Georgia School to Hold Integrated Prom

Full story: WLTX Columbia 58
There have always been two proms for students at Turner County High School in Ashburn, Georgia: one for whites and one for blacks. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Rachelle

Vance, SC

#1 Apr 10, 2007
Sounds to me like this school is segregated. I thought segregation was over a long time ago!!
have mercy

Gaston, SC

#2 Apr 10, 2007
I can't believe in this day and age that there are still schools who waste money on two events to keep the races separate. How stupid.

“Prayer Is Power”

Since: Dec 06

Faith-Not-Religion

#4 Apr 10, 2007
Congratualtions for joining the 21st century. Geesh, can't believe this was still going on.

“Let's Just Laugh At Ignorance!”

Since: Mar 07

Berkeley, CA

#5 Apr 10, 2007
Pardon me whilst I gasp....they're actually going to allow males AND females in the same building? How progressive!
Well Then

Rock Hill, SC

#6 Apr 10, 2007
Rachelle wrote:
Sounds to me like this school is segregated. I thought segregation was over a long time ago!!
It was as far as the law goes, but not in everyones mind!
Lisa

Matthews, NC

#7 Apr 10, 2007
Oh my...It's about time they got with the rest of the country!
FIC

United States

#9 Apr 10, 2007
What??? How have they gotten away with this?

Berkeley, CA

#10 Apr 10, 2007
Susan wrote:
<quoted text>I prefer males and females in the same body! BAM!! Oh, this will surely get some fun responses. Bucked up Burstin! We're in for a fun ride! Again.
Oh you naughty vixen! Come ride with me or you can just ride me. males and females in the same body? Sweetie, this way you get the best of BOTH worlds. Come, let me show you. We shall go shopping, dancing, and thoroughly enjoy the entire experience.

“Prayer Is Power”

Since: Dec 06

Faith-Not-Religion

#11 Apr 10, 2007
Susan wrote:
<quoted text>I prefer males and females in the same body! BAM!! Oh, this will surely get some fun responses. Bucked up Burstin! We're in for a fun ride! Again.
LOL Y'all always make me laugh! You certainly know how to have fun with this forum, and it is always entertaining.
GGG

Irmo, SC

#12 Apr 10, 2007
Thank goodness for the level headed black student body president....Foolish, like fools, no more....He made the best decision...Time to grow up and do things the right way.....oneness.

Berkeley, CA

#13 Apr 11, 2007
Jukebox wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Y'all always make me laugh! You certainly know how to have fun with this forum, and it is always entertaining.
I'm thinking comedy troupe. Care to join?

Berkeley, CA

#16 Apr 11, 2007
Susan wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, you are fun! BTW - meant to say buckle up! I get so excited my fingers can't type quickly and correctly. But they can do so many other things!
I won't tell you where the goosebumps are. You'll have to read them, like braille, for yourself.

Berkeley, CA

#17 Apr 11, 2007
Susan wrote:
<quoted text>Why thank you. I feel it is my duty to entertain. I am so grateful to have such willing participants!
As one of the "willing participants" I am happy to bring a smile and perhaps a bead of perspiration.

“Sick, Twisted Freak”

Since: Feb 07

Columba, SC

#18 Apr 11, 2007
Advice for the white students: Practice up on your dancing or you will be embarassed on prom night. May I recommend BET?

Advice for the black students: Don't make too much fun of the white students. They are a little sensitivie One word: Columbine.

Berkeley, CA

#20 Apr 11, 2007
Susan wrote:
<quoted text>Braille is my specialty! Ooohh - I must put the "massager" down. It will surely run out of battery juice soon. I have been "massaging" myself ALL day!
Care to use mine? It doesn't use batteries.

Berkeley, CA

#21 Apr 11, 2007
Susan wrote:
<quoted text>Braille is my specialty! Ooohh - I must put the "massager" down. It will surely run out of battery juice soon. I have been "massaging" myself ALL day!
More braille! More braille! ooooooooooooo!!!
Johnny Dollar

Columbia, SC

#22 Apr 11, 2007
Thank goodness they found a "Multiracial" student to be the Queen. I wonder how many races were involved? Two would have been Bi-racial. I

Berkeley, CA

#24 Apr 11, 2007
Susan wrote:
<quoted text>Mmm - indeed I would!
First we shall begin with a foot massage...and work our way from toe to head and back.

Berkeley, CA

#25 Apr 11, 2007
Susan wrote:
<quoted text>Mmm - indeed I would!
It's the between the "toes and head" that will create the most braille, I reserve the right to read your braille.
Freedom of Speech

Columbia, SC

#27 Apr 11, 2007
Bigdoggy wrote:
Advice for the white students: Practice up on your dancing or you will be embarassed on prom night. May I recommend BET?
Advice for the black students: Don't make too much fun of the white students. They are a little sensitivie One word: Columbine.
LOL!!! That was funny!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashburn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Mayor is a convicted FELON and Police Cheif... Feb 22 WAKEupAshburn 1
I-75 speeding ticket (Jun '09) Feb 18 SuperSpeeder 364
Everyone Needs To Know! (May '13) Feb 13 burnt420 2
tattooed Nov '14 interested 1
Homewrecker (Jul '14) Nov '14 the truth 4
Turner murder suspect still on the run (Oct '08) Oct '14 Anonymous 15
Former Turner Sheriff remembered (Aug '12) Oct '14 DevastatedGrandda... 3
Ashburn Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Ashburn People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:00AM
NFL Draft 2015: 1st-Round Mock Draft and Top Potential Mid-Round Steals
NFL 6:49 AM
Dan Quinn wants Sean Weatherspoon back on Falcons
Bleacher Report 4:54 PM
What's Best Plan for Replacements for Falcons?
Bleacher Report 1:44 PM
Jaguars' Final Free-Agency Outlook and Predictions
NBC Sports 8:50 AM
Report: Falcons sign LB Nate Stupar to one-year deal