Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

I just read the the comments from the school board candidates and I must say that Ms. Travelstead seems to be on some sort of vendetta. I don't know the lady but being negative about the present board and superintendant is not the way to gain votes in this community. Like the old adage says, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!"
millie

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

i don't know.... this superintendent and board fiddled and piddled and let $6 million pass them by

vote them all out
Advocate

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

The board had nothing to do with the $6 million error. That error was for money from the state for projects in the district. It was a solo error. Get your facts straight before you tell people to vote on misinformation.
Advocate

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

OpenYourMind wrote:
I just read the the comments from the school board candidates and I must say that Ms. Travelstead seems to be on some sort of vendetta. I don't know the lady but being negative about the present board and superintendant is not the way to gain votes in this community. Like the old adage says, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!"
She does have a vendetta. She is Laquita Wheeler's sister-in-law. Smart woman. No diplomacy.
slacker

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
She does have a vendetta. She is Laquita Wheeler's sister-in-law. Smart woman. No diplomacy.
what about steve west's "diplomacy" he removed Laquita from her postition over a personal vendetta
Cindy Travelstead

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

She's hott. It would be great to look at her every meeting.
beresponsible

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Advocate wrote:
The board had nothing to do with the $6 million error. That error was for money from the state for projects in the district. It was a solo error. Get your facts straight before you tell people to vote on misinformation.
if the board is not responsible for the actions of their supertentent and their employees, then why have a board....
vote them all out
bobby j

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

West be gone..................
concerned

Roswell, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Well if Laquita wasnt so busy trying to ruin peoples lives she wouldnt be in this mess. In any other place of employment she would be out on her booty.
Former resident

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

You folks keep electing the worst possible school board members.
big mama

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

why do we even have a school board, they are the ones that have screwed up our system. LaQuita's sister in law is the one running she is not going to run to help our kids parents or teachers she is running to get a seat in there to get Laquita her job back and fight with the school board, all this is becoming is for Politics, Brian McGonagill is another running just for the politics. not about the kids, lets just forget about having a school board, Mr. Singleton runs this district anyway everyone agrees with anything he says.. Laquita is jealous because Kelly was out with someone else having drinks while all administrative went to Ruidoso seems to me that alot of administrators having had their many affairs, so they see nothing wrong with what she did, Lets make all school board resign , Just let teachers teach and if theres problems let them go to the superintendent. In a few months all the school board memeber will be going to San Deigo including Gary P. if money is so tight then where is this money coming from to send off all the members on a pretty much VACATION!! Voting in Laquita's sister-in-law the school board is only gonna get worse,,,,, Doris Carrolton is probably the only one that asks questions she gives her own opinion she makes the decision, no one makes her change her mind,,,,,,,maybe we need to get an all women school board,,,,,,,, your wasting your time voting for school board members we're already screwed !!!!
Danger

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

big mama wrote:
why do we even have a school board, they are the ones that have screwed up our system. LaQuita's sister in law is the one running she is not going to run to help our kids parents or teachers she is running to get a seat in there to get Laquita her job back and fight with the school board, all this is becoming is for Politics, Brian McGonagill is another running just for the politics. not about the kids, lets just forget about having a school board, Mr. Singleton runs this district anyway everyone agrees with anything he says.. Laquita is jealous because Kelly was out with someone else having drinks while all administrative went to Ruidoso seems to me that alot of administrators having had their many affairs, so they see nothing wrong with what she did, Lets make all school board resign , Just let teachers teach and if theres problems let them go to the superintendent. In a few months all the school board memeber will be going to San Deigo including Gary P. if money is so tight then where is this money coming from to send off all the members on a pretty much VACATION!! Voting in Laquita's sister-in-law the school board is only gonna get worse,,,,, Doris Carrolton is probably the only one that asks questions she gives her own opinion she makes the decision, no one makes her change her mind,,,,,,,maybe we need to get an all women school board,,,,,,,, your wasting your time voting for school board members we're already screwed !!!!
Let's not forget, Gary takes the free trip to San Diego or wherever these trainings are, then doesn't report to the actual training. Just takes a free vacation to wherever they send him
StinksLikeGarbag e

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

There's a school system here? Just a different group of good old boys and girls.
Teacher of the Year

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Former resident wrote:
You folks keep electing the worst possible school board members.
You don't live in Carlsbad so what difference does it make who's on our school board? The current school board cares about kids and teachers and that's first and foremost.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Artesia Discussions

Search the Artesia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Coach allegedly molested teen 59 min me myself and the truth 43
217 undocumented immigrants now held at FLETC i... 1 hr TRansom 99
Rediculous rental housing availability (Sep '10) 2 hr Forum 6
High price gas and high price rent hurt Carlsbad 5 hr _Aristotle_ 12
Animal Village 6 hr Just Me 34
The Rant (Jul '09) 7 hr who cares 17
Dr Paul, DDS - Does good work 8 hr Joyce 1
•••
•••