Ga. Senior Class to Try Integrated Prom

Ga. Senior Class to Try Integrated Prom

There are 10 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 10, 2007, titled Ga. Senior Class to Try Integrated Prom. In it, Newsday reports that:

Breaking from tradition, high school students in this small town are getting together for this year's prom.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Taquanda Jackson

Alpharetta, GA

#1 Apr 12, 2007
This is wack! Black fokes and whities need they space. I luv Ashburn, GA and for dat reason
Mike Walsh

Columbus, OH

#2 Apr 13, 2007
I don't even know what to say about the above comment... just thank God I'm from the North.
Bigman from Miami

Atlanta, GA

#3 Apr 16, 2007
I was born in Ahsburn in 1970. I am a African Anerican male. My mom moved to Miami in the mid 70's. I visit home (Ashburn) every now and then. I can say that when I am home, I do see a lot of the old ways such as ethnic groups keeping their distants from each other. Miami is a very diverse city where theres Haitians, Cubans, Blacks, and all other race and I've learned to deal with different cultures. So in turn, I liked the idea that the prom will be as one and hope that everyone can come to realize that this is a nation of diversity and we need to live amongst each other. Also, I read this acticle in the Miami Herald (04/15/07) I great seeing positive things happening from home.
Unknown

Ashburn, GA

#4 Apr 20, 2007
Well im from the stupid school.....the white people still held a separate prom....some of the people are being fake cuz they really DIDNT want to have it together.....it may be the first time its together but they still held a separate prom..thats what they arent telling you
Unknown

Ashburn, GA

#5 Apr 20, 2007
i think that its a great idea...i think that we are one class not to class that are different colors! We socialize and have the same classes together so why not have a prom together..its stupid that the white still held there separate prom just so that they could all get drunk and act stupid! thats what the after party is for people!!!!!!!!!!But what they arent sayng is that people who say they are for it arent really they are just being fake so that they can be on TV which is WRONG!

But Anyways i think that this is the best thing to happen to ashburn and i would like to see happen next year as well
Unknown

Gambier, OH

#6 Apr 22, 2007
That's sad that they actually still held a seperate prom. It's despicable. I can't believe this kind of crap still goes on so blatantly. This kind of thing should have been front page news this entire time until it got changed.
How disappointing. At least they're moving in the right direction.
Also. Damn glad I'm from the north as well.
Carol

Kathleen, GA

#7 Aug 20, 2007
Well i believe the prom was okay from what i heard but im from the school and just let peole be people and do what they want to our school made the choice now leave it alone
class of 99

Fayetteville, NC

#8 Apr 20, 2009
The class of 1999 was the first class to have a black and white prom. Whats so sad is that parents of the white students that object fail to realize that their kids stay across the railroad tracks. Secretly dating the black race. So why not have a prom together. I really wish that alot of the white race would get out and ride across the tracks. They will be in for a real surprise. Both races are sleeping with each other. Wshats really sad is that its half of the staff at turner County High that's doing it. Iy's sad to say that some things or people will never change. May God bless every soul in the small and closed minded town of Ashburn. So Glad to be away from there.
Concerened parent

Moultrie, GA

#9 May 5, 2009
After all the hard work and dedication the class of 2008 and parents put in to have a intergrated prom. Can someone tell me what happened in 2009? Turner County's Prom have been segragated AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!
Otis

New York, NY

#10 May 5, 2009
Where all the white women at!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashburn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I-75 speeding ticket (Jun '09) Jul 25 justkillingtime 397
robbie gree Jun '16 just curious 2
News Turner County woman charged with murder (Mar '13) Jun '16 big b 36
Hawk Apr '16 olefriend 1
New Mayor is a convicted FELON and Police Cheif... (Feb '15) Apr '16 Evelyn 8
PoPo Feb '16 where theres smoke 6
Get rid of the Sycamore Police Chief (Jun '15) Jan '16 Ervin 15

Ashburn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance