ash flat citizen

Mountain Home, AR

#1 Aug 8, 2010
Who else is running?

“I'd rather be Riding”

Since: Nov 09

On the Farm

#2 Aug 9, 2010
The Jonesboro Sun has an article about the Mayor's race in Ash Flat.

Someone tell Kelly I noticed his sign across from the post office and it looks great!

Good luck to Kelly.
DLK

United States

#3 Aug 10, 2010
When he said he was running, I thought he was joking at first, then realized he was serious.

Good for him, I wish him luck. He seems to have slowed down in life a little lately.

Just as long as he still has time to cut hair!
whatareyouthinki n

Bexar, AR

#4 Aug 14, 2010
Seriously?? This dork for mayor, oh yeah that is just what we need. His sign looks as goofy as he always does.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Ash Flat is my home

Pineville, AR

#5 Aug 15, 2010
He can put one of those signs in my yard cause he has my vote

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
VETERAN

Pineville, AR

#6 Aug 15, 2010
Kelly cuts my hair and I think he will do a fine job as a mayor. He is also a fellow Vet, good luck to him

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
ash flat resident

Mountain Home, AR

#7 Aug 16, 2010
realy?????
Affd

Bexar, AR

#8 Aug 17, 2010
I am going to vote for him too. He is a nice man and would do a great job!

Good Going Kelly!!!!!!!!!!
jfbkljfbf

Mountain Home, AR

#9 Aug 20, 2010
He parties way to much for my vote
Kelly Newcom

United States

#10 Aug 20, 2010
I would like to take a minute and thank everyone for their support lately, I had no idea I would receive this much. Thanks for the email, phone calls, personal visits at the shop, and everything else you have all done to give me encouragement and support. I realize that as the next mayor of Ash Flat, it will not be an easy task, however I will do the very best to lead our city and community into the future. I am bringing several years of management, customer relations, military, and other life expiriences to the position and promise to do the best job I can for you. Some folks beleive I won't take it serious, well i have news for them... Every night when the day is over and I look at my kids and grandkids (as well as all of yours though out the day), and I think about their future, I think it's all very serious. There are some that claim I look at it as "It's only the mayor of Ash Flat, how hard could it be?" Well, my only statement resembling that is one I have stated when people start telling me how dirty the race will be. My reply to them is, "Why would it be dirty, It's not like I am running for president, It's just the mayor race for ash Flat" But people can turn things into what they want to suit their purpose. Just remeber, If someone tells you they don't want me as the next mayor, then ask them why? Think about their motives, and then ask me about it, I will not lie. All of you outside the city, but have interest in it by owning a business, property, or have family in it, then i care what you have to say also. Feel free to contact me at anytime. I will be coming around and visiting everyone soon. P.S. If you want a yard sign put up and you have a place to put it in the city, holler at me, I have plenty of them to go round, and can always have more printed.:) That goes out to whoever has been breaking them down... I love you all, thanks again! Oh yea, I quit drinking, smoking, and anything else you could talk bad about a year ago. I have learned in the past it is pointless to try to argue with people on these forums, so I won't be posting again, thanks everyone for your time.
VETERAN

Bexar, AR

#12 Aug 22, 2010
So typical of some people who post on here to say things like that. Why don't you go ask him and see what he has to say? He said anyone is free to ask him anything, I am sure he will give you an answer.
VETERAN

Bexar, AR

#13 Aug 22, 2010
Oh, and be real about it, let him know you were the one who posted it on here.

Bexar, AR

#14 Aug 22, 2010
I know Kelly personally, and he has my vote because he is a very descent man as well as a good father, grandson, American, friend, and he treats everyone like Christ would want him to, with care and compassion. He always has a smile for everyone and treats everyone as if they were his friend. I cannot beleive the depth that some people will sink to on these forums. I agree with VETERAN, go and ask him this question, I hope your name is really Tiffany and you are a woman, cause I know he wouldn't hurt a woman. Even if you were a man, he would probally forgive you if you asked for forgivness and treat you with the same smile and care he gives everyone because that is the type of man he is.
Informant

United States

#15 Aug 23, 2010
Do you think we had water during the ice storm when noone else did and all the elderly had to be moved to Ashflat because we were lucky? It was because Mayor Traw was on top of things!!!!! aslo the city has money again finally he stopped the waste.
haha

United States

#19 Aug 23, 2010
Ok danny having a budget for the city WTH he griped over having to pay 40 bucks for tires with the rest a donation for one of the police cars he does not let the fire or police chief do their job that they were hired to do if the city has money whey didnt he buy the cops chargers instead of out dated crown vic's the guy dont even tip when he eats at a business in ash flat. he wants to put a damn road thru ash flat taking away a landmark like the ash flat dairy freeze yeah hes really a good mayor. the fire chief has to use his own personal vehicle to go for inspections. Danny Traw is not all there not sociable and could care less about the city of ASH FLAT or the people that live there or work there too many good ole boys running the farm Kelly you have my vote if you dont become like them pocket fatteners millions of dollars of tax revnue from wal mart and other businesess's going into the city hmmmmmmmm wonder where all that money is going can you answer that Danny?
Ash flatter

United States

#20 Aug 23, 2010
The ash flat dairy bar IS NOT a Landmark And THE POLICE and the FIREchief we do not want the police wrecking new cars when they had new ones they forGOT to check the oil and burned two up! Great run for mayor has started jason whitrow entered race today.
mouse

United States

#22 Aug 23, 2010
dumbass do you know about cityand co gov. the power is not in the mayor the council holds the power on nrw or used cars and ashflats council said nomore new ones and ask the council where the money THEY KNOW THAT IS THEIR JOB
IL Duce

United States

#23 Aug 23, 2010
Listen to you people fight and argue over whos going to be mayor. Half of you cant spell or make sense of what you are talking about. Lets face it it's the good ole boy system in sharp county it always wins you have a fixed primary election for sheriff and I am sure the general elections will be the same Jim Estes will not win for sheriff Kelly newcom will not win as mayor and the crooked little county will keep its good ole boys Mark cant wind a wrist watch. and Danny you get more conversation out of a fence post. and who in the hell is jason whitlow. So you all enjoy Charles Lander's Sheriff's Department we all know it wont be Mark. and you enjoy another 4 years of crap from Danny Traw. As for the police cars Jonesboro city works takes care of the vehicles for the police and services them. not the police and the mayor and city council work together as one. So heres my soulution to the mess Dig a big pit Grab a club and knock out every asshole that is in office grab a bag of lime and bury them alive problem solved.
much needed

Stuttgart, AR

#24 Aug 23, 2010
Hahaha, I need such a laugh to put myself in a great nights rest, Thanks. I'm with Duce... Who is Jason Whitlow?
smiles

United States

#25 Aug 24, 2010
Love it or Leave it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ash Flat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr guest 32,641
Meth head 2 hr Get your life tog... 7
Horseshoe Bend is not a town for good folks (May '14) Thu Taxpayer 22
why teen girls are sucking there thumbs in school (Jan '09) Thu Now_What- 32
Ivey's automotive (Aug '10) Thu Kim 25
amber Goodwin Nov 29 Jrntay 14
Ann Ladd's Puppies (Nov '13) Nov 29 rick gibson 17

Ash Flat Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance