Exclusive: Coast Guard rescues surfer...

Exclusive: Coast Guard rescues surfer off Matunuck Beach

There are 2 comments on the WPRI Providence and Rhode Island story from May 13, 2008, titled Exclusive: Coast Guard rescues surfer off Matunuck Beach. In it, WPRI Providence and Rhode Island reports that:

The Coast Guard had to be called in to rescue a surfer off of Matunuck Beach, who had been swept out to see on Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPRI Providence and Rhode Island.

duneman

Yantic, CT

#1 May 14, 2008
Actually its inexperience rather than the weather that causes problems like this. I have surfed for years in conditions much more grueling than yesterday and never had a problem, nor have the dozens of guys I regularly surf with. Problems develop when newbies paddles out into conditions beyond their abilities. They are dangerous both to themselves and everyone else in the water.
Flash

Westerly, RI

#2 May 31, 2008
I guess you were born expert? Most of the surfers there just watched it happen. She was rather close. I guess you'd be one of them that just watched...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashaway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
man/child wimps recklessly speeding on west st... (Dec '11) Jun '16 Shawn 76
News Westerly Schools Committee halts transgender rule (Oct '14) Mar '16 Sneaky Pete 6
Review: Hathaway's Guest Cottages (Aug '15) Aug '15 mnicoel 1
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Rhode Is... (Oct '10) Oct '10 Kathy 1
News Hopkinton rejects truck-stop plan (Jul '09) May '10 Jam 2
Debate: Health Care - Ashaway, RI (Nov '09) Nov '09 April 1
Rogeriee Thompson (Jun '09) Jun '09 MAX S 2

Ashaway Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashaway Mortgages