Georgia School to Hold Integrated Prom

Full story: WLTX Columbia 58
There have always been two proms for students at Turner County High School in Ashburn, Georgia: one for whites and one for blacks. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
GGG

Irmo, SC

#66 Apr 14, 2007
Troutrising wrote:
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS ABOUT 3-G. SUSAN!
OBVIOUSLY, WHAT IS NEEDED IS FOR THOSE WHO DISAGREE WITH REVERSE-RACIST BLACKS TO TAKE A LESSON FROM BLACKS THEMSELVES: JUST BOYCOT THE ENTIRE PROM!
THOSE REVERSE RACISTS WHO PROMOTE IT SHOULD BE THE ONES WHO ARE LEGALLY REQUIRED TO PAY FOR IT!
I bother you dont I? Good! Be bothered...Join the crowd. We all like conflict and confusion! And apparently you do to because you are always poppin' that mouth off....

welcome aboard, chump!
Bigman

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

#68 Apr 17, 2007
I was born in Ashburn in 1970. I am an African American male. My mom moved to Miami in the mid 70's. I visit home (Ashburn) every now and then. I can say that when I am home, I do see a lot of the old ways such as ethnic groups keeping their distants from each other. Miami is a very diverse city where theres Haitians, Cubans, Blacks, and all other race and I've learned to deal with different cultures. So in turn, I liked the idea that the prom will be as one and hope that everyone can come to realize that this is a nation of diversity and we need to live amongst each other. Also, I read this acticle in the Miami Herald (04/15/07) I great seeing positive things happening from home.
General Lee Surprised

Detroit, MI

#70 Apr 17, 2007
Congratulations to the students of Ashburn, who are clearly more intelligent and rational than their parents, teachers and community leaders who would allow such an idiotic and ignorant tradition to continue for so long. Now all of the students who have noses, ears, eyes, hair, fingers, toes and skin can attend an event together...yeah color doesn't need to be said, these students, like all humans are the same. It's about time is an understatment.
James-Stud Body Pres

Albany, GA

#74 Apr 18, 2007
Yeah Thanks for the compliment :)
GGG wrote:
Thank goodness for the level headed black student body president....Foolish, like fools, no more....He made the best decision...Time to grow up and do things the right way.....oneness.
James-Stud Body Pres

Albany, GA

#75 Apr 18, 2007
I am the president who pushed for the Prom is ashburn Ga... and OMG You dont deserve to be in this forum you callin people nappy headed?? You should only speak of the Good Our Class Has done this year... not go on about Rev. Al..and Jessie who have nothing to do with our prom!
The Real World wrote:
<quoted text>
Leave it to the "black" to do something right for a change. The only problem, it was probably a "black" like Rev Al or Jessie that didn't won't to be with the whites in the first place because the hate "Y-T" so much. YOU nappy headed people amaze me every day with your worse reverse racism.
James-Stud Body Pres

Albany, GA

#76 Apr 18, 2007
Tellem... lol
Christopher K wrote:
<quoted text>
I wanna know who this real World person is cause in every forum they always got something racist to say probably some asshole who can only talk out through a damn forum too scared to say this shit outloud if u have a problem with black people then how about u go do something with yourself. Its always amazes me that white people dont like us but yall dumb asses brought us over here dont like it when you see a black person that drives a car better than you or actually has a job cause u dont seem to have one cause the only thing u can do is post on forums all day, but that is always has been funny to me that the same people that you tried to make your slaves over hundreds of years ago are actually doing better than yall. Funny how stuff changes huh The Real world.
James-Stud Body Pres

Albany, GA

#77 Apr 18, 2007
Thanks you so much for your thoughts and comments I appreciate it and I'm sure my class does the same!
Barbara wrote:
What is going on at this school???
what planet did the administaror come from?
we are in a point in time where we all are to be considered as ONE!
what happened to the word "DISCRIMINANTION"? I am very proud of the student who took his stand and said, "It's time for a change". He has shown more courage, intelligence, and value then any who lives in this community!
You know it is mighty sad to know that a child has to stand up for himself and his peers because of a community, a city, a county, and even our state can not stand up for these children!
And every one wants to know, "What's wrong with this generation?"
I ask you, What's wrong with this generation, is it because we have failed our children buy not living as an example, or is it because of the mighty dollar every turns their heads and let things like this just slide on by?
James-Stud Body Pres

Albany, GA

#78 Apr 18, 2007
Hey Do you know The Halls in Ashburn? I am the President who pushed for the prom?
Bigman wrote:
I was born in Ashburn in 1970. I am an African American male. My mom moved to Miami in the mid 70's. I visit home (Ashburn) every now and then. I can say that when I am home, I do see a lot of the old ways such as ethnic groups keeping their distants from each other. Miami is a very diverse city where theres Haitians, Cubans, Blacks, and all other race and I've learned to deal with different cultures. So in turn, I liked the idea that the prom will be as one and hope that everyone can come to realize that this is a nation of diversity and we need to live amongst each other. Also, I read this acticle in the Miami Herald (04/15/07) I great seeing positive things happening from home.
James-Stud Body Pres

Albany, GA

#79 Apr 18, 2007
Thanks for the Applause...
confused wrote:
Who in the world came up with this stupid idea? Whoever it is they seem like real idiots and people who don't have anything else to do with their own life. how long has segregation been over with? I mean really if you want something to do, read a book, do something that is CONSTRUCTIVE! It's about time someone stood up and put a stop to that! I applaud the student body president!
GGG

Irmo, SC

#80 Apr 19, 2007
The Real World wrote:
<quoted text>
GGG, you are a racist whether you will admit it or not. You hate me because of my views. Funny thing is, I don't even dislike you, I just think you are a reverse racist dumba$$. I would still help you if I have the chance. I don't judge you on your skin color, I simply judge you because of your ignorance.
Everyone has some degree of hate, but im not racist. I hate when you try to water down issues that face the black community. I hate when you and susan act as though only blacks do wrong. I hate your thought processes because in this society we dont have room for racist people like you. You make things difficult when it should not be. You point one finger at blacks forgetting that your other four fingers are pointing back at you. What are you doing to help, since we are such bad people? Instead of pointing a finger, get off your azz, go to the black communities and enlist to help....

Oh, you wont do that! You just sit on your but an complain...Anyone can do this....
GGG

Irmo, SC

#81 Apr 19, 2007
Oh, you wont do that! You just sit on your butt an complain...Anyone can do this....
GGG

Irmo, SC

#82 Apr 19, 2007
Susan wrote:
<quoted text>Word up brutha!!
susan, saying brotha, is not using standard English. It is not in the dictionary and it is certainly out of your whelm of language. CUT IT OUT!
GGG

Irmo, SC

#83 Apr 19, 2007
James-Stud Body Pres wrote:
Yeah Thanks for the compliment :)
<quoted text>
You are so welcome.....
Bigman

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#87 Apr 22, 2007
Hey Do you know The Halls in Ashburn? I am the President who pushed for the prom?<quoted text>
No I don't. Again I was born there and moved to Miami young. I'm part of Walker family on Pate Street down by the peanut factory and have family near Sycamore.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#88 Jan 30, 2011
Bigman wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't. Again I was born there and moved to Miami young. I'm part of Walker family on Pate Street down by the peanut factory and have family near Sycamore.
I know some Walkers from Sycamore. I live in Turner County.

Location hidden

#89 Jan 30, 2011
Hey Do you know The Halls in Ashburn? I am the President who pushed for the prom?<quoted text>
Hey James. Great job in your efforts.
kbw

Tifton, GA

#90 Feb 1, 2011
If you poeple knew ANYTHING about turner county you would know it was better the way it was!

Location hidden

#91 Feb 1, 2011
kbw wrote:
If you poeple knew ANYTHING about turner county you would know it was better the way it was!
How is that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashburn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tattooed Nov 30 interested 1
Homewrecker Nov 24 the truth 4
Turner murder suspect still on the run (Oct '08) Oct '14 Anonymous 15
Former Turner Sheriff remembered (Aug '12) Oct '14 DevastatedGrandda... 3
Debate: Marijuana - Ashburn, GA (Aug '10) Oct '14 concerned parent 2 9
I-75 speeding ticket (Jun '09) Sep '14 DanNEBTD 355
Musicians Sep '14 Benjamin 1
Ashburn Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web