A Desgregated Prom, 50 Years too Late

A Desgregated Prom, 50 Years too Late

There are 5 comments on the Daily Titan story from Apr 27, 2007, titled A Desgregated Prom, 50 Years too Late. In it, Daily Titan reports that:

“Traditionalists are pessimists about the future and optimists about the past.”

Issue date: 4/26/07 Section: Opinion The girls' sparkling dresses gleamed as they stood next to their prom dates in pressed tuxedos. via Daily Titan

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Titan.

JON MILLER

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1 May 5, 2007
IT'S GOOD AND IT'S POSITIVE. GOOD AND POSITIVE ARE
NEVER TOO LATE. THINK AND WRITE POSITIVELY.
Jane

Brooks, GA

#2 Jul 18, 2010
Black and white will never get along, they hate us for what happened 150 years ago. My ancestors weren't even here, but I am lumped in with the few whites that did have slaves because of my color. How should I feel about that? Al sharpton says I am guilty by association, how can that kind of attitude ever move forward?
sowga

Moultrie, GA

#3 Jul 28, 2010
I agree Jane, it will never be right. I know things have gotten better, but we will never be "one"
Elizabeth

Atlanta, GA

#4 Aug 5, 2010
I am white and you all who are of either race and have ANY issue about race are insecure and STUPID!!!!! Noone has time for such stupidity.Who cares?????
Zyk

Adel, GA

#5 Sep 11, 2010
I do agree with you Elizabeth!!,lets move ON.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashburn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pete Collins Feb 18 Hisbabymama 1
Musicians Jan '17 Benjamin 1
Sumner Family Reunion (Sep '13) Oct '16 april sumner 3
I-75 speeding ticket (Jun '09) Oct '16 robbiesd 404
Lundon Oct '16 Unknownperson000 1
Probation Sep '16 Michelle2017 1
News Turner murder suspect still on the run (Oct '08) Aug '16 Involved Citizen 16

Ashburn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashburn Mortgages