sexual reassignment surgery for a con...

sexual reassignment surgery for a convicted murderer

Posted in the Ashburnham Forum

Howie

Fitchburg, MA

#1 Dec 21, 2012
A federal judge ordered Massachusetts prison officials today to provide sexual reassignment surgery for a convicted murderer, calling it the only way to correct the "prolonged violation" of the inmate's Constitutional right against cruel and unusual punishment.

Michelle Kosilek, who was born Robert, had filed a lawsuit against the Massachusetts Department of Corrections, seeking an injunction that would require prison officials to grant her the sexual reassignment surgery that was recommended by prison doctors as treatment for her gender identity disorder. Robert Kosilek was convicted in the 1990 strangulation death of his wife, Cheryl.

U.S. District Judge Mark Wolf ruled that Michelle Kosilek, who lives as a woman in a male prison facility, had experienced "intense mental anguish," and said there was a "serious medical need" for her to have the procedure.
Massachusetts taxpayers will pay $700,000 to sex-change inmate's lawyer in legal fees...unless the state allows her final operation

Just wondeRful, your hard earned tax Dollars will now pay for a murder's gender re-assignment surgery,... omly in Massachusetts!!!
huh

Leominster, MA

#2 Dec 21, 2012
Smart idea. (S)he would be much safer in the womens' prison. Wonder how many men facing life without parole will try this now. Drastic but effective.
Clancy wiggum

Springfield, NJ

#3 Dec 22, 2012
If anyone who has been to stare prison and reads these boreds could you please give us some insight into why someone would do this? Is state prison that bad?

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#4 Dec 23, 2012
Just think about it! Now any gay convict can have a free tax funded sex change operation if they so choose. And if anyone else wants a free sex change operation all they have to do is commit a crime and get incarcerated. What a country.
Harold

Fitchburg, MA

#6 Dec 23, 2012
I would like a gender re-asignment too, but can't afford it, it is very expensive.
I think I'll commit a serious crime soon.
Lil John

Leominster, MA

#7 Dec 26, 2012
I miss the good ol days when men were men and women were women. Back thn men wanted to be like John Wayne not Joanne Wayne. Life was simpler and better.
huh

Leominster, MA

#8 Dec 26, 2012
Lil John wrote:
I miss the good ol days when men were men and women were women. Back thn men wanted to be like John Wayne not Joanne Wayne. Life was simpler and better.
As far as you know. It was always there, just not in your face all the time as it is now.
huh

Leominster, MA

#9 Dec 26, 2012
Stamos wrote:
Just think about it! Now any gay convict can have a free tax funded sex change operation if they so choose. And if anyone else wants a free sex change operation all they have to do is commit a crime and get incarcerated. What a country.
Gender reassignment has nothing to do with being gay. I know a man who became a woman, but never had the desire to have sex with men. Now (s)he's living the life she felt she was born to live even though (s)he's really ugly as a woman with a receeding hairline and a potbelly and stands over 6ft tall. Not for me to judge. Was previously married to a woman and has two grown children.
silly

Swampscott, MA

#10 Jan 20, 2013
huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Gender reassignment has nothing to do with being gay. I know a man who became a woman, but never had the desire to have sex with men. Now (s)he's living the life she felt she was born to live even though (s)he's really ugly as a woman with a receeding hairline and a potbelly and stands over 6ft tall. Not for me to judge. Was previously married to a woman and has two grown children.
It seems like the men who do this always have large frames. They can't seem to see how rediculous they look.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashburnham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News SJC grants new trial to homeless man in trespas... 22 min Golf club 3
News City kicks off annual Civic Days at Riverfront ... 24 min Golf club 2
News Vacant home on Rollstone Road in Fitchburg dama... 1 hr Voters love LYNCH 1
News Fitchburg Mayor DiNatale may have met his match... 1 hr Voters love LYNCH 2
Just Another Tuesday Tue Cedar Street momm... 10
remember that lynch is out of his mind Jun 26 Anthony Zeppole 5
News Coast Guard: Body recovered from Gulf sailboat ... Jun 24 Think About It 2

Ashburnham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashburnham Mortgages