Firefighters' Prank Proves Costly

Dec 16, 2010 Full story: NBC Washington 9

A prank attempted by some Ashburn, Va. , firefighters resulted in $1,000 in damages, according to the Loudon County Fire Department.

Full Story
Unhappy Ashburn Resident

Fort Wayne, IN

#1 Dec 17, 2010
Estimations provided are not accurate -- cost is well over $10000 for repairs.
Concerned citizen

Leesburg, VA

#2 Dec 17, 2010
This is a public safety center, let's all go have a look for ourselves !! We can also show our kids what the inside of a fire house looks like. Im pretty sure no appointments are needed just show up during the day.
Vandals

Leesburg, VA

#3 Dec 17, 2010
Is this the Only damaged sustained to the station by the asburn volunteer fire department ? How long have costly pranks been going on? These volunteers are supose to come help us in time of need but are damaging county property.. I don't want Vandals coming to help me !
Criminals

Leesburg, VA

#4 Dec 17, 2010
Why are these members above the law ? Any other citizen would be prosecuted. Did the sheriffs office drop the ball again ?
No to Supervisor Dan Cohn

Leesburg, VA

#5 Dec 17, 2010
Dan Cohn, the volunteer fire chief of the ashburn volunteer fire department is running for the loudoun county board of supervisors broad run district position next year. It seems he can't control a small organization. How would we be able to trust him taking care of the entire county !! NO TO COHN FOR SUPERVISOR !!
Justicemaker

Leesburg, VA

#6 Dec 17, 2010
Total. BS. There was over $30K in damages. The idiots could have easily gotten the keys to the locked doors - oh the damage was to muliple interiior doors - which means, frames, drywall, etc must be repaired. Anyway- rather than busting the door frames to get in they could have gone and got the keys from a lock box.

What BS. These "pranksters" should be put out on their butts. I dont care how much training they have - plenty of folks raise their hands to volunteer.

In the end the good people will be lumped in w/ the bad apples....and the entire organization looks bad.
Serious One

Herndon, VA

#7 Dec 18, 2010
People, we need to be serious here. Those that are responsible should be put to death. I have talked to members who have stated that damages are estimated to be well over 9,000 dollars. I say that instead of trusting our lives in the hands of these hooligans, we don't call 911.

Also, things like this never happen at firehouses around the country. Firefighters are always on their best behavior. Even after extremely difficult calls.
Anonymous

Herndon, VA

#8 Dec 21, 2010
You people are all idiots (except Serious One). None of you know the full story. The damage done in the prank alone was no more than $700 or $800 dollars. The damage over all totalling to a few grand was from repeated forcible openings of most of the doors due to a design flaw in the door locations, the locks, and the fact that the volunteers don't have access to the keys. Yeah those idiots may be houligans or vandals, but they're willing to put their life on the lines for your sorry asses. Find something better to do with your time than bash a couple firefighters letting off steam in between making a difference for their community.

Jackwagons...
Crazy Horse

Herndon, VA

#9 Dec 21, 2010
That's total BS! I heard that $3.4 million was done in damaged, someone got sexually assaulted, and one person DIED as a result of the prank! Have these so called heros have no couth?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashburn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Help chudai me 1 hr Shiv Ram 25
me bottom hu muje ladki bna kar meri maro batuh... 1 hr Shiv Ram 11
2014 waec gce chemistry real answers nowavailable 10 hr abaexpo 1
2014 waec gce government real answers nowavailable 10 hr abaexpo 1
fun 12 hr sunil24 1
UNIBEN PRE DEGREE/DIPLOMA FORM 2014/2015 STILL ... 21 hr DR FELIX 1
UNIZIK PRE DEGREE/DIPLOMA FORM 2014/2015 STILL ... 21 hr DR FELIX 1
•••
•••
•••