Loudoun County sheriff says intruder ...

Loudoun County sheriff says intruder shot and killed by homeowner was Park View High student

There are 28 comments on the www.washingtonpost.com story from Mar 18, 2013, titled Loudoun County sheriff says intruder shot and killed by homeowner was Park View High student. In it, www.washingtonpost.com reports that:

Police say a Loudoun County teenager was shot and killed after he climbed into a neighbor's home through a back window.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.washingtonpost.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
the dude abides

San Mateo, CA

#21 Mar 20, 2013
Nightwhisper wrote:
<quoted text>
REPLY:
You ALWAYS have the right to kill anyone who enters your home like this kid did.- that is an oversimplification. You do not, in all states, have the 'right' to kill someone who is in your house without permission.
Your home is your castle and you have a human right to defend it. Someone sneaking into a home they don't live in, at 3am can be shot dead.
This kid broke so many laws including committing felonies.
1) Snuck out of his house--(this is not 'breaking the law)
2) was out after curfew --( also, not an illegal act)
3) drinking when it is illegal (misdemeanor)
4) sneaking back in (?)
5) sneaking in the wrong house.(the closet you might come to a felony here. You'd have to prove intent, however, in the State of Va. I don't think it would be easy to prove that he had any criminal intent to make this felony B/I. Criminal Trespass , yes--again a misdemeanor)
Anyone sneaking into someone elses house deserves to be shot dead and I am personally glad this criminal is dead. I don't value criminals lives, only law abiding peoples lives. DON"T bother to say he made a mistake. He made many, many mistakes where I listed 5 of them.
You are a very sad oerson.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#22 Mar 20, 2013
walkundertheinfluence wrote:
<quoted text>
"By the same right" meaning you'd have to wait around until the "neighbor gunman" broke into your house at 3 am, no?
If he killed my kid, I would just hunt him down.

Just like John Gotti.

Since: Jul 07

Newport News, VA

#23 Mar 21, 2013
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like John Gotti.
which is really just the same sentiment as preventing one who breaks into your home at 3am from killing your family. thank you for realizing this...

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#24 Mar 21, 2013
GoodNewz wrote:
<quoted text>
which is really just the same sentiment as preventing one who breaks into your home at 3am from killing your family. thank you for realizing this...
Wrong.
The neighbor was just a drunk kid, mistaking his house. To simply kill him when he offered no threat, when he could have been stopped in 50 ways is legal murder.

Even for legal murder, there must be justice.
walkundertheinfl uence

Virginia Beach, VA

#25 Mar 21, 2013
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
The neighbor was just a drunk kid, mistaking his house. To simply kill him when he offered no threat, when he could have been stopped in 50 ways is legal murder.
There is no such thing as legal murder.

You obviously have no understanding of the law......
walkundertheinfl uence

Virginia Beach, VA

#26 Mar 21, 2013
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like John Gotti.
Funny you bring up Gotti, his kid was killed by his own negligence also.

Gotti died a painful slow death in prision, BTW.

Not exactly a role model.......

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#27 Mar 21, 2013
If someone breaks into your house and enters it at three o'clock in the morning, there is no legal requirement in any state to Mirandize the suspect and question him about his intentions.

Just shoot the son-of-a-bitch and if it turns out to be a drunk teenager who doesn't recognize his own house, then pat yourself on the back for strengthening the gene pool and go buy some more ammunition.
XDS45

Emmaus, PA

#28 Mar 21, 2013
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Well lets see here 1st off the 16 yr was drunk so who provided him with the alcohol. Now if any homeowner thinks an alarm is going to get the cops there any fast need to wake up and smell the coffee. Now lets look at it from the homeower position you are asleep then you are suddenly awoke by the alarm going off you grab your gun and open your bedroom door and see a man comi.g up the stairs. You verbally tell him to leave and he still coming you fire a warning shot (which you should never do) and he walks past you toward rooms occupied by family members. So the homeowner did what he need to do to protect his faimly The homeowner gave him 2 yes count them 2 chances to leave and he did not comply. The homeowner gave him more chances than I would have. If you are not invited in you are an intruder and at 2am with the alarm going off YOU are most definitely an intruder.

IT'S BETTER TO BE JUDGED BY 12 THEN CARRIED BY 6

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashburn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loudoun County High School is Racist. (Aug '09) Dec 1 DonaldTrump 28
End White Supremacy Now Nov 20 three blocks 1
News Woman who flipped off Trump says she learned va... Nov '17 okimar 2
News Juli Briskman gestures with her middle finger as a Nov '17 GraspTheObvious 2
News Woman fired for flipping off Trump's motorcade Nov '17 juli is dirt 1
Evergreen Village homes page added Oct '17 marcuss 2
News Who Would Jesus Deport? (Jul '14) Jun '17 FireyFellow44 161

Ashburn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashburn Mortgages