Water-system transfer blocked by Ashe...

Water-system transfer blocked by Asheville lawsuit, Citizen-Times reports

There are 4 comments on the Mountain Xpress story from May 16, 2013, titled Water-system transfer blocked by Asheville lawsuit, Citizen-Times reports. In it, Mountain Xpress reports that:

A Wake County Superior Court judge this afternoon [May 14] granted a temporary restraining order that means the city of Asheville will not have to transfer its water system to the Metropolitan Sewerage District on Wednesday, a city attorney says.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mountain Xpress.

It Belongs To Us

Morganton, NC

#1 May 16, 2013
This transfer would be disastrous for Asheville. Why in the world are people not protesting this insane action by our representatives? We voted these fools in. Tell them they are Wrong!
ApePeeD

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#2 May 16, 2013
I thought this was just a temporary injunction or some other kind of rifraff that will only delay the inevitable.
Tecumseh

United States

#4 May 16, 2013
Just because the current management is incompetent is no reason to throw the baby out with the bath water. Asheville is being stripped of a valuable resource that one day will be considered to be invaluable.
ApePeeD

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#6 May 18, 2013
Tecumseh wrote:
throw the baby out with the bath water.
I see what you did there

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WNC sees unease over corporal punishment (Apr '08) 5 hr Kathy Cook 204
Prostitution in Asheville. Pics and stories! (Jul '10) 9 hr Melinda 117
More On Asheville Oneness Deeksha The Cult 9 hr Shannon 10
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 20 hr Chimney1 151,481
HENDERSONVILLE is sending Hipsters,Hillbillies,... Thu Marvin Amway Pope 6
DSS Protest (Feb '10) Wed truth teller 109
Craig's List M4M Massager Has A.I.D.S. Aug 24 Gary Worthless Ja... 23

Asheville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Asheville Mortgages