War hero honored in Ashburn

Full story: WALB-TV Albany
Today, Military officials and community leaders dedicated a park and welcome center in honor of Ashburn native and World War II hero Henry T. Elrod. Full Story
Karen Elrod Williams

AOL

#1 Oct 13, 2010
To honor a War Hero is truly a gift we are given by our Country. Henry T. Elrod was a man who well represents the many who have given their life for their Country. He would have been so proud to see the towns of Ashburn and Rebecca honor him...but he also would have wanted to share the honors with his fellow servicemen and servicewomen. Thank you to those in Georgia who have not forgotten. From the Elrod family....God Bless...and thank you!

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#2 Jan 4, 2011
Karen Elrod Williams wrote:
To honor a War Hero is truly a gift we are given by our Country. Henry T. Elrod was a man who well represents the many who have given their life for their Country. He would have been so proud to see the towns of Ashburn and Rebecca honor him...but he also would have wanted to share the honors with his fellow servicemen and servicewomen. Thank you to those in Georgia who have not forgotten. From the Elrod family....God Bless...and thank you!
We in Turner County are truly honored to have such a great serviceman honored here?

Are you originally from this area? I see your last name is Williams. My grandfather was a Williams as is my grandmother. Just seeing if there was any kind of relation...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashburn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tattooed Nov 30 interested 1
Homewrecker Nov 24 the truth 4
Turner murder suspect still on the run (Oct '08) Oct '14 Anonymous 15
Former Turner Sheriff remembered (Aug '12) Oct '14 DevastatedGrandda... 3
Debate: Marijuana - Ashburn, GA (Aug '10) Oct '14 concerned parent 2 9
I-75 speeding ticket (Jun '09) Sep '14 DanNEBTD 355
Musicians Sep '14 Benjamin 1

Flash Flood Watch for Turner County was issued at December 22 at 3:17PM EST

Ashburn Dating
Find my Match