Where texting, cell-phone chatting teens face limits

Sep 9, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chico Enterprise-Record

States considering legislation barring teenagers from using electronic devices while driving: States that have passed laws: Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, New Jersey, ... via Chico Enterprise-Record

Comments
1 - 20 of 22 Comments Last updated Aug 25, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
nyi nyi thant zin

Myanmar

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 7, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Greeting

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

nyi nyi thant zin wrote:
Greeting
greetings
The right is wrong

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Any type of cellphone use by ANYONE while driving should be treated the same as driving drunk or on drugs, period. That includes cops!
Progun

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The right is wrong wrote:
Any type of cellphone use by ANYONE while driving should be treated the same as driving drunk or on drugs, period. That includes cops!
You are a typical liberal America hating douche bag BUT... You are 100% correct on this one. It should also be a felony, in my judgement.
Local

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

The right is wrong wrote:
Any type of cellphone use by ANYONE while driving should be treated the same as driving drunk or on drugs, period. That includes cops!
We agree. Hey, that's once in a row!
However, only a moron like you would not know that something like that would be a public employee union negotiated item. It will be settled behind closed doors without any input from the general public.
You will hear about the results later......after it is decided by ..lol...others.
The right is wrong

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Local wrote:
<quoted text>
We agree. Hey, that's once in a row!
However, only a moron like you would not know that something like that would be a public employee union negotiated item. It will be settled behind closed doors without any input from the general public.
You will hear about the results later......after it is decided by ..lol...others.
As usual you are off the deep end!
Local

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

The right is wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual you are off the deep end!
really?...and you are an arsewhule....as usual.
California Vehicle Code Section 23123 (d). This section does not apply to an emergency services professional using a wireless telephone while operating an authorized emergency vehicle, as defined in Section 165, in the course and scope of his or her duties. This translates to, if the officer is using the phone for official business then this law applies.
The right is wrong

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Local wrote:
<quoted text>
really?...and you are an arsewhule....as usual.
California Vehicle Code Section 23123 (d). This section does not apply to an emergency services professional using a wireless telephone while operating an authorized emergency vehicle, as defined in Section 165, in the course and scope of his or her duties. This translates to, if the officer is using the phone for official business then this law applies.
O.K. moron! Where in the hell did you get the idea that the vehicle code is a union bargaining agreement? You did a bait and switch just like your but buddy one does.

And I know cops are exempt you idiot. All I said was that any one using a cell phone while driving should be treated as a drunk driver is treated. While I've had numerous instances of having to take evasive action to avoid having accidents with drivers who were talking n their cell phones, I've actually had an instance where I was nearly crowded off the roadway by a cop talking on his phone.

Maybe change the law to say a cop must have his emergency lights on while they're on their phone if the vehicle is moving?
Local

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The right is wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
O.K. moron! Where in the hell did you get the idea that the vehicle code is a union bargaining agreement? You did a bait and switch just like your but buddy one does.
And I know cops are exempt you idiot. All I said was that any one using a cell phone while driving should be treated as a drunk driver is treated. While I've had numerous instances of having to take evasive action to avoid having accidents with drivers who were talking n their cell phones, I've actually had an instance where I was nearly crowded off the roadway by a cop talking on his phone.
Maybe change the law to say a cop must have his emergency lights on while they're on their phone if the vehicle is moving?
lol
I like it when I prove what a moron you are.
Look at your first post(#5).You said...and I quote....
"Any type of cellphone use by ANYONE while driving should be treated the same as driving drunk or on drugs, period. That includes cops!" ????????

you are admitting your ignorance, yes?........and btw, it is up to you to prove it is not part of their contract.....arsewipe.

lmao.....police can use their cell phones whenever they feel the need...while they drive......dummy.....all they need say is that it was a necessary call......... part of their job description.....

bwwwwahahahahahahahaha
Local

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The right is wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe change the law to say a cop must have his emergency lights on while they're on their phone if the vehicle is moving?
I agree.
But you will not change sheiit. It will be talked about(negotiated) behind closed doors and we schmucks(the voting public) will have no input, nor will we be allowed to even know the justification for this kind of public employee union double standard.

Seems wrong, doesn't it?
Well guess what?......it is terribly wrong.
The right is wrong

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 21, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Local wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
I like it when I prove what a moron you are.
Look at your first post(#5).You said...and I quote....
"Any type of cellphone use by ANYONE while driving should be treated the same as driving drunk or on drugs, period. That includes cops!" ????????
you are admitting your ignorance, yes?........and btw, it is up to you to prove it is not part of their contract.....arsewipe.
lmao.....police can use their cell phones whenever they feel the need...while they drive......dummy.....all they need say is that it was a necessary call......... part of their job description.....
bwwwwahahahahahahahaha
Having comprehension problems again huh? Read my post again and read your quote of my post. Key word is "should"! I never said/implied that it’s against the law for cops to use cell phones while driving; I said it “SHOULD” be against the law.

And guess what moron, I've got over 40 years as an employee of the state and federal governments, been a union member for more than 35 of those years and never heard of unions writing/negotiating regulatory, civil or penal codes.

You made the absurd statement that unions negotiate laws through collective bargaining so it's up to you to back up your B.S.

Gawd you’re a moron!
Local

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Run forrest, run!

Muuahahahahahaha
The right is wrong

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Local wrote:
Run forrest, run!
Muuahahahahahaha
Another moronic post from loco ......
Local

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1



Public employee union shill,(road toad), complaining about public employee union double standards, gratuities, and gimmees ..........priceless.
The right is wrong

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Local wrote:
Public employee union shill,(road toad), complaining about public employee union double standards, gratuities, and gimmees ..........priceless.
Still waiting for your proof that public employee unions write and pass laws. And please post a link showing that I've complained about "public employee union double standards".
Local

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

The right is wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting for your proof that public employee unions write and pass laws. And please post a link showing that I've complained about "public employee union double standards".
Lmao. Next time a cop cuts you off while he is talking on his cell phone, chase him down and make a citizens arrest...lolololol
You did say that cops should follow the law, yes?
or are you flip flopping away from your original dumb statement? lmao

run, forrest, run!
Local

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

A Public employee union shill,(road toad), complaining about public employee union double standards, gratuities, and gimmees ..........priceless.
The right is wrong

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Local wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmao. Next time a cop cuts you off while he is talking on his cell phone, chase him down and make a citizens arrest...lolololol
You did say that cops should follow the law, yes?
or are you flip flopping away from your original dumb statement? lmao
run, forrest, run!
No and no.
Local

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Aug 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The right is wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
No and no.
awww c'mon road toad. Just admit that you (at least) spoke out of turn and I will letrgo......even though....... you were in fact just being the leftist whiney ignorant lil biyatch that you are!!!!!

MMMMMUUUUUUUahahahahahahahahah aha!!!

think before you type, you lil buttwipe
hey...that rhymes....lol
The right is wrong

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Aug 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Local wrote:
Public employee union shill,(road toad), complaining about public employee union double standards, gratuities, and gimmees ..........priceless.
Still waiting for your proof that public employee unions write and pass laws. And please post a link showing that I've complained about "public employee union double standards".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ashaway Discussions

Search the Ashaway Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Beatles For Sale: The Tribute coming to Westerly! May '14 New England Music Scene 1
Dennis Burkholder - Westerly Business (Jul '12) May '14 westaly hypocrites 16
Hopkinton Taxes Apr '14 disgruntled in Richmond 2
Going to the Dentist with Robertsdale Dental Feb '14 John Bond 1
Hopkinton plowing....problem .5 inches of snow (Jan '14) Jan '14 Catherine 1
man/child wimps recklessly speeding on west st... (Dec '11) Jan '14 carina 4
san go (Dec '13) Dec '13 san go 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Ashaway Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Ashaway People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Ashaway News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Ashaway
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••