Remains found in woods off Smoky Park...

Remains found in woods off Smoky Park Highway

There are 123 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Aug 4, 2008, titled Remains found in woods off Smoky Park Highway. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Comments on Topix forums : ASHEVILLE Police are investigating skeletal remains found Monday morning in a wooded area behind a Waffle House restaurant on Smoky Park Highway.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

What

Lincolnton, NC

#42 Aug 5, 2008
MamaS wrote:
Here is a link that includes the details of Quinn's disappearance.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.p...
Thank you. I looked for a good bit of time. I appreciate this.
What

Lincolnton, NC

#43 Aug 5, 2008
From reading MamaS' link, I am hardly thinking suicide either!

This is the only Robert J. Owens from Buncombe that I could find and he is, at present, incarcerated. Let's hope some valuable DNA is found here.

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/apps/offender...
lokel

Weaverville, NC

#44 Aug 5, 2008
Keith retired Gun-bunny wrote:
<quoted text> Car was found at Three Little Pigs on McDowell Street. He was employed a Wal*Mart.
Wasn't there a message written in lipstick on the car somewhere?

And I seem to remember a puppy was in the car as well ...
lokel

Weaverville, NC

#45 Aug 5, 2008
I found it interesting that the Norfolk Southern employee who discovered the remains had found a body before under similar circumstances ... they said in 13 WLOS That he had gone into the woods to urinate.

Employee of the month material.
What

Lincolnton, NC

#46 Aug 5, 2008
lokel wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't there a message written in lipstick on the car somewhere?
And I seem to remember a puppy was in the car as well ...
If you read MamaS' link, that information is there.
MamaS

Candler, NC

#47 Aug 5, 2008
No, I dont think suicide was the case with Zebb. My husband knew him as well as the guy he was last seen with, they went to high school together. He did say Owens was very odd, and when they did the dig on the Owens property a while back, he said he would not have been surprised if they found something. Another thing though, is that my husband has said that Jason would be much too clever than to have simply left a body behind a restaurant. Who knows anymore...
What

Lincolnton, NC

#48 Aug 5, 2008
MamaS wrote:
No, I dont think suicide was the case with Zebb. My husband knew him as well as the guy he was last seen with, they went to high school together. He did say Owens was very odd, and when they did the dig on the Owens property a while back, he said he would not have been surprised if they found something. Another thing though, is that my husband has said that Jason would be much too clever than to have simply left a body behind a restaurant. Who knows anymore...
I'm having a very tough time accepting suicide as well. If your husband knew Owens, is that link I gave above the right guy?
lol

Blythewood, SC

#49 Aug 5, 2008
jpcs wrote:
<quoted text>Didn[t even make me smile and I'm thankful for it.
Scares me that some can make fun of such as sad and tragic event. May come home to you some day.
Just never know. PS GROW UP !!!
get over yourself you self righteous twit
local

Denver, NC

#50 Aug 5, 2008
Is the owens guy a homosexual? If he is, the Quinn situation makes slightly more sense.
MamaS

Candler, NC

#51 Aug 6, 2008
Yes, that is him in your link, What. As far as the homosexual aspect of things, I know that it was suspected back in high school. Noone really knew, but my husband did say that he wouldnt be surprised in the least. He is supposedly very "clever," as a few people I know have put it.
What

Lincolnton, NC

#52 Aug 6, 2008
MamaS wrote:
Yes, that is him in your link, What. As far as the homosexual aspect of things, I know that it was suspected back in high school. Noone really knew, but my husband did say that he wouldnt be surprised in the least. He is supposedly very "clever," as a few people I know have put it.
Thanks. I sure hope they don't close this as a suicide just yet.
megalithicalwiza rd

Pittsburgh, PA

#53 Aug 12, 2008
Someone know if psychics ever were involved in Zeb Quinns didappearance?
Countrygirl

Athens, TN

#54 Jan 5, 2009
look people jason is not a homo nor did he do anything to zeb.. did yall know that his parents were having money problems and about to loose their house and had a big life insuarace policy on him!!!HUMMMMMMM makes me wonder just leave my d*amn family alone ok....

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#55 Jan 6, 2009
Countrygirl wrote:
look people jason is not a homo nor did he do anything to zeb.. did yall know that his parents were having money problems and about to loose their house and had a big life insuarace policy on him!!!HUMMMMMMM makes me wonder just leave my d*amn family alone ok....
It seems as though something is bothering you. Do you need to talk to someone about what you might know? Don't cover for someone if you know something.
Countrygirl

Athens, TN

#58 Jan 8, 2009
look all i know is that my rother in law had nothing to do with this.. people should get facts striaghts before accusing someone of that serious of a crime. and zebs aunt is the one that wonuld not help the police and packed up and left town when they started questioning her why she called him the night he dissappeared so that makes me wonder
obededom

United States

#59 Jan 25, 2009
could someone please let me know have they definitely identified the remains found on smokey park highway to be his ( zeb's ) i have just come home on vacation and when i click the link to the article i cant find anything but a brief synopsis of that article.

thanks
Cory Robinson

Birmingham, AL

#60 May 18, 2009
Zeb Quinn was a young person who was taken in his prime. I knew Zeb because we were on the same bus stop in 8th grade. He got hit by a car that year while waiting for the bus... Zeb was a very nice person. I hope who ever did this to him will be punished.

Cory in Raleigh, NC

“Report and Deport1866-DHS-2 ICE”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#61 Feb 5, 2010
Last Buffalo wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I always say, what goes around, comes around.
yep

Since: Nov 09

Jacksonville, IL

#62 Feb 5, 2010
Maybe its the guy that "knocked up" Sarah Palin?
Bunc

Asheville, NC

#63 Feb 5, 2010
Mtnbred wrote:
<quoted text>
yep
Stifle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fire all of Them 7 hr Cardone 19
Cecil Bothwell loses in primaries 7 hr Minor Tim 66
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 8 hr marksman11 164,919
Kitchen work (Apr '17) 13 hr Brat Pitt 3
Hey Its Just A Telephone Dec 10 Excited 15
News Domestic dispute case ends in guilty verdict Dec 10 choosy little C 14
What Ever Happened To Murdered Plastic Surgeon (Mar '17) Dec 9 Major Tom 28

Asheville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Asheville Mortgages