PHARES: The Ashburn jihadist signals ...

PHARES: The Ashburn jihadist signals a greater danger

There are 1 comment on the Washington Times story from Nov 5, 2010, titled PHARES: The Ashburn jihadist signals a greater danger. In it, Washington Times reports that:

The FBI's arrest of Farooque Ahmed of Ashburn, Va., for allegedly assisting al Qaeda in planning multiple bombings around the nation's capital paints a sobering picture of the threat we still face from jihadists.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington Times.

Stanley Huber

Langley, WA

#1 Nov 6, 2010
How can this possibly be... that an American Muslim could be capable of such a thing? I mean, just last night I heard on PBS that Al Queda recruits are merely the down-trodden, un-employable youths looking for a way to enhance their standing with Allah and among the True Believers, and to give their lives a new meaning. This 34-year-old computer engineer, husband, father of one and naturalized U.S. citizen does not fit that profile at all! Hmmmmmmmmm..., maybe the only REAL common thread among these Jihadists is....(think..... think...... think..... oh, man, this is really hard!).... wait.... it's coming to me... THAT'S IT: They're Muslim! They're all MUSLIMS!! Well, the OBVIOUS obvious to this whole Jihad problem is that the TSA needs to intensify their efforts at body-scanning and patting down little old grannies and children, banning my Dasani water, and boy-o-boy don't forget to empty your pockets and take off those shoes when you pass through the metal detectors. And TURN OFF YOUR DAMN CELL PHONES LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!! There now dont you feel so much safer now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashburn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Meet Aug 19 Meet 1
Anybody know Steve Doan? (Jul '08) Jul 28 scooter trash 11
News Trump tweets frustration with Republicans Jul 25 totallydisgusted 3
check this call of duty shot out Jul '17 codedits 1
News Police motorcycle competition revs up for a goo... (Aug '14) Jul '17 just saying 2
Evergreen Village homes page added Jul '17 jseville 1
News Privatization plan hits turbulence; supporters ... Jul '17 anonymous 1

Ashburn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashburn Mortgages