Georgia School to Hold Integrated Prom

Georgia School to Hold Integrated Prom

There are 58 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Apr 10, 2007, titled Georgia School to Hold Integrated Prom. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

There have always been two proms for students at Turner County High School in Ashburn, Georgia: one for whites and one for blacks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

“Let's Just Laugh At Ignorance!”

Since: Mar 07

Berkeley, CA

#28 Apr 11, 2007
Susan wrote:
<quoted text>But, of course!
And the message will be something extra special?

Since: Apr 07

Columbia, SC

#29 Apr 11, 2007
Susan and Burstin Tuflayms need to get a room.
Shirley S

Irmo, SC

#30 Apr 11, 2007
Good for you Ashburn,it is time for a change.I hope your prom is a success.The world will be a better place with role model citizens like yourselfs.God Bless you
OH PLEASE

Lexington, SC

#31 Apr 12, 2007
It's about time!
ari11

Columbia, SC

#34 Apr 12, 2007
Susan wrote:
<quoted text>This IS our room! Your welcome to stay.
I knew it, delusions of grandeur. YOUR room, YOU own a blog on the internet. Sweetie YOU need to get a job. I heard Harpo Studio was hiring, you need to apply. But before you go in take the sheet off of your head.
ari11

Columbia, SC

#37 Apr 12, 2007
Susan wrote:
<quoted text>HUH? I am white dipshit. Take the needle outta your arm and get back in line. This is MY space. Move your azz off of it beotch!
Poor thing. Everyone knows you'r white. And you are really embarassing them right now. Do them a favor and keep the sheet on your head and your robe on.
lady

Columbia, SC

#38 Apr 12, 2007
Susan wrote:
<quoted text>HUH? I am white dipshit. Take the needle outta your arm and get back in line. This is MY space. Move your azz off of it beotch!
Sugar, you need to put the light bulb down and just say no!
ari11

Columbia, SC

#39 Apr 12, 2007
Susan wrote:
<quoted text>This IS our room! Your welcome to stay.
Yes this is YOUR space,an unlimited area in all directions. This is not YOUR room, a section in a building.
Marilyn Johnson

Columbia, SC

#43 Apr 12, 2007
I graduated from Batesburg-Leesville High, in South Carolina 1972. There were separate proms for years. Now it is together. However, today, 2007. whenever the former students get together for a reunion it is still separate. I do not participate in any of the reunion activities because of the division. There is still racism in the South and it is slowing changing and in some cases, it will never change.

Since: Apr 07

Baltimore, MD

#44 Apr 12, 2007
ari11 wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor thing. Everyone knows you'r white. And you are really embarassing them right now. Do them a favor and keep the sheet on your head and your robe on.
ahahaha...i love it!
ari11

Columbia, SC

#45 Apr 12, 2007
Susan wrote:
<quoted text>Do me favor tonight. Drive fast. Take chances!
I thought you were 12, now I know.
Christopher K

Charlotte, NC

#46 Apr 12, 2007
The Real World wrote:
<quoted text>
Leave it to the "black" to do something right for a change. The only problem, it was probably a "black" like Rev Al or Jessie that didn't won't to be with the whites in the first place because the hate "Y-T" so much. YOU nappy headed people amaze me every day with your worse reverse racism.
I wanna know who this real World person is cause in every forum they always got something racist to say probably some asshole who can only talk out through a damn forum too scared to say this shit outloud if u have a problem with black people then how about u go do something with yourself. Its always amazes me that white people dont like us but yall dumb asses brought us over here dont like it when you see a black person that drives a car better than you or actually has a job cause u dont seem to have one cause the only thing u can do is post on forums all day, but that is always has been funny to me that the same people that you tried to make your slaves over hundreds of years ago are actually doing better than yall. Funny how stuff changes huh The Real world.

“Prayer Is Power”

Since: Dec 06

Faith-Not-Religion

#47 Apr 12, 2007
Burstin Tuflayms wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm thinking comedy troupe. Care to join?
Oh yeah, count me in.
tiger fan

Minneapolis, MN

#50 Apr 12, 2007
Marilyn Johnson wrote:
I graduated from Batesburg-Leesville High, in South Carolina 1972. There were separate proms for years. Now it is together. However, today, 2007. whenever the former students get together for a reunion it is still separate. I do not participate in any of the reunion activities because of the division. There is still racism in the South and it is slowing changing and in some cases, it will never change.
And you are so right but I pray for the ignotant.
GGG

Columbia, SC

#51 Apr 12, 2007
Christopher K wrote:
<quoted text>
I wanna know who this real World person is cause in every forum they always got something racist to say probably some asshole who can only talk out through a damn forum too scared to say this shit outloud if u have a problem with black people then how about u go do something with yourself. Its always amazes me that white people dont like us but yall dumb asses brought us over here dont like it when you see a black person that drives a car better than you or actually has a job cause u dont seem to have one cause the only thing u can do is post on forums all day, but that is always has been funny to me that the same people that you tried to make your slaves over hundreds of years ago are actually doing better than yall. Funny how stuff changes huh The Real world.
The real world is no one of importance....dont alter your sleep over this racist pig.

“Prayer Is Power”

Since: Dec 06

Faith-Not-Religion

#54 Apr 13, 2007
columbia WARLOCK wrote:
<quoted text>
can you help me with the tour bus driving duty?
Absolutely.
Monica Lexington sc

Gilbert, SC

#55 Apr 13, 2007
This is very appaling and now I am ashamed to say I am from Georgia, this is crazy and ignorant!!!
Barbara

United States

#58 Apr 13, 2007
What is going on at this school???
what planet did the administaror come from?
we are in a point in time where we all are to be considered as ONE!
what happened to the word "DISCRIMINANTION"? I am very proud of the student who took his stand and said, "It's time for a change". He has shown more courage, intelligence, and value then any who lives in this community!
You know it is mighty sad to know that a child has to stand up for himself and his peers because of a community, a city, a county, and even our state can not stand up for these children!
And every one wants to know, "What's wrong with this generation?"
I ask you, What's wrong with this generation, is it because we have failed our children buy not living as an example, or is it because of the mighty dollar every turns their heads and let things like this just slide on by?
GGG

Columbia, SC

#63 Apr 13, 2007
Susan wrote:
<quoted text>GGG is a rabid racist! It shows in everyone of her comments.
Susan,
cut that out.....you know that youre the racist here. I only defind blacks when you and your comrades start that ignorant S H I T...

what's your address? im coming to to beat you...I mean im coming to see you....
GGG

Columbia, SC

#64 Apr 13, 2007
The Real World wrote:
<quoted text>
Takes one to know one.
lmao.....that was funny...no come back because im still laughing at that childish attempt to hurt me....you failed BIG TIME...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashburn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I-75 speeding ticket (Jun '09) Tue baffled 403
Probation Sep 13 Michelle2017 1
News Turner murder suspect still on the run (Oct '08) Aug '16 Involved Citizen 16
robbie gree Jun '16 just curious 2
News Turner County woman charged with murder (Mar '13) Jun '16 big b 36
Hawk Apr '16 olefriend 1
New Mayor is a convicted FELON and Police Cheif... (Feb '15) Apr '16 Evelyn 8

Ashburn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashburn Mortgages