Towns harnessing the sun - Sentinel & Enterprise

Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

Several North Central Massachusetts communities in the past year have looked to the sun -- and the energy it provides -- to reduce their carbon footprint while saving a buck or two.
Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Oct 18, 2010
Mike

Walpole, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

Glad to see Fitchburg is on top of this... We wouldn't want to upset Unitil! Shut off some more street lights! LOL
Earthling

Villena, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

Yes, it amuses me that 14 years ago, I couldn't see one light from my house at night, but now there are hundreds, many of them street lights that are completely unnecesary and they stay on until dawn.
The local Town Hall has fallen in line with legal requirements and lowered their heating and cooling thermostats, meanwhile, the new street lights consume more than is being saved.
What a crazy world we live in.
Joe

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

PV is great if you have other people's money paying for it. Otherwise it is an expensive feel good exercise. There are too many developments in the wings with PV to justify the average homeowner installing it yet. Solar hot water on the other hand is a mature technology that can lower utility bills now..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Severe Thunderstorm Watch for Worcester County was issued at July 28 at 2:10PM EDT

•••
•••

Ashburnham News Video

•••
•••

Ashburnham Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Ashburnham People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE