MCAS results are mixed for NMRSD

MCAS results are mixed for NMRSD

There are 69 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Sep 28, 2010, titled MCAS results are mixed for NMRSD. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Students have been back to school for a few weeks, but the North Middlesex Regional School District School Committee last night took a temporary look back to last year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Eric

Pepperell, MA

#61 Oct 4, 2010
techie parent wrote:
<quoted text>
What does medical tests have to do with MCAS., your comparing apples to oranges.
Sorry for the poor analogy. I had wished to make the point that MCAS could/should be used as an indicator of how well the patient (school district) is doing (similiar to the medical tests).

If your child's x-ray revealed a possible tumor or his or her temperature was 103F, would you take corrective action or at least try to understand what's going on? Not getting periodic checkups doesn't solve anything. However, MCAS is indicating that something is dreadfully wrong at NM but we're guilty of ignoring it.
no more looting

Dracut, MA

#62 Oct 4, 2010
techie parent wrote:
My kid got 5 points added to a test score for wearing a red sox shirt last year because the team was playing that night.
I don't believe u, sorry. What was the teacher's name?
techie parent

Tewksbury, MA

#63 Oct 4, 2010
no more looting wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe u, sorry. What was the teacher's name?
Don't believe me, oh well. I know it's true that's all that matters.
no more looting

Dracut, MA

#64 Oct 4, 2010
techie parent wrote:
<quoted text>
u must have approved of it because:

1) you sent ur kid to school in a red sox shirt
2) u are protecting the person who allegedly did it

it make no sense, so I will go back to ignoring u
mathematically challenged

Auburn, MA

#65 Oct 4, 2010
Writing from fantasy land wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh so the election system is also flawed,I see. You all sure do have a lot of things to fix. The administration, the uninformed voters who live in fantasy world, the MCAS scores. How do you even sleep at night with all those worries! Please....
It looks like you
don't know how to interpret data and statistics!You must have taken the Dr Deborah Brady course on data analysis.
techie parent

Tewksbury, MA

#66 Oct 5, 2010
no more looting wrote:
<quoted text>
u must have approved of it because:
1) you sent ur kid to school in a red sox shirt
2) u are protecting the person who allegedly did it
it make no sense, so I will go back to ignoring u
WHATEVER
grasping

Pepperell, MA

#67 Oct 30, 2010
Eric wrote:
<quoted text> Let's also get rid of annual physical examinations, blood pressure monitors, taking temperatures and x-rays while we're at it? We can simply enjoy seeing the majority of our students on the honor roll. That's ample evidence that everything is peachy keen at North Middlesex, right? If the diploma and grades are "bogus" you might wake up to this as early as first semester in college?(maybe)
Hmm comparing MCAS to medical tests, now that's interesting and it makes no sense at all!
vote

Pepperell, MA

#68 Oct 30, 2010
mathematically challenged wrote:
<quoted text>It looks like you
don't know how to interpret data and statistics!You must have taken the Dr Deborah Brady course on data analysis.
You can quote all the data and statistics you want. Mr. Silva won the seat by vote.
for real

Pepperell, MA

#69 Oct 30, 2010
techie parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then I hope you spoke to the teacher and insisted that those bogus points be removed from your child's average;I am sure the teacher could have used a good laugh!Just a quick laugh though since we would not want to interupt too much instructional time with fun- it might effect their MCAS score!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fitchburgs corruption being exposed (Feb '16) 11 hr Officer Krupke 470
News Ayer arrests (Aug '09) Thu Nick 5
Kevin Lynch and his dirty scally cap spotted at... Aug 16 Declan 4
Jeffrey Irvine (Nov '16) Aug 16 People want to know 5
Lynch Leading the March in trademark scaly cap Aug 15 Robert V Antonucci 2
Lynch Surfaces From The Sewage Pond Aug 14 JJIrv 7
Jeffrey Irvine Aug 14 JJIrv 1

Ashby Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance