Lakewood police arrest victim's boyfriend in homicide case

Jul 27, 2012 Full story: Denver Post 114

The Lakewood Police Department arrested Corey Anthony Lopez Thursday night on suspicion of first-degree murder and domestic violence in a case involving his girlfriend.

Full Story
Court Watcher

Boulder, CO

#42 Mar 14, 2013
xoxoxo wrote:
my son corey lopez is the most loving and caring young man you will ever meet. People talk about others that will give you there shirt off there back, My son corey will give you the most gift in life! His love, his heart, and every penny in his pocket.He will do everything he can to make life better for anyone he can.He has the biggest heart i"ve ever seen. Love Momma xoxoxo
Sorry, Momma. How do you feel now when you sit in court and listen to how your son liked to have sex with women by using his biting and strangling as "fun"? Does it make chills run up your back to realize that this is how your son really behaves with women?

And how do you think that Richelle's momma feels hearing that your "caring" son liked to have sex with Richelle by biting and strangling her? Have you once gone up to Richelle's momma and given her a hug?

Show that you are a true caring family and show some care and kindness to Richelle's momma and poppa.
Court Watcher

Boulder, CO

#43 Jun 12, 2013
Tomorrow ... June13, 2013 ... finally the trial begins in the case of Corey Lopez murdering Richelle Best. Enough of the dozens of "motions hearings" brought by the sleeze bag Public Defenders who are wasting tax payer money. Ten day trial scheduled to hear the monotonous plea of this dirt bag who claims that he likes to have sex with women by choking and biting them .. but that he is "innocent" and Richelle died by accident?

Who will be there??
angel

Idaho Springs, CO

#44 Jun 24, 2013
Susan wrote:
Richelle was the most loving caring young lady ... she cared more for others than she did herself. She had just turned 21 her whole life ahead of her. In a moment she was murdered and her life stolen from her and us. How fragile she was. Praying peace for her family! And God will get revenge! RIP our sweet angel!!
nobody ever talked about how corey was constantly being harrased by rochelles brother and his buddy who was her ex! not to mention several other friens and family members of rochelle. her brother woould bring her ex around corey to torment him ! why didnt they mention that!
angel

Idaho Springs, CO

#45 Jun 24, 2013
Why wasn't it mentioned how corey was constantly being harrased and jumped by rochelle's brother and ex boyfriend,before her death,when her and corey were living together? Not to mention other times he was harrased by her friends and other family members. They didnt like it when he would have to go rescue her from the bar ,because she was all drunk and sick! from another night of partying with her ma ma and so called friends! corey drank with her to,however, he still loved her and looked out for her. Her brother and ex, obviously didnt care about rochelle too much!
seeking truth

Idaho Springs, CO

#46 Jun 24, 2013
Court Watcher wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Momma. How do you feel now when you sit in court and listen to how your son liked to have sex with women by using his biting and strangling as "fun"? Does it make chills run up your back to realize that this is how your son really behaves with women?
And how do you think that Richelle's momma feels hearing that your "caring" son liked to have sex with Richelle by biting and strangling her? Have you once gone up to Richelle's momma and given her a hug?
Show that you are a true caring family and show some care and kindness to Richelle's momma and poppa.
who are you to judge a mothers love for her child anyway!or make accusations about something you dont know shit about!
Court Watcher

Boulder, CO

#47 Jun 24, 2013
1. Corey's defense team is using the "rough sex" as an excuse as to why/how Richelle "accidentally" died. This isn't an accusation .. it's his own slimy defense team claiming this. So it's ok for a guy to use "rough sex" and choke a girl to death ... oh wait, it was an accident because he was drunk.

2. Poor Corey. Getting picked on by Richelle's family and her ex? Richelle treated everyone with kindness .. even her exes .. and didn't allow friends to exclude other friends. So why did Corey's friends follow an innocent family home from Blackhawk ... because they chose to wear a Richelle memorial tshirt? Oh wait, Corey and his friends were so sweet and innocent. Oh wait, Richelle's family and friends had to have court escorts because of how much they got harrassed at court. Poor Corey.

3. And the feeble excuse that Richelle and Corey were drunk and had rough sex .. which is why she died? Hmmm ... forgot to mention how Richelle tried to leave the night before .. and Corey .. mr drunk butt .. followed them back to her house where she hid. He was so pissed that he broke the window out of his truck ... but wait ... I guess I don't know shit. Just because the police have photos of him from the night before where he busted the truck window out in a drunken rage. Guess that was Richelle's fault and the fault of her friends for trying to hide her from this sweet guy who only wanted to help her.
GodLoves

Denver, CO

#48 Jun 24, 2013
This is so very sad. Thank you to all the TRULY BRAVE people who stood up against the face of this horrific violence, regardless of Mr. Lopez and his friends' disgusting, threatening, and harassing behavior. Justice for sweet Rochelle.
Court Watcher

Denver, CO

#49 Jun 26, 2013
Final verdict: GUILTY on all charges, 1st degree murder. Rot in jail, Corey Anthony Lopez
justice has been served

United States

#50 Jun 27, 2013
Are you freaken kidding me? Corey deserved everything he got for being a psyco possesive wife beater. You are seriously blind! Poor corey? Did you not see what happened to his girlfriend? Someone he loves soo much. He bashed her face in tortered her and beat her to death. What a great guy huh? Ha he will spend the rest of his pathetic life in jail and one can only hope he feels the pain he put on Richelle and her family. Your just as sick and ugly like him. I dont know where you get your information but you should check yourself! GUILTY ON ALL CHARGER! you can fool the people sometime but you cant fool the people all the time!
angel wrote:
Why wasn't it mentioned how corey was constantly being harrased and jumped by rochelle's brother and ex boyfriend,before her death,when her and corey were living together? Not to mention other times he was harrased by her friends and other family members. They didnt like it when he would have to go rescue her from the bar ,because she was all drunk and sick! from another night of partying with her ma ma and so called friends! corey drank with her to,however, he still loved her and looked out for her. Her brother and ex, obviously didnt care about rochelle too much!
power to the people

United States

#51 Jun 27, 2013
Ahahahahahahahahaha.. are you kidding me? Dont act like you even know a bit of truth.. poor poor corey still to the end you think he is innocent. Wow well he sure fooled you but he sure as hell didnt fool the jury. They saw straight through his lies and all the laughing and smiling he did. You think its funny that a beautiful girl was murdered? He aint laughing now but we are. Justice has been served and he is where he belongs. He cant ever hurt another woman. Thank God!.. So believe what ever you like but the truth has been revealed and your soo called sweet corey is gone forever.. now you know how it feels..
angel wrote:
<quoted text> nobody ever talked about how corey was constantly being harrased by rochelles brother and his buddy who was her ex! not to mention several other friens and family members of rochelle. her brother woould bring her ex around corey to torment him ! why didnt they mention that!
Justice League

Denver, CO

#52 Jun 28, 2013
Corey - way to go. This beautiful girl trusted you .. well, for a few months. And you betrayed her trust by biting, choking, and having rough sex ... ultimately taking her life.

Now, with the jury verdict of "first degree murder", Colorado's automatic sentencing that the judge must abide to is only the following two choices:(1) death, or (2) life imprisonment without the possibility of parole. Reference Colorado Statute 18-3-102.

With our current governor, he won't get the death sentence. So he'll rot in Canon City for the REST of his life.
Devastated

United States

#53 Jun 28, 2013
Alcohol and bad judgments took two young innocent lives. Richelles family and friends like to think this was all Coreys fault but there were two people in this and she was not some sweet innocent child. If anything she made worse judgments than he did and her family sure as hell didnt care that she was a major alcoholic and they did nothing to help it. I wish with all my heart that he would have gone home and went to bed that night but I can't make decisions for people. I know that this is not over and he will not spend the rest of his life in prison. We will appeal and I personally will fight as long as it takes to free the boy I know and love. I have two messages. One for the heinous people who were on the other side when the verdict was read. How despicable you people are to cheer and clap, you should be ashamed of yourselves. And to Sammy if your reading this, you can GO FUCK YOURSELF! Your a lying bitch and im sad that we ever accepted you as part of our family. You're scum and I hope you feel like the worst person on earth. That's all.
cry me a river

Salt Lake City, UT

#54 Jun 28, 2013
Ahahahahahahahaha! Ahahahahahahhaha! Ahahahaha!! You can "GO FUCK YOURSELF" "DEVESTATED"! You're just as fucking stupid as your boy corey if you believe for a second that a Judge would agree to re-hear this case! Did you not hear, it only took the Jury half a day of diliberation, they knew from the second they saw that pathetic piece of shit laughing in the court room that he was GUILTY! He cried more for himself than he did Richelle! Who's laughing now bitch! Corey told police they came home and fell asleep. Let me share something with you, since I know you weren't in the court room, evidence showed how Richelle looked hours before her death, they were able to do that because she took pictures with her family and friend before psyco showed up. Evidence showed Corey's apartment in imaculate condition, then they showed Richelle's face, head, and neck beat to hell. You can see the defense wounds on her neck where she tried to fight for her life, and she lost that fight. She had over 40 inguries, you sick fuck! You can go visit your boy when ever visiting hours allow you. We will never see Richelle again.
Devastated wrote:
Alcohol and bad judgments took two young innocent lives. Richelles family and friends like to think this was all Coreys fault but there were two people in this and she was not some sweet innocent child. If anything she made worse judgments than he did and her family sure as hell didnt care that she was a major alcoholic and they did nothing to help it. I wish with all my heart that he would have gone home and went to bed that night but I can't make decisions for people. I know that this is not over and he will not spend the rest of his life in prison. We will appeal and I personally will fight as long as it takes to free the boy I know and love. I have two messages. One for the heinous people who were on the other side when the verdict was read. How despicable you people are to cheer and clap, you should be ashamed of yourselves. And to Sammy if your reading this, you can GO FUCK YOURSELF! Your a lying bitch and im sad that we ever accepted you as part of our family. You're scum and I hope you feel like the worst person on earth. That's all.
cry me a river

Salt Lake City, UT

#55 Jun 28, 2013
Wow is all i have to say you dumb piece of shit. Y ou honestly think his ex would make this up after hearing it on the news without even knowing the cause of death?. I know who you are and you disgust me. Corey brutaly murded and abused Richelle. Sammy was the best part of this and its too bad your soo ignorant to the truth and facts even though you where there through it all. You make me sick! Of course they clapped and where happy. Its been almost a whole year since this disgusting excuse for a human took Richelles life. Did you not see what he did to her? Who gives a rats ass if she drank or enjoyed herself. She or her family didnt kill anyone now did they? You honestly think with all the evidence and facts that she just fell and killed herself? Choking and punching herself?. Smashing her own face into his broken windshield? Seriously are you that blind and stupid? Twelve jury men saw right through his sick ways and you still believe he is innocent?. May god have mercy on your soul.. You can blast and talk shit about the ex and family hut we got what was deserved and you can go fuck yourself! Corey and your family are all the same, losers. Try to appeal..haha seriously that shit ain't happening. Are you that dumb and pathetic? JUSTICE HAS BEEN SERVED!! SO DEAL WITH IT!!!
Devastated wrote:
Alcohol and bad judgments took two young innocent lives. Richelles family and friends like to think this was all Coreys fault but there were two people in this and she was not some sweet innocent child. If anything she made worse judgments than he did and her family sure as hell didnt care that she was a major alcoholic and they did nothing to help it. I wish with all my heart that he would have gone home and went to bed that night but I can't make decisions for people. I know that this is not over and he will not spend the rest of his life in prison. We will appeal and I personally will fight as long as it takes to free the boy I know and love. I have two messages. One for the heinous people who were on the other side when the verdict was read. How despicable you people are to cheer and clap, you should be ashamed of yourselves. And to Sammy if your reading this, you can GO FUCK YOURSELF! Your a lying bitch and im sad that we ever accepted you as part of our family. You're scum and I hope you feel like the worst person on earth. That's all.
AreYouKiddingMe

Denver, CO

#56 Jun 29, 2013
Devastated, you are a class "A" idiot. You have no idea how corey treated women behind closed doors. I knew him and his anger towards women was insane. Sure, he was sweet and kind to women on a superficial level, but to the women he was intimately involved with, he was a monster. I SAW IT. QUIT BEING A DUMB BLIND FOOL AND QUIT BLAMING THE VICTIMS. You should be ashamed of yourself and your itty bitty Neanderthal brain.
SPEAKING THE TRUTH

Denver, CO

#57 Jun 29, 2013
Who the hell are you to call Sammy a liar? Were you there through any of the abuse that she went through during her relationship with Corey? No. I know Sammy very well and when she first left him she literally had to hide from him.. She told me horror stories of things that went on during her relationship with your precious Corey.. He puts on this act like he is such a gentleman and so kind, but the women that he is involved with its a whole other story.. He wouldnt allow Sammy to do anything without him, and if she did, she would pay the price.. To address her in your comment (devastated) was incredibly ignorant.. You dont know what she went through and what she STILL goes through because of Corey.. She has PTSD for Christ sake.. she was way different before him and now she will never be the same.. Plus you can say whatever you want about Sammy and call her a liar all you want, but the corners report is sure correct in what Richelle went through. The facts are the facts and the jury was able to make a judgement on THE FACTS, get over it.. BTW Sammy is ashamed to have ever considered that family anything more then a bunch of ignorant, criminals.
AreYouKiddingMe

Ashburn, VA

#58 Jun 29, 2013
Also, "devastated", from what I understand, Samantha wasn't even the person who alerted the police in the first place...they contacted her. She simply told the truth at that time, and then told the truth in court.(Which is what you're SUPPOSED to do under oath, duh) Seems to me that a lot of lies and half-truths came from your side, pal. So you say that Richelle wasn't all sweet and innocent. Who is? That simply doesn't forgive abuse, violence, or murder. Hello?? Have you given ANY thought at all about placing the blame where it belongs? How about the person who caused his anger and hatred towards women in the first place?? Hmmmm I think we all know who THAT is... And yet, if the shoe were on the other foot, and YOU lost someone you love to a cruel, violent death I'm sure you would be singing a different tune.
WomenAgainstViol ence

Denver, CO

#59 Jun 29, 2013
Devastated wrote:
Alcohol and bad judgments took two young innocent lives. Richelles family and friends like to think this was all Coreys fault but there were two people in this and she was not some sweet innocent child. If anything she made worse judgments than he did and her family sure as hell didnt care that she was a major alcoholic and they did nothing to help it. I wish with all my heart that he would have gone home and went to bed that night but I can't make decisions for people. I know that this is not over and he will not spend the rest of his life in prison. We will appeal and I personally will fight as long as it takes to free the boy I know and love. I have two messages. One for the heinous people who were on the other side when the verdict was read. How despicable you people are to cheer and clap, you should be ashamed of yourselves. And to Sammy if your reading this, you can GO FUCK YOURSELF! Your a lying bitch and im sad that we ever accepted you as part of our family. You're scum and I hope you feel like the worst person on earth. That's all.
What a bunch of ignorant, biased crap!! People like you could be shown an actual video of the murder being committed, and you would still make up reasons and excuses, including BLAMING the victims. Mr. Lopez was an angry, abusive man. Abusers are often very good at hiding their behavior...they can be very charming and disarming around friends and family, but they abuse, control and manipulate their victims into believing that they are alone, that no one will help them, and that, somehow, they deserve it. This is a classic pattern of abuse. Unless you were always with them behind closed doors, and unless you were there every time his deviant sexual behavior came out during sex, I would suggest that you shut your obviously ignorant mouth. It is understandable that you are sad and upset for Mr. Lopez, however it is completely horrendous of you to suggest that Ms. Best was deserving of the abuse she received, or to attack his prior victim. You evidently have no idea whatsoever just what Mr. Lopez was capable of. There is also multitudes of evidence against Mr. Lopez that wasn't made public...I'm sorry, but your comments just come off as stupid, hateful and very shallow.
mommyof4

Denver, CO

#60 Jun 29, 2013
Just want to express my love and sorrow to the victims in this case. Some people are just full of rage and hate and are therefore incapable of reason or truth. Big hugs to Richelles family, and Samantha. At least no one else will be choked and abused and killed by this man.
Justice

United States

#61 Jun 30, 2013
All we have ever wanted was to seek the truth of what happened to our sweet Richelle. The evidence and facts nearly crushed me when I found out and saw what actually happened to her. My heart aches every day because I miss my friend. It kills me that throughout all this we are still being slandered and picked on. Was it not enough that he killed Richelle? Now you attack us again? How dare you. We have been waiting for answers and justice for almost a year. We got what we wanted, JUSTICE!!! It doesn't make her come back or bring us the love she shared but its a relief knowing he can't hurt anyone else again. I'm just sad Richelle had to pay the price of his ugly anger and ways. Still now his family attacks us and makes us feel like we did something wrong? Shame on you!! Maybe all of the family should be locked up because its obvious you are all the same horrible, mean and ugly people. We just want peace now thats it! To Sammy and her family and friends, THANK YOU! from all of us. You where brave and stood up to him and we are greatful. I hope you know that you are beautiful and we can all breath a little easier.. To coreys family and friends that choose to harrass us, I hope one day you will open your eyes and see you can't fight evil with evil.. God sees all and in the end you will pay the price... RIP RICHELLE! We got justice girl. Love and miss you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arvada Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 15 min Brian_G 3,475
Rocky Mountain Upset? Polling shows once-popula... 8 hr harmonious 73
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 10 hr KarlVIIIII 12,608
KONG Dog Toy Warning Mon Blue 2
Investigation underway after one found dead (Jul '07) Sun Gomez 25
CO Colorado Primary Election August 10: Will you v... (Aug '10) Sep 10 We hate fort coll... 32
Investment in Arizona Medical Marijuana Dispensary (Mar '11) Aug '14 SoLongSoWrong 4

Arvada Jobs

Arvada People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Arvada News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Arvada

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]