Sharp Co. officer resigns after racy ...

Sharp Co. officer resigns after racy photos found

There are 92 comments on the KAIT-TV Jonesboro story from Oct 27, 2012, titled Sharp Co. officer resigns after racy photos found. In it, KAIT-TV Jonesboro reports that:

ASH FLAT, Ark. - Sharp County Sheriff Mark Counts says a detective in the sheriff's office has resigned after sexually explicit photos of him were found on a county-owned cell phone.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KAIT-TV Jonesboro.

Pamela Guidry

United States

#21 Oct 31, 2012
Since everyone seems to think they know what they are talking about I felt the need to have a small say.
What my husband did was a very poor lack in Judgement. He is half to blame for all of this. The other half lies with the person that engaged in sexually expliced texting and encouraged the sending of the pictures. I know who she is.
I met with Mark to only get the facts about what he was aware of. That conversation was between just Mark and myself.
I feared after all was done that knowing Ken as I do he would harm himself. And if not by the grace of God I was correct.
So for all of you that have never made a mistake in your lives continue to talk.
For the news paper person that didn't bother to get all the facts you have done a great injustice to our family.
For the true friends that have rallied around us in this stressful time Bless you.
For the person that went out of her way to do this even though she was not the one the pictures were sent to you, the justice you thought you were seeking came at a very high price for not only Ken but our entire family. It wasn't justice it was revenge!
Ken did not break any law and if my heart is big enough to forgive him, maybe you can find just a small piece of yours to do the same.
Please try to remember all the GOOD things he has done for many of you as you attempt to belittle him.
I have no problem posting this with my name attached. I'm very embarrassed and humiliated but he is very sorry for the pain he has caused his children and myself. That alone is punishment enough.
May each of you reflect and find peace.
Pamela S. Guidry
JPD

Haslet, TX

#22 Oct 31, 2012
Pamela Guidry wrote:
Since everyone seems to think they know what they are talking about I felt the need to have a small say.
What my husband did was a very poor lack in Judgement. He is half to blame for all of this. The other half lies with the person that engaged in sexually expliced texting and encouraged the sending of the pictures. I know who she is.
I met with Mark to only get the facts about what he was aware of. That conversation was between just Mark and myself.
I feared after all was done that knowing Ken as I do he would harm himself. And if not by the grace of God I was correct.
So for all of you that have never made a mistake in your lives continue to talk.
For the news paper person that didn't bother to get all the facts you have done a great injustice to our family.
For the true friends that have rallied around us in this stressful time Bless you.
For the person that went out of her way to do this even though she was not the one the pictures were sent to you, the justice you thought you were seeking came at a very high price for not only Ken but our entire family. It wasn't justice it was revenge!
Ken did not break any law and if my heart is big enough to forgive him, maybe you can find just a small piece of yours to do the same.
Please try to remember all the GOOD things he has done for many of you as you attempt to belittle him.
I have no problem posting this with my name attached. I'm very embarrassed and humiliated but he is very sorry for the pain he has caused his children and myself. That alone is punishment enough.
May each of you reflect and find peace.
Pamela S. Guidry
WOW Yoir stupidity light is quiet blinding.
Backer

Mountain Home, AR

#23 Oct 31, 2012
JPD wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW Yoir stupidity light is quiet blinding.
Did you mean "your"?
Did you mean "quite"?
You do have the stupid part right there Mr. JPD.
Pam, Sharp County has your back, all the best to you and Ken, ignore the haters who cannot even spell. When their Mothers find out they are using the computer, they will get what they deserve.
Guest1

Oxford, AR

#24 Oct 31, 2012
Your a brave and honorable woman. We ALL have things in our lives that we are not proud of. For you to stand up here is admirable. You and your family will get through this. I wish you well.
Court

Haslet, TX

#25 Oct 31, 2012
I'm hate this for u Pam but u r supportive & defensive of your husbands behavior. Therefore u do not have the support of sharp county. Mark only wants u & ur husband with all ur issues to go away. You will b n my prayers
Too-bad-for-them

Mountain Home, AR

#26 Oct 31, 2012
Pam, hasn't he arrested people for doing the same kind of crime? How is it ok for him to do it, but not anyone else? He has broken a law. Sexting is illegal. Look it up. I hate it that this is happening to your family, but just because he WAS a law enforcement official, it does not give him the right to do this. He should have justice served on him just as he worked to have justice served on others
Bullchit

Mountain Home, AR

#27 Oct 31, 2012
Too-bad-for-them wrote:
Pam, hasn't he arrested people for doing the same kind of crime? How is it ok for him to do it, but not anyone else? He has broken a law. Sexting is illegal. Look it up. I hate it that this is happening to your family, but just because he WAS a law enforcement official, it does not give him the right to do this. He should have justice served on him just as he worked to have justice served on others
Confidential communications between a husband and wife are protected and under no circumstances illegal unless the the content is illegal and a picture of an UN-clothed adult male in not illegal, rather it is considered "art". Therefore transmitting an "art" image on a cellphone is as legal as can be. Check your facts dumb-ass. The statue of Michelangelo must also be illegal to photograph in your little corner of life.
sucks huh

Jonesboro, AR

#28 Oct 31, 2012
well i do feel for your pain, however i dont have much pity. Your husband just got caught finally...and there are others so dont be naive.. i have talked to others who were ex-inmates in which there was inappropriate texts and pictures sent. I have had my name drug through the paper also over and over for non-payment of fines arrests. This happens often to the what you might call "common irrelevant folk" .The supposed upstanding people in corrupt county like to put everyone elses misfortune on front page but never like it when their wrongdoing is publicized. Its like a sex-offender, they dont just commit one offense and get caught, this is not a lone occurence. As for not breaking the law...wow well if it helps to believe that then fine..there is a law prohibiting those in authority over others to commit sexual harrassment..I would consult an attorney and pay the retainer fee..I apologize to you mrs. Guidry it is not your fault, but what is shameful is to make excuses and claim he broke no laws... Your husband is not the only police officer to commit crimes and get away with it..for a while...
sucks huh

Jonesboro, AR

#29 Oct 31, 2012
One more thing, i find it interesting that as a police officer and investigator he was always trying to get people to talk but now i bet he wishes the others will just keep their mouths shut...See the irony...????
Belmar

Mountain Home, AR

#30 Oct 31, 2012
Sending tasteful artistic photos to your wife is not sexual harassment, your just jealous because pics of you with your clothes off would be a sin. Funny how the haters are also career criminals who have spent years dodging fines and jail. Ken is a good upstanding man and already has numerous offers of employment, something you have never enjoyed between your stints in jail. So sad when the meth bugs get to jumpin' and the Topix haters get to pumpin' but we all know you do. Oh and by the way, police officers don't commit crimes, they arrest the trash that does but then again, you knew that from experience. Have a blessed day.
What What

Jonesboro, AR

#31 Oct 31, 2012
Belmar, you really have no idea of what the hell you are talking about...you think he resigned because they were photos of his wife...Yea smartass career criminal...see how your mentality is...just like all the ones in denial..everyone else is a criminal..it will come all the way out you can bet on that..i know someone who has pictures of his genitalia saved to her email.cant give you names because you and your lynch mob would crucify her in the name of protecting your own..FYI its traffic tickets and when there is no work in that depraved area, you tend to fall behind on..after your name is in the paper noone will hire you...Lets see if the good upstanding man ken can find work after this in that area..He ll have to leave because the community will never forgive him...So put all your defense mechanisms in effect and sugar-coat what he did..I guess Coach Patrino was just giving the intern a ride on his motorcycle..and im sure it was the first time he ever had any inappropriate interactions until that single day..I lived there my whole life..There are a few more who have a history of doing the same thing..I suppose The Jailor Cory Bobo was innocent too..It will come out.
bever
#32 Oct 31, 2012
Jackson wrote:
It's all over the news, I read it on:
http://www.imbodenlive.com/2012/10/27/sharp-c...
the pervert should go to jail!!he whas the pic to young girls..
bever
#33 Oct 31, 2012
he sent the pic to a young girl like daved huff when he got cought...
Court

Haslet, TX

#34 Oct 31, 2012
What What wrote:
Belmar, you really have no idea of what the hell you are talking about...you think he resigned because they were photos of his wife...Yea smartass career criminal...see how your mentality is...just like all the ones in denial..everyone else is a criminal..it will come all the way out you can bet on that..i know someone who has pictures of his genitalia saved to her email.cant give you names because you and your lynch mob would crucify her in the name of protecting your own..FYI its traffic tickets and when there is no work in that depraved area, you tend to fall behind on..after your name is in the paper noone will hire you...Lets see if the good upstanding man ken can find work after this in that area..He ll have to leave because the community will never forgive him...So put all your defense mechanisms in effect and sugar-coat what he did..I guess Coach Patrino was just giving the intern a ride on his motorcycle..and im sure it was the first time he ever had any inappropriate interactions until that single day..I lived there my whole life..There are a few more who have a history of doing the same thing..I suppose The Jailor Cory Bobo was innocent too..It will come out.
PERFECTLY STATED! Thank u what what
Johnsred

United States

#35 Nov 1, 2012
Ken sent one pic to his wife who showed it to others. No crime there, he resigned to save the county from any issues and is already working again. You local druggies and law breakers, disability mutts and welfare turds love it when someone who has put generations of your white trash "been here all my life" family in the pokey gets in trouble. But, no trouble here other then for you as the law will keep on serving the good and locking up those who "tend to fall behind" and must resort to breaking the law to feed their habit. It's amazing the white trash that has come shinning through in this post but of all the statements made here none is more true then the one that said Ken is a good man.
Too-bad-for-them

Mountain Home, AR

#36 Nov 1, 2012
Johnsred, please look back at Pam's post. She plainly states that it was sent to another female. It also states it was made public for "revenge". Why would Pam show the picture to someone for revenge? He is no better than the other people of the sheriffs office. Everyone down there is sleeping with someone other than their spouse. It is all corrupt and crooked. Ken Guidry misused a county cell phone and deserves to be punished. How would u like it if your spouse, if u have one, was receiving that kind of photos from a law enforcement official? You would want him/her prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. We need to stop standing up for this idiot and push for him to be prosecuted just as he did when he was "working". Or should I say when he was sexting other females that are no longer employed by the sharp county sheriffs office as a 911 coordinator.
Confused

Mountain Home, AR

#37 Nov 1, 2012
Pam was confused and clearly mis-stated the facts. The truth has come out and Ken is free from all guilt and no charges shall ever be brought. His career in public service is unblemished and he shall continue serving the public in the capacity in which he was first intrusted. Watch your backs all you pill popping, bug scratching, welfare cheating scumbags, Ken is on the job and the good people of his community shall once again be safe. Thank you Jesus.
Ummm

United States

#38 Nov 1, 2012
First off, what ken did was not illegal. No way, shape, or form. Sexting, is illegal? Show me the statute on that please. Second, lets not forget this was a private matter between a husband and wife. There is no statute for misuse of country cell phone. Just rules on it. He probably broke a rule..Third, this became public when Pam decided to become a vindictive bitch and include his boss. Why didn't you keep this matter between you and him Pam? You were mad decided to tell his boss to get him in trouble and this is where it lead. You're to blame for 95% of this. If you wanted a divorce, go file for one. But instead you pulled a typical mad woman stunt and went to his boss in an attempt to get him fired and humiliated. Good job you succeeded. Now that a little time has passed you're feeling bad about it but you're to blame. We support ken. Nobody supports you. You're a cranky, rude, obnoxious woman. You caused this to your husband who spent all these years with you. Maybe if you paid a little more attention to him instead of being a smug bitch he wouldn't have to get pictures from others. Way to go on making this public, Pam. You've done your family a great justice. Stupid *****

“Avatar”

Since: Oct 09

This one

#39 Nov 1, 2012
Ummm wrote:
First off, what ken did was not illegal. No way, shape, or form. Sexting, is illegal? Show me the statute on that please. Second, lets not forget this was a private matter between a husband and wife. There is no statute for misuse of country cell phone. Just rules on it. He probably broke a rule..Third, this became public when Pam decided to become a vindictive bitch and include his boss. Why didn't you keep this matter between you and him Pam? You were mad decided to tell his boss to get him in trouble and this is where it lead. You're to blame for 95% of this. If you wanted a divorce, go file for one. But instead you pulled a typical mad woman stunt and went to his boss in an attempt to get him fired and humiliated. Good job you succeeded. Now that a little time has passed you're feeling bad about it but you're to blame. We support ken. Nobody supports you. You're a cranky, rude, obnoxious woman. You caused this to your husband who spent all these years with you. Maybe if you paid a little more attention to him instead of being a smug bitch he wouldn't have to get pictures from others. Way to go on making this public, Pam. You've done your family a great justice. Stupid *****
Agreed! this is the problem people want to make something out of nothing every time. Especially if its the Police.. Guess what people the police will always be around to still do the crap you can't and to fix problems you idiots self create... I would like to say that Ken is a DAMN good police officer and he knows his job well. OMG he sent a pic WHO the hell hasn't???? I want all of you negative posters to go jump off something really high in the air for all of us Please do this......... I will pray for the losers that "believe" they actually accomplish something by posting trash on here..... I hate you all and now I am off to my phone where I will send my women some pics...... HAHA LOSERS!!!!
Mouse Mover

Mountain Home, AR

#40 Nov 2, 2012
Ummm wrote:
Well you seem to know a lot about this! Are you the other woman?
Did you think by sending the pictures to Pam that she would divorce Ken and you could slide right in to her place?
And are you telling us you sent nude pictures to Ken?

Your like the person that shoots and kills someone and then wants to lay blame on the gun.

Blame Pam for what Ken did and is responsible for.
Ken sent the pictures, Ken used his county phone, Ken cheated on his wife, Ken, Ken, Ken.

Pam has elected to stand my him.
I think that says what kind of Bitch she is? Really!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ash Flat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 3 min guest 32,668
tow boater (Jun '11) 9 hr popo Yucko 178
Autism 21 hr Jynx 5
Meth head Sat Mean girls suck 9
David "Adam" Craig Sat Sick_of_it 1
Sharp county arrests (Dec '11) Sat pitbull1997 7
arson in ozark acres Sat pitbull1997 1

Ash Flat Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance