Brevard man charged with second-degre...

Brevard man charged with second-degree murder in death of toddler

There are 28 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Feb 8, 2007, titled Brevard man charged with second-degree murder in death of toddler. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Police investigating the death of a boy two weeks before his third birthday say his stepfather confessed to pushing him in anger, causing him to fall and hit his head.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anonymous Father

Eddyville, KY

#1 Feb 8, 2007
This is a real tragedy. I hope they charge the mother as well. She had to know the step-father was abusive. I hope they both go to jail forever.
PISTOL PETE

Savannah, GA

#2 Feb 8, 2007
I SAY LET'S HAVE A DOUBLE HANGING LARRY NORRIS AND PETE BRADLEY.
MurphyMobile

United States

#3 Feb 8, 2007
"Brevard – Police investigating the death of a boy two weeks before his third birthday say his stepfather confessed to pushing him in anger, causing him to fall and hit his head.

Larry Andrew Norris, 20, was arrested early this morning on charges of second-degree murder and felony child abuse, hours after the death of Jace Carroll James Fullbright."

I hope this JERK gets a life sentence without parole.
Sheri Henson

Savannah, GA

#4 Feb 8, 2007
Anonymous Father wrote:
This is a real tragedy. I hope they charge the mother as well. She had to know the step-father was abusive. I hope they both go to jail forever.
I agree. What is this world coming to. These babys are so innocent yet they have to suffer for things that "adults" can't handle. He was probably cryong because he just wanted some LOVE and this is what he got. i hate to say it but God just wanted to get him away from the situstion and he saw a sweet angel and needed him more than he needed to be here living in the abuse. Let's thank God, He is good all the time
Stephanie

United States

#5 Feb 9, 2007
Anonymous Father wrote:
This is a real tragedy. I hope they charge the mother as well. She had to know the step-father was abusive. I hope they both go to jail forever.
Single parents out there: Put your children first. Know who you are bringing into your childs life. Red flags are there. You know. Do what's right or you may find yourself facing this situation someday. This mother's life has been destroyed in an instant. Her thoughts will be her jail for the rest of her life.
Stephanie

United States

#6 Feb 9, 2007
I don't know the families involved in this case, but my heart has hurt so deeply since the moment I heard this news. I am extremely upset because there was opportunity to change the fate of this precious little boy. Child protective services has let down another child, another family, this community..this society AGAIN! The deaths of two babies within weeks, AFTER DSS was asked for help should put the person(s) making the decisions to ignore them in court beside (and face to face) with the young men who will stand trial for their deaths. DSS had the opportunity and failed in their obligation to protect the well being and lives of these babies and to help their families before these tragic events occurred. Transylvania County: You have an obligation to answer for the deaths of these babies. You failed everyone and should be held accountable for that failure. My heart goes out to the Jace's father who fought a battle for his son and lost. God Bless.
mtnbred

United States

#7 Feb 9, 2007
"""Jace had been injured before. Police said they would look into the injury that broke his arm just weeks earlier. His father, who feuded with the couple over custody and child support, says he twice reported them to the Department of Social Services after seeing bruises on the child’s arms, legs and eyes."""
"""Police had not investigated the family before."""
Hello!!
Second-degree murder???--looks like MURDER ONE to me. Anyone who abuses children ought to get the death penalty and this guy admits abusing a 2 year old. What could a 2 year old do to deserve death? NOTHING--but this man did.
Simple1

Redmond, WA

#8 Feb 9, 2007
I am heartbroken over this story. It seems the father did what he could do legally short of 'kidnapping' his son to keep him safe.

The signs were there--everything that pointed toward abuse and were reported with no apparent action taken. Geeesh...hopefully the mother will get her just desserts also. She had to know.

Kyle

AOL

#9 Feb 17, 2008
My sister is engaged to Jace's real father. DSS does nothing to help the children. They don't do their job, and they need to be investigated as well. I used to babysit Jace and his sister Madison. This whole situation is bull and it needs to be settled now. Andrew does NOT deserve to live. Jace is the one deserving of live and Andrew took that from him. It has been a little over a year now, and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about Jace and wonder what he would be doing right now. I feel the same about Joelle as I do about Andrew. I don't think that either of them have the right to live. Joelle knew what was going on and she made the choice to be with this guy. Has anyone considered the fact that Joelle is a female and is able to go off and have another child? What do you think would happen?

“RadicalDudette”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#10 Feb 17, 2008
PISTOL PETE wrote:
I SAY LET'S HAVE A DOUBLE HANGING LARRY NORRIS AND PETE BRADLEY.
Is this the real Pistol Pete? Where have ya been?

Public hangings or burning at the stakes uptown.
That would be one packed event. Gallows humor.
Kyle

Sellersburg, IN

#11 Feb 18, 2008
So I'm at school looking this stuff up. How the hell can you get life in prison, but be able to have parole after 10 years. And how is it second-degree murder? Someone should explain that one. He beat him more than once, how is that unintentional? Court next Monday, we'll see what happens. It better be a lot. He doesn't even deserve to live.
Sad

AOL

#12 Feb 18, 2008
Kyle wrote:
My sister is engaged to Jace's real father. DSS does nothing to help the children. They don't do their job, and they need to be investigated as well. I used to babysit Jace and his sister Madison. This whole situation is bull and it needs to be settled now. Andrew does NOT deserve to live. Jace is the one deserving of live and Andrew took that from him. It has been a little over a year now, and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about Jace and wonder what he would be doing right now. I feel the same about Joelle as I do about Andrew. I don't think that either of them have the right to live. Joelle knew what was going on and she made the choice to be with this guy. Has anyone considered the fact that Joelle is a female and is able to go off and have another child? What do you think would happen?
DSS and many tied to them are F-king idiots and useless in society today. They do not act when needed, then blame others when it is too late, and usually a child has to suffer in the end! The legal system also holds a lot of blame to how it operates, especially in a divorce and by those who practice within it.... Go to www.madmenunited.org for more details and information how the courts are destroying children and fathers' rights and truth not being put out to the mainstream media.

We have argued with DSS ourselves here in Hickory on known abuse to neighbor children by the parents and not a damn thing happens to the parents and the kids are hardly in school when they should be even.... and complaints to DSS about several known illegals with false ID documents we have seen getting 100% free welfare benefits and DSS will not do a damn thing about it, while legal hard working US citizens cannot make ends meet and are denied any EBT grocery help even today.
Murder is BullShit

AOL

#13 Feb 18, 2008
Anonymous Father wrote:
This is a real tragedy. I hope they charge the mother as well. She had to know the step-father was abusive. I hope they both go to jail forever.
Let's let some more information out. There was an error in the newspaper. It wasn't two weeks befor his third birthday. His birthday is actually October 20, not February 20. He wasn't almost three, he had just turned two a few months earlier. Also, Amber is long gone. She left and went who knows where. Does anyone think that she really cares? She isn't being charged with anything. So, she could easily go have another kid.
Cassie

Charleston, SC

#14 Mar 18, 2008
Murder is BullShit wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's let some more information out. There was an error in the newspaper. It wasn't two weeks befor his third birthday. His birthday is actually October 20, not February 20. He wasn't almost three, he had just turned two a few months earlier. Also, Amber is long gone. She left and went who knows where. Does anyone think that she really cares? She isn't being charged with anything. So, she could easily go have another kid.
Joelle has left this town and this state while her dead child is still warm in his grave, Now she's in Florida getting drunk and high with her new boyfriend? She doesnt seems so innocent to me. She's more worried about planning her 21st birthday party then putting a gravestone on her childs warm grave, think about that when you try to sleep. Think about her breakin her now dead sons arm because he wanted to play outside. Or the bite marks she left on her son and her daughters body. Think about the bruises she left on them. Read the DSS papers, that disgusting woman didnt appreciate the children god gave her from day 1. I have been best friends with Andrew for 5 years, He may have confessed but if he is getting charged then so should that nasty ungrateful slut.
Katie

Monterey, CA

#15 Apr 16, 2008
Kyle wrote:
So I'm at school looking this stuff up. How the hell can you get life in prison, but be able to have parole after 10 years. And how is it second-degree murder? Someone should explain that one. He beat him more than once, how is that unintentional? Court next Monday, we'll see what happens. It better be a lot. He doesn't even deserve to live.
Kyle, I'd REALLY appreciate any updates. I was really upset when the guy that killed his baby a month or a few months before Jace died was sentenced-- not nearly enough.

I'm glad your sister is taking care of Jace's dad and sister. God knows they need someone to.
Joelle and Robby Wallen

Asheville, NC

#16 Jun 11, 2008
Cassie for starters I never left the state of North Carolina, I did not do drugs, and I am not the slut that you call me. I have been in a relationship with the same man since I left Brevard. He has stood beside me through all of this. He has helped me deal with the death of my son. I think that you are the slut!!! I am glad that justice has finally been served and the child killer's 20's are gone. If you care so much for Andrew as you say, you had better send the KY right away. Then again it's probably too late! LOL
Angel

Columbia, SC

#17 Jun 12, 2008
It's amazing that the mother of a dead child would dare get on here and start calling other people names when everyone in Brevard knows the truth about the fact that the stepfather was not the only one abusing that child.And alot of us beleive he was taking the wrap alone ,when the mother is just as guilty.Then to get on here,and post lol.That's just disgusting.Did you leave Brevard because enough people know the truth ,and you could'nt play on sympathy? Because on the news you looked like a slut.Justice has'nt been served or you'd be in jail too.Trash.
Joe Dick

Monterey, CA

#18 Jun 16, 2008
Smoking while hiding in the trunk of a car at Heritage Hall??????? High Class Hunny lol !!!!!!!
Joe Dick

Monterey, CA

#19 Jun 16, 2008
And who is taking care of Madison? Oh thats right the father has custody. Thank god him and his mom have her. When the father gets custody, there is usually something bad wrong.
Joelle and Robby Wallen

Asheville, NC

#21 Jun 21, 2008
You know what, I never did hurt my kids in any way. I left Brevard because I was tired of living in a small town. Yes. Madison is being taking care of by her father right now. The only reason that her dad has her right now is because I signed the papers for him so that she could get out of DSS custody. We both share equal custody of her. People don't understand what a mother goes through when she loses a child. It is the most painful thing in the world that could ever happen. It has taken some time to be able to talk about what has happened to family, friends and outsiders. Did I not only lose my son but I also lost my mother too. Unless you know how it feels to lose a child then you really don't have any room to talk because you don't know what the family is going through. I am thankful to the DA and the SBI that justice was finally served.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 1 hr Subduction Zone 160,918
Mad Martha's Hazmat Hotel Hijinks 7 hr 2 Funny 4 Words 1
I Feel Unsafe At Asheville Oneness Deeksha 12 hr Cynthia 58
Yes M.X. FORUMS I MISS YOU! 12 hr Muffy Pierce 12
City Doesn't Enforce AirBnB Ordinances 18 hr Esther Lizzy Manh... 11
Love, Tolerance, and Compassion in Asheville 18 hr Esther Lizzy Manh... 6
The Clinton body count. The story CNN & MSNBC d... (Sep '16) Mon Muffy Pierce 17

Asheville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Asheville Mortgages