Ashburn's top cop fired

May 9, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WALB-TV Albany

City council members voted unanimously Thursday night to terminate Bryant McCard who had served as Ashburn's top cop since 2007.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
I-75 ticket revenue

Tifton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

Boy that is the truth Ashburns cops are on the case right around exit 80 on I-75. When do they have the time to serve the community of Ashburn citizens and property?
Tennessean

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

Judged:

I was stopped and ticketed by one of Ashburns finest a few weeks ago on I-75. It was 1 o'clock in the morning and the officer said I was going 83mph in a 60mph construction zone. I didn't see the speed limit sign reducing the speed from 70 to 60. The officer told me to call the next day, to find out the amount of the ticket. I called and the fine was $450.00. I don't deny speeding, but the amount seemed excessive. Does anyone know if the fines double only when the workers are present? I didn't see any. Also does anyone know if you can attend traffic school to get the ticket reduced or dismissed? I am trying to decide whether to make the 9 hour trip back to Ashburn for court or just mail city hall the 450. I have been driving for 30 yrs and had never received a speeding ticket, until I came through Ashburn.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2009

Judged:

Tennessean wrote:
I was stopped and ticketed by one of Ashburns finest a few weeks ago on I-75. It was 1 o'clock in the morning and the officer said I was going 83mph in a 60mph construction zone. I didn't see the speed limit sign reducing the speed from 70 to 60. The officer told me to call the next day, to find out the amount of the ticket. I called and the fine was $450.00. I don't deny speeding, but the amount seemed excessive. Does anyone know if the fines double only when the workers are present? I didn't see any. Also does anyone know if you can attend traffic school to get the ticket reduced or dismissed? I am trying to decide whether to make the 9 hour trip back to Ashburn for court or just mail city hall the 450. I have been driving for 30 yrs and had never received a speeding ticket, until I came through Ashburn.
Well welcome to one of Georgia's speed traps. Ashburn is trying to raise money for their current in house lawsuit. The biggest joke in Georgia.
Beverley Hall

Norcross, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2009

Judged:

They got me good and proper $735 for speeding in a construction site, he told me I was going at 86, in a 60 I was in the slow lane behind two tracker trailers, I have never had a ticket in my life, but I didn't see the 60 sign, and was to scared to argue with him, but I am now feeling as sick as anything at the price I have to pay, it is a mortgage.
Beverley Hall

Norcross, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2009

Judged:

I called the DOT and your right, it is speed entrapment, they don't have construction going on anywhere near mile marker 82, so it has been set up by the local people, just to make money for them.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2009

Judged:

Beverley Hall wrote:
I called the DOT and your right, it is speed entrapment, they don't have construction going on anywhere near mile marker 82, so it has been set up by the local people, just to make money for them.
Request the document from the DOT and contest the fine.
JustDroppedBy

Vienna, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2009

I live in Cordele and work in Tifton so I travel I-75 daily. There is and has been construction on that stretch of road for at least 2 years. The fine sounds excessive, but there is construction going on.
happy girl

Wrens, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2009

Judged:

yes there is 15 or more increased speeding signs fines starts a little bit apast mile marker 76 starts and ends past exit 84.it is plain for every one to see plus the lighted signs they have saying slow down telling dates and times and plainly posts 60 miles per hr.sorry you got busted next time be watching out.
Mike

Valdosta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2009

Judged:

Yes the fines are an act of debt, with the economy the way it is, I think there assisting the stock market to crash. Someone like me can not afford a traffic fine in the amount of 485.00 with a salary of $1,600. I'm dead in the water.

With all the corruption in Ashburn including Dishonest COPS, Theft, Drug Dealer running the city. I can't believe that they can't find a better away to make money.

I think they should fine themselves for the poor jobs they do in protecting people there.

They still haven't solve the case where a pregnant girl and her family was shot and burn.

SHAME SHAME SHAME
Amos

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

Judged:

Can you tell me who is the Drug Dealer running the City of Ashburn
Mike wrote:
Yes the fines are an act of debt, with the economy the way it is, I think there assisting the stock market to crash. Someone like me can not afford a traffic fine in the amount of 485.00 with a salary of $1,600. I'm dead in the water.
With all the corruption in Ashburn including Dishonest COPS, Theft, Drug Dealer running the city. I can't believe that they can't find a better away to make money.
I think they should fine themselves for the poor jobs they do in protecting people there.
They still haven't solve the case where a pregnant girl and her family was shot and burn.
SHAME SHAME SHAME
Lil Wayne

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2009

Mike wrote:

SHAME SHAME SHAME
Maybe if you knew how to speak and write you could make more money...
CorneliusHille

Willacoochee, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2010

Judged:

you all are right because i'm from there. Ashburn is really 20 years behind. Trust me homie they know who did it. They just don't want the family to look bad because they're child will make the family look bad. Yall know the routine. Sweep it under the rug.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ashburn Discussions

Search the Ashburn Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 48 min Bill in Dville 47,383
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 9 hr Paris 2,036
I-75 speeding ticket (Jun '09) Jun 30 GerogiaNeverAgain 345
Romaine's Stained Glass Jun 22 old glasser 1
TondrA Denham Jun 22 long ago friend 2
Info on Ashburn Jun 15 Familylooking 1
Sumner Family Reunion (Sep '13) May '14 Karen Sams 2
•••
•••
•••
Ashburn Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••