Man held without bail after sixth OUI charge - Sentinel & Enter...

There are 20 comments on the Mar 11, 2010, Sentinel & Enterprise story titled Man held without bail after sixth OUI charge - Sentinel & Enter.... In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

An Ashburnham man arrested in Ashby March 4, for allegedly driving drunk for the sixth time, was ruled too dangerous to release Wednesday and ordered held without bail.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Daisy

Canton, MA

#1 Mar 11, 2010
Obviously he did not abide by the conditions you dumbass lawyer and therefore for his repeated ignorance will be kept until trial. I dont want to drive down the same street as he is not to be trusted. What is it gonna take for him to kill someone? He need help badly.
Heidi

Somerville, MA

#2 Mar 11, 2010
how funny is it that the lawyer defending him is a drunk himself. Let alone a shoplifter. Come on what kind of idoiot walks into Sears to steal a few pairs of soxs and a tent. Wake up Lenny Staples. You are a looser just like your client
Shoe

United States

#3 Mar 11, 2010
6th OUI? Why did he even have a valid license?
Resident

Fitchburg, MA

#4 Mar 11, 2010
Lenny "socks" Staples is representing him. Unfortunately this guy probably has a better than 50% chance of getting off. Too bad as he's probably guilty.
hunter

Tacoma, WA

#5 Mar 11, 2010
Resident wrote:
Lenny "socks" Staples is representing him. Unfortunately this guy probably has a better than 50% chance of getting off. Too bad as he's probably guilty.
your right
rush

Tacoma, WA

#6 Mar 11, 2010
hunter wrote:
<quoted text>
your right
test
BFT

Fitchburg, MA

#7 Mar 11, 2010
Who are we to judge this man? We have no idea what kind of life this man has had! He could have been sober for quite some time and thought he could handle drinking again. Who's to say. You people are so quick to judge maybe you should take a good long look at yourself. I'm sure you are all angels. I'm not saying he is right in what he did but lets face it no one is perfect!!!!!
chel

Brookline, MA

#8 Mar 11, 2010
isn't there supposed to be a mandatory jail sentence at some point? which part of mandatory do they not understand?
Maurice Ronaldo - Mo Ron

Rockville, MD

#9 Mar 11, 2010
chel wrote:
isn't there supposed to be a mandatory jail sentence at some point? which part of mandatory do they not understand?
Thay can only sentence you if you are convicted. The lawyer's job, whether we like it or not, is to keep the guy from getting convivted...
No One Gets It

Leominster, MA

#10 Mar 11, 2010
BFT wrote:
Who are we to judge this man? We have no idea what kind of life this man has had! He could have been sober for quite some time and thought he could handle drinking again. Who's to say. You people are so quick to judge maybe you should take a good long look at yourself. I'm sure you are all angels. I'm not saying he is right in what he did but lets face it no one is perfect!!!!!
Apparently you don't get it. Maybe next time he's drunkl on the road you will be his next head on target. Wow, some people really don't get it.
One Piece of S**t off the roads. Finally a judge who did the right thing.
tami

Windham, NH

#11 Mar 11, 2010
People like this should never get their license back. What does it take to keep this one off the road for someone to die.
No winners

Somerville, MA

#12 Mar 11, 2010
How sad for his family to have to go through this & to read & hear all of the comments. Understandably people are upset; they have every right to be. However, Mr. King will more than likely not be reading these articles or hearing all the talk, his family, more importantly his children will be the sole benefactors of all of it. There truly are no winners.
Cool E OOOOOOOOO

Maynard, MA

#13 Mar 11, 2010
Let me get this straight, this Dude gets held without bail for a 6th DUI and Amy Shack who robbed the back at Shaw's In Leominster on Tuesday, gets
held on 100k bail.

NICE JUSTICE SYSTEM
Greg

AOL

#14 Mar 11, 2010
Who are we to judge this man? We're the citizens of the Commonwealth who, through our court system, gave this guy not only a second chance but a sixth chance to straighten out his life. At some point, sympathy for him and his family, whether founded or not, has to take a backseat to public safety. I have no idea why he had a valid license or wasn't already locked up somewhere, but he clearly is an individual who is incapable of conforming his behavior to the law, and should be given no further benefit of the doubt.
close by

Gardner, MA

#15 Mar 11, 2010
Really People? Don't we all have a drunk in the family? We all do!!! It is sad and horrible that this man keeps messing up his life and risking others with his drinking problem. Alcohol makes people make bad decisions. Drinking and driving is the by-product of that. Mr. King IS a nice man with a BAD problem. Calling him a loser and a scum bag means only you have no idea what is truly going on in an alcoholic's mind. Judge all you want, funny how those who choose to have the most unadressed problems.
I truly hope THIS will be the lesson that makes him see that he is due for a treatment plan that sticks. I hope his family has the support they need for this. They, I am sure are suffering as well. Peace.
Agree

Leominster, MA

#16 Mar 11, 2010
close by wrote:
Really People? Don't we all have a drunk in the family? We all do!!! It is sad and horrible that this man keeps messing up his life and risking others with his drinking problem. Alcohol makes people make bad decisions. Drinking and driving is the by-product of that. Mr. King IS a nice man with a BAD problem. Calling him a loser and a scum bag means only you have no idea what is truly going on in an alcoholic's mind. Judge all you want, funny how those who choose to have the most unadressed problems.
I truly hope THIS will be the lesson that makes him see that he is due for a treatment plan that sticks. I hope his family has the support they need for this. They, I am sure are suffering as well. Peace.
Well said. I know this man. He had this problem conquered, but an alcoholic is never really cured. I also hope he gets the help he needs without people giving up on him like a bag of trash you throw in a dump.
Aamanda

Fitchburg, MA

#17 Mar 11, 2010
A 6th OUI....he's a danger to everybody.
Amy

United States

#18 Mar 11, 2010
Cool E OOOOOOOOO wrote:
Let me get this straight, this Dude gets held without bail for a 6th DUI and Amy Shack who robbed the back at Shaw's In Leominster on Tuesday, gets
held on 100k bail.
NICE JUSTICE SYSTEM
That's because Ayer judges don't mess around like the Fitchburg & Leominster judges do!! If he went before a Fitchburg or Leominster judge he would have been let out on personal recognition!
so sad

Worcester, MA

#19 Mar 11, 2010
It only took 6 DUI's to keep him locked up!!!!!
Republican

Cherry Valley, MA

#20 Mar 11, 2010
BFT wrote:
Who are we to judge this man? We have no idea what kind of life this man has had! He could have been sober for quite some time and thought he could handle drinking again. Who's to say. You people are so quick to judge maybe you should take a good long look at yourself. I'm sure you are all angels. I'm not saying he is right in what he did but lets face it no one is perfect!!!!!
Driving drunk for the sixth time ? You're an imbecile. This guy is not going to stop until he kills somebody. Take him out and shoot him, now. And shoot that idiot BFT while you're at it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Does Kevin Lynch have any credibility? 34 min Lynch for Hoodlum 8
Baltimore burns 5 hr Ped 1
News Two charged in Leominster road-rage incident 13 hr Warren 4
Stand behind what you state 21 hr Citizen X 7
News Wong's husband running in Holyoke Sun Jtn 1
News Twin Cities go for the clean sweep Sun Warren 3
News Guest Column: No Fergusons in Fitchburg Sun Warren 51
More from around the web

Ashby People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]