverville, NC

#10 Mar 16, 2012
Gawd Forbid wrote:
Gawd forbid, and I don't believe it will happen. But I can just see Mittens the Flipflopper motoring along southwards down I-95 from Massachusetts in the Cadillac SUV with the wife and family at about 80 mph*, all neat and tight in his sacred underwear, and the poor family golden retriever caged in a rack on top of the SUV suffering. As they head for Washington and the White House.
Nightmare!
*Republicans don't know speed limits or how to care for doggies.
Ha, Obama doesn't know which end of Bo to feed.
Aizoric

Centereach, NY

#11 Jun 15, 2012
It seems the Romney campaign is sending a campaign bus to Obama events in an attempt to harass the President. The Romney bus keeps going around the block, honking as Obama speaks.

A bus going round and round in circles, blowing it's own horn. I can't think of a better campaign symbols for the Romneys.
Elamite

Weaverville, NC

#12 Jun 15, 2012
Aizoric wrote:
Brown (the former Navy Seal) evidently went to the meeting with his own agenda and was not looking for real answers.Gov . Christy made four attempts to answer questions for Brown. Brown interrupted Christy each time before he could finish. Brown of course was upset because he is attending Rutgers majoring in law and they want to merge Rutgers and Rowan Universities. Further, Brown is a Democrat and had run for State Assembly but lost. I honor the service of every man/woman that is serving or has an honorable discharge, as well as those that have given all. Because a person serves, he/she doesn't get a free pass in life. As a former Marine and Vietnam Veteran I am responsible for the way I conduct myself. If I act like an idiot and jerk, then I must accept that. Brown acted like an idiot/jerk and deserved what he got.
Uncle Fester

Asheville, NC

#13 Jun 15, 2012
Aizoric wrote:
The jerk isyouasshole. Obama never served in the military yet he claims he "got Bin Laden" as if he pulled the trigger. ANY BODY BUT OBAMA! Romney looks really good compared to Obama. Of course so does my dog.
Aizoric

Centereach, NY

#14 Jun 19, 2012
Uncle Fester wrote:
<quoted text>
The jerk isyouasshole. Obama never served in the military yet he claims he "got Bin Laden" as if he pulled the trigger. ANY BODY BUT OBAMA! Romney looks really good compared to Obama. Of course so does my dog.
I wasn't comparing Romney to Obama; I was comparing Romney to myself. Remember that question: "Does the candidate share your values"? In 1969 I graduated from high school (yeah, I know - that's a surprise!) I was eighteen. Mitt Romney was twenty-one, twenty-two. Great age for military service. Obama, by the way, was eight years old. I've never seen an eight year old enlist. Romney had a high draft lottery number - that explains why he wasn't drafted. It does not explain why he didn't serve. He could have enlisted. I Did. He could have joined the Michigan National Guard - his father was Govenor for crying out loud. He could have only worn that uniform one week-end a month, and two weeks during the summer. But, he didn't even have that much devotion to his country. And he wants to be commander-in-chief. Does Romney share my values? Not even close.
Jimbob

Asheville, NC

#15 Jun 19, 2012
I tell you one thang. ANYBODY BUT OBAMA!
ROMNEY IS LIGHT YEARS BETTER THAN THAT COMMUNIST OBAMA!
aizoric

Centereach, NY

#16 Jun 20, 2012
Jimbob wrote:
That Communist Obama? Where have you been living - North Korea - China? That's where you MIGHT find some Communists. So, you don't like Obama. That's OK. there are things I don't like about Obama, and I voted for him! But ..."Anybody but Obama"? By your thinking, you'd rather have Jerry Sandusky as President. Or Charles Manson. or Shiek Kalid Mohammud. Is that actually as deep as your political thought goes...or were you just raised by a pair of bumper stickers?
aizoric

Centereach, NY

#17 Jun 20, 2012
Elamite wrote:
<quoted text>
Brown (the former Navy Seal) evidently went to the meeting with his own agenda and was not looking for real answers.Gov . Christy made four attempts to answer questions for Brown. Brown interrupted Christy each time before he could finish. Brown of course was upset because he is attending Rutgers majoring in law and they want to merge Rutgers and Rowan Universities. Further, Brown is a Democrat and had run for State Assembly but lost. I honor the service of every man/woman that is serving or has an honorable discharge, as well as those that have given all. Because a person serves, he/she doesn't get a free pass in life. As a former Marine and Vietnam Veteran I am responsible for the way I conduct myself. If I act like an idiot and jerk, then I must accept that. Brown acted like an idiot/jerk and deserved what he got.
I agree, he dosen't get a free pass at life; but, he's earned the right to free speech. If the Govenor dosen't agree with him or dosen't want to debate the issue, that's fine. It does not give the Govenor the right to publicly label the veteran (or ANY taxpayer) as an idiot in the national press. Christie is an elected official. WE can call HIM a "big fat slob". He dosen't have the right to call private citizens derogitory names.
Aizoric

Centereach, NY

#18 Jun 23, 2012
The Romney campaign has finally settled on a concrete immigration policy. After weeks of indecision, contempleting "self-deportation" for illegal immigrants, the campaign has announnced its new policy. If elected, Mitt Romney will wait for all illegal immigrants to die, and then they will be baptised as Mormons and sent to Salt Lake City.

In a related, beyond the grave interview, Edward Davies - Mitt Romney's former father-in-law who died an athiest, is reportedly furious that Mitt Romney had him baptised as a Mormon after he had died. The Welsh immigrant has promised his revenge, however; after Mitt Romney dies, Mr. Davies will have him converted to a Welshman, so the Govenor will spend eternity getting drunk, watching rugby matches, and speaking a languse no one understands.

In related news, Ann Romney has announced her focus when becoming First Lady. Mrs. Romney is working with producer Kim Kardasian to develop a new series entitled "The Real Housewives of Grosse Pointe." Ms. Romney will play a large bowl of vanilla ice cream that has melted, and who attempts to carry on intelligent conversations with prancing horses.
Aizoric

Asheville, NC

#19 Jun 23, 2012
Jimbob wrote:
10-4 good buddy. Obama isn't fit to run a kindergarten class. Romney is getting my vote!
Dixieland

Asheville, NC

#20 Jun 24, 2012
God bless Mitt Romney! He is light years better than the bungling idiot Obama.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 5 min ChristineM 150,564
OBAMA SUCKS! anyone vote for obama and now wish... (Jul '09) 34 min Connie 334
News Confederate flag fan defends the stars & bars (Jun '15) 4 hr Don Barros Serrano 257
DOES BOTHWELL's D.W.I. CRIMINAL CONVICTION END ... 8 hr CullenSCHLANGEesser 15
Whatever Happened To Mtn Xpress Forums? Sat Underground Baker 45
News WNC sees unease over corporal punishment (Apr '08) Sat Lines Dazzle 186
Hil-LIAR-y Caught Redhanded LYI*NG About Benghazi Fri Ruth Anne 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Asheville Mortgages