Gay marriage could be on CO ballots

Jul 14, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Vail Daily News

A constitutional amendment to repeal Colorado's gay marriage ban and replace it with language saying marriage is allowed regardless of sex could be headed to the 2012 ballot.

Comments
601 - 618 of 618 Comments Last updated Sep 11, 2012
First Prev
of 31
Next Last

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

TomInElPaso wrote:
a liar is a liar.
You make statements you cannot prove. Youre a liar and nothing but a shell of a man who thinks they can ignore our laws an the constitution of our nation.
You should be ashamed of your cowardly behavior.
There is nothing to argue about. Marriage equality will soon be the law of the LAN and you'll continue acting the fool. That's what cowards do.
End of conversation.
<quoted text>
LOL… Wow… I understand the constitution. You are more than able to marry in all states all the time if you marry someone of the opposite sex. Because you choose different you have effectively removed yourself from the definition of marriage. Marriage is between a man and a woman, that’s what it is, has been and, will always be… even though you say “Marriage equality will soon be the law of the LAN” You will still be drastically different, and you will say you are married and the truth is you will be “same-sex” married… There is nothing about that which is equal.

From where I sit YOU are the coward, unwilling to accept you for who you are.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Lack of legal recognition creates insecurity, and insecurity can affect a relationship. For instance, assets accumulated together belong to one or the other, not the couple. So one member of the partnership could be left with nothing in the event of the death of a partner or a break up. If one got too sick to make decisions for himself, the other could be shut out (and have their property appropriated) by the family.
You have yet to explain how creating an unnecessary distinction enhances the well-being of everyone else enough to warrant the denial of equality.
Define your relationship and get legal rights. Civil Unions are appropriate.

“Live and let live”

Since: Apr 08

New Orleans

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Still doesn’t take from your relationship even if you chose to move to a non gay marrying state?
All the more reason to advocate for yourself.
Civil Unions are Appropriate.
I am speaking from a position concerning practicality. In CO, if one of us dies or becomes disabled, the other can inherit from the other without an extraordinary tax bill from the state. We can also medical decisions on each others' behalf. Just by crossing state lines we loose those rights. It could even be a problem if we were vacationing.

On that matter, these kinds of problems highlight why section 3 of DOMA is unconstitutional according to the 10th Amendment. Any other contract issued in one state is valid in another. In the case of Louisiana, even contract between us that has nothing to do with a civil union or marriage might be declared void according to the Louisiana constitution for conferring any rights equivalent to marriage upon what state considers to be unmarried couples. That is actually in the LA constitution.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

Josh in New Orleans wrote:
<quoted text>
I am speaking from a position concerning practicality. In CO, if one of us dies or becomes disabled, the other can inherit from the other without an extraordinary tax bill from the state. We can also medical decisions on each others' behalf. Just by crossing state lines we loose those rights. It could even be a problem if we were vacationing.
On that matter, these kinds of problems highlight why section 3 of DOMA is unconstitutional according to the 10th Amendment. Any other contract issued in one state is valid in another. In the case of Louisiana, even contract between us that has nothing to do with a civil union or marriage might be declared void according to the Louisiana constitution for conferring any rights equivalent to marriage upon what state considers to be unmarried couples. That is actually in the LA constitution.
So therefore what?

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Define your relationship and get legal rights. Civil Unions are appropriate.
You have yet to explain how that newfangled institution helps anyone when we can just treat everyone the same under the law. Everything is much simpler that way.

Why do you always have to make things so unnecessarily complicated?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
You have yet to explain how that newfangled institution helps anyone when we can just treat everyone the same under the law. Everything is much simpler that way.
Why do you always have to make things so unnecessarily complicated?
Obviously it isn’t “much simpler that way.” or it would be done already.

This entire thread I have pointed to the fundamental differences between the two relationships and because of these differences it’s appropriate to define the gay relationships for what they are and allowing the definition of marriage to remain.

There is nothing simpler than that.

My feeling is you have a deep motivation as to why you want to allow “gay” marriage, but you are not honest enough to say.

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously it isn’t “much simpler that way.” or it would be done already.
This entire thread I have pointed to the fundamental differences between the two relationships and because of these differences it’s appropriate to define the gay relationships for what they are and allowing the definition of marriage to remain.
There is nothing simpler than that.
My feeling is you have a deep motivation as to why you want to allow “gay” marriage, but you are not honest enough to say.
Indeed, I am deeply motivated to promote marriage equality. How could you possibly question that at this point?(You always amaze me with your obtuseness!) And the reason has been stated over and again by all of us: Equality is equality. Different is different. We are equal.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

He has no points to make at this point other than his parrot like responses.

He has presented a number of points which have been refuted reasonably then refuses to provide anything that backs up what he says. Instead he makes some half baked commentary as an attempt to deflect. He reminds me of a debater who loses each match but keeps going to the game regardless.

An empty suit is just that, empty.

Equal marriage will win the day regardless.
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, I am deeply motivated to promote marriage equality. How could you possibly question that at this point?(You always amaze me with your obtuseness!) And the reason has been stated over and again by all of us: Equality is equality. Different is different. We are equal.

“Live and let live”

New Orleans

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
So therefore what?
If states are going to opt for different definitions of marriage or civil unions, then each state needs to honor those contracts issued by the other. The way it is now violates the 10th Amendment of US Constitution.

“Live and let live”

New Orleans

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
So therefore what?
And therefore I am tactically banned from ever re-establishing a life in Louisiana again, the place I grew up, should I continue to be in love and want to build my life there together with him. It wouldn't be a wise decision for financial reasons.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for when it’s not. A man-woman relationship is not the same as A “gay” relationship.
The relationship you hold is far from equal.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

TomInElPaso wrote:
He has no points to make at this point other than his parrot like responses.
He has presented a number of points which have been refuted reasonably then refuses to provide anything that backs up what he says. Instead he makes some half baked commentary as an attempt to deflect. He reminds me of a debater who loses each match but keeps going to the game regardless.
An empty suit is just that, empty.
Equal marriage will win the day regardless.
<quoted text>
Only one point which you chose to deny. That’s on you.
“Equal marriage” as you call it, can’t exist because of nature…Just like a gay man is a gay man… NOT straight.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

<quoted text>
And therefore I am tactically banned from ever re-establishing a life in Louisiana again, the place I grew up, should I continue to be in love and want to build my life there together with him. It wouldn't be a wise decision for financial reasons.
You are not “banned” from anything and you could live anywhere you want with whoever you want.

“Live and let live”

New Orleans

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not “banned” from anything and you could live anywhere you want with whoever you want.
Will you please stop ignoring and deflecting every single statement I make?! I KNOW AM AM NOT FN BANNED FROM MOVING TO ANY STATE YOU STUPID INSULTING IDIOT! LISTEN TO WHAT I AM ACTUALLY TELLING YOU! I SAID "TACTICALLY BANNED"... not the same thing you purported I just said...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

<quoted text>
Will you please stop ignoring and deflecting every single statement I make?! I KNOW AM AM NOT FN BANNED FROM MOVING TO ANY STATE YOU STUPID INSULTING IDIOT! LISTEN TO WHAT I AM ACTUALLY TELLING YOU! I SAID "TACTICALLY BANNED"... not the same thing you purported I just said...
Dude... You're seriously making this too hard.
If you would advocate for yourself you would get much further.

God bless you.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

He won't as long as there is any Troll food spilled on the ground. Like stupid deer at a feeding stand he will come back for every grain of corn.
<quoted text>

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

Judged:

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for when it’s not. A man-woman relationship is not the same as A “gay” relationship.
The relationship you hold is far from equal.
But you have never explained how they are different. You have never explained how a same-sex relationship varies more from an opposite-sex relationship than opposite-sex relationships vary from each other.

You can't. Because they don't.

“Live and let live”

New Orleans

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

Judged:

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude... You're seriously making this too hard.
If you would advocate for yourself you would get much further.
God bless you.
Screw you, you obviously don't give a rats-ass about the problems gay couples face because government discriminates- civil unions or not. What I was trying to tell you is that some states like my home state afford absolutely ZERO rights to gay couples. There are not even loopholes. In Louisiana, if ANY rights are afforded to a gay couple, whether by utilizing a loophole, or whatnot, those rights are void. Propose we were vacationing there for Mardi Gras and one of us is gravely injured... guess what? The other has no right to make medical decisions on behalf the other. If it were my husband, they'd have to call his Mormon family in Utah to make any decisions. These are the consequences of policies that you support. Couples are automatically disenfranchised of any rights any state has granted merely by crossing state lines.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 31
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flash Flood Watch for Jefferson County was issued at July 29 at 1:52PM MDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Arvada Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Arvada People Search