Vote yes for new Briggs School - Sent...

Vote yes for new Briggs School - Sentinel & Enterprise

There are 46 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Dec 9, 2010, titled Vote yes for new Briggs School - Sentinel & Enterprise. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

Everyone understands times are tough, but in the debate over Briggs there is one certainty: We need a new school.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
WTF

Gardner, MA

#42 Dec 11, 2010
What are you people thinking....we have the 3rd highest foreclosure rate in the state...our new 2011 tax rate is $17.15 then tack on the (supposedly) $1.88 on that...hmmm....$19.03..that's our new tax rate per $1000.00....that WILL put Ashburnham in the top taxpayers in the state...what happens when there are cost over runs ....what will be the actual tax rate be then...over $20.00 per thousand....now what...how many houses in Ashburnham are valued at the $260,000 that they based the estimated tax per house on .....I bet only 1/3rd so the other 2/3rds will be paying alot more ...if their estimate for the new school is about $56,000,000.00 and there are approxamatly 525 students that averages out to be about hmmmm.....$106,600.00 per student,PLEASE VOTE NO.............
Mad Hatter

Fitchburg, MA

#43 Dec 11, 2010
This town is destroying itself the people who run the assesing come from dumpy towns athol and balwinville they care less. Both are selling thier house.
I tried to make the house nice in a older development they increased my tax by tens of thousands in value this was years ago.
Some neighbors got into financial problems and just left thier houses in poor shape the town cared less people wanted these houses but the town taxed these at roughly 5000.00 dollars.
The people gave up because these houses needed much work, So the houses gets worse.
I had an apprasel will lose 100,000 guess why? The surrounding houses,
The town formula part of is tax the houses at full value the cost to rebuild at current today prices minus depreciation,(SICK) out of 15 people older people will vote no.
when to market gains back average tax will be 10,000 plus something bad will happen in this town guareenteed.
Because of surrounding houses,
sam

Fitchburg, MA

#44 Dec 12, 2010
The town has a bad location a new school will not help the town.
Ashburnham Resident

Worcester, MA

#45 Dec 14, 2010
I am voting YES on Thurs. Do you know why? I believe the children of Ashburnham deserve a new school. Have any of the NO votes here ever stepped foot in JR Briggs? If you have, you would understand the need. Taxes are a part of life. They will always go up...they will NEVER go down. Get used to it. If you are so upset about your taxes going up, move to a town with lower taxes. Stop holding back the people who want to improve the town of Ashburnham.
Ash Resident

Worcester, MA

#46 Dec 16, 2010
YES!! It passed.
800 yes to 413 no
Ashburnham spoke up loud and clear.
Joe

Berlin, MA

#47 Dec 16, 2010
Looks like a $20 per 1000 tax rate next year

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashburnham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A New Lynch Outrage? 3 hr Carol Hodge 3
MrLynchs court Vidication 3 hr Attny for Lynch 2
Here We Go Again 17 hr Dub Mologhan 2
Fitchburg permitted book burning Fri jesus christ 5
Lynch Anti Violence Scam. Thu LoveTOlickBalls 6
Fitchburgs corruption being exposed (Feb '16) Feb 21 Victor Ericson 562
News Helping those who battle addiction Feb 19 LoveTOlickBalls 7

Ashburnham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance