Towns harnessing the sun - Sentinel &...

Towns harnessing the sun - Sentinel & Enterprise

There are 3 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Oct 18, 2010, titled Towns harnessing the sun - Sentinel & Enterprise. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

Several North Central Massachusetts communities in the past year have looked to the sun -- and the energy it provides -- to reduce their carbon footprint while saving a buck or two.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

Mike

Boston, MA

#1 Oct 18, 2010
Glad to see Fitchburg is on top of this... We wouldn't want to upset Unitil! Shut off some more street lights! LOL
Earthling

Spain

#2 Oct 18, 2010
Yes, it amuses me that 14 years ago, I couldn't see one light from my house at night, but now there are hundreds, many of them street lights that are completely unnecesary and they stay on until dawn.
The local Town Hall has fallen in line with legal requirements and lowered their heating and cooling thermostats, meanwhile, the new street lights consume more than is being saved.
What a crazy world we live in.
Joe

Gardner, MA

#3 Oct 18, 2010
PV is great if you have other people's money paying for it. Otherwise it is an expensive feel good exercise. There are too many developments in the wings with PV to justify the average homeowner installing it yet. Solar hot water on the other hand is a mature technology that can lower utility bills now..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashburnham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Where is Kevin Lynch? (Nov '14) 6 hr Tammy 320
Poll Has Jtn taken over and ruined Topix (Jul '14) 6 hr Jtn 20
I love you JTn (Jul '14) 8 hr Jtn 4
News Rotary Club installs new officers 9 hr Jtn 1
that was the worst display of firework in fitch... Sun Unlikely 12
Wat you doing for Juky 4 Sun bpb 3
News Fitchburg man facing drug, weapons charges afte... Sun bpb 1
More from around the web

Ashburnham People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE