Comments
1 - 20 of 44 Comments Last updated Apr 24, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Wake up Artesia

Artesia, NM

#1 Apr 17, 2012
What do you all think about Artesia's Police Department and City Council? I think alot goes on in Artesia and nobody seems to do anything about it. Pd claims they need patrolman but yet they have cso's, school police, and all these special police jobs but 2-3 patrolman per shift! I have also noticed more shootings and no increase in patrol. Why are the shootings never in the paper? It seems like nobody cares!!
What Happened Gary Drive

Rio Rancho, NM

#2 Apr 18, 2012
What happened on Gary Drive? Police everywhere trailer taped off but no one knows what happened, People on Gary Drive have kids are they safe, People needs to know what is going on in there neighbor We don't have a police department they keep everything quiet like it didn't happened, we need to know if a kids are safe
Wake up Artesia

Artesia, NM

#3 Apr 18, 2012
Was this today? They keep everything a secret it won't be in the paper nothing ever is. They don't want people to know what is going on in Artesia. Lots of shootings, break ins, and crime. I know of plenty of things that should have been in the paper. We have a right to know what's going on in OUR NEIGHBORHOODS!
Get-real

Rio Rancho, NM

#4 Apr 18, 2012
Wake up Artesia wrote:
Was this today? They keep everything a secret it won't be in the paper nothing ever is. They don't want people to know what is going on in Artesia. Lots of shootings, break ins, and crime. I know of plenty of things that should have been in the paper. We have a right to know what's going on in OUR NEIGHBORHOODS!
It was on Saturday morning around 3am BUT no one will say a thing about it Police won't tell you the paper won't so we need information about what is going on in OUR NEIGHBORHOODS...Artesia need to wake up and get there head out of the sand and be proactive and have information available
reader

Tuolumne, CA

#5 Apr 19, 2012
Random Topix page.
Wake up Artesia

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Apr 19, 2012
They need more physically fit police who look somewhat intimidating vs the ones who can't even see their shoes! We need a PRO-ACTIVE Chief! He is about to retire from what I know! So obviously he could careless! I say fire the Chief and find someone who can get the job done. They need to make the officers work! The last female officer they hired and sent to the academy is a detective now with only a year of patrol IF THAT! What a joke! What are the School Resource Officers boing to do over the summer? Another JR Academy? As far as the newspaper I don't understand why nothing is ever in the paper do they not want the public to know or is it only newsworthy when there is a fatality.
Bubba Gump

Union City, PA

#7 Apr 20, 2012
Wake up Artesia wrote:
They need more physically fit police who look somewhat intimidating vs the ones who can't even see their shoes! We need a PRO-ACTIVE Chief! He is about to retire from what I know! So obviously he could careless! I say fire the Chief and find someone who can get the job done. They need to make the officers work! The last female officer they hired and sent to the academy is a detective now with only a year of patrol IF THAT! What a joke! What are the School Resource Officers boing to do over the summer? Another JR Academy? As far as the newspaper I don't understand why nothing is ever in the paper do they not want the public to know or is it only newsworthy when there is a fatality.
Fill out an app, test, and climb on board. Do your part if you think you can make a difference
smadrid

Columbus, NM

#8 Apr 26, 2012
Wake up Artesia wrote:
APPRECIATE LAW ENFORCEMENT!!
everyday they put their own lives at risk
every officer who puts that badge on and walks out the door
knows there's a chance they might not walk back in....
if you feel you can make a difference suit up and make a change
Ohh-Please

Santa Fe, NM

#9 Apr 26, 2012
I was married to police officer on the force for 15 years was Sargent acting chief and let me tell you He had to quit or be fried due to so many violations he thought that badge gave him the power to do what ever he wanted "He had the power of the badge" mentality of I'm the law
so don't tell me to appreciate law enforcement and DON'T TELL ME THEY ARE NOT ALL LIKE THIS.. seen to much about police.. All the same only diffarence the others haven't be caught!!!
Wake up Artesia

Artesia, NM

#10 Apr 26, 2012
Some put their lives on the line and some collect a paycheck and do nothing. We have some good officers who work hard but we also have a few that do nothing. I did not choose that as my career they did so it's their job to make a difference. If they are no longer willing or able to do their jobs maybe they need find something else. The department here needs a new leader!
Smadrid

United States

#11 Apr 26, 2012
Sorry that you married a dumb ass
But I myself have worked with law enforcement to know the difference from a good and a bad cop
so NO they are NOT all the same... One bad seed shouldn't have to bring down the rest of them
Truth of the matter is if someone (any of us) is in trouble or needs help who are we going to call if not law enforcement... I sure as hell doubt a crackhead, drug dealer, murder, rapist or even a thief is going to be at the rescue... If you can't stand behind them feel free to stand in front of them! Making a difference also starts with the community by reporting suspicious activity instead of turning away thinking its none of their business
What would this world be today if we didn't have Law Enforcement officers?
p.s maybe if the chief retires you should change careers and make that change..... Just a thought!
smadrid

United States

#12 May 14, 2012
"Police Officers"   

They put their lives on the line everyday
These men and women who we should thank
Instead people hurl accusations at them
People yell at them for mistakes they make
They have one of the highest stress rates
Suicide rates
Divorce rates
And people have the nerve to beat them down
They save our lives everyday
But all people think about is how they are pulling them over
To give a ticket, making them late
You are the real-life heroes of our time
Thank you for doing a thankless job
Thank you for making our streets safe
For us, for our kids. 
For me. GOD BLESS EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU! National Police Week <3 show ur support (:
Jenny

Artesia, NM

#13 Jun 3, 2012
smadrid wrote:
"Police Officers"   
They put their lives on the line everyday
These men and women who we should thank
Instead people hurl accusations at them
People yell at them for mistakes they make
They have one of the highest stress rates
Suicide rates
Divorce rates
And people have the nerve to beat them down
They save our lives everyday
But all people think about is how they are pulling them over
To give a ticket, making them late
You are the real-life heroes of our time
Thank you for doing a thankless job
Thank you for making our streets safe
For us, for our kids. 
For me. GOD BLESS EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU! National Police Week <3 show ur support (:
I'm supposed to thank the officer who gave me a traffic ticket on my way home from work,now my whole days wages are going to the city!!! I don't think I did it but who are they going to believe,me or him!!! There are countless druggies,drug dealers and thieves roaming these streets and,me, a law abidding citizen has to hand over a hard earned days wages to the city!!! I really hate this town. If I could I would leave this chithole forever.
smadrid

United States

#14 Jun 4, 2012
Jenny wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm supposed to thank the officer who gave me a traffic ticket on my way home from work,now my whole days wages are going to the city!!! I don't think I did it but who are they going to believe,me or him!!! There are countless druggies,drug dealers and thieves roaming these streets and,me, a law abidding citizen has to hand over a hard earned days wages to the city!!! I really hate this town. If I could I would leave this chithole forever.
I highly doubt they are going to issue a traffic citation just because you did nothing...
I don't understand first you all complain they don't do their job thn complain when they do
As far as countless druggies/drug dealers and thieves they also have to be caught like how u were caught on a traffic violation... As much as everyone wants these idiots taken off the streets they also have rights... You can't just go knock on their door and say I believe your a thief and or a druggie/drug dealer so I'm taking you to jail they need proof/evidence to hold up their stories in court... I know everyone one can't wait to get home aft work but we still need to take caution.. While we are safely at home these officers are still putting their lives on the line and not knowing if they will even make it home at the end of their shift... I try to see things all around it if it was a speeding citation maybe they just saved your life from an accident waiting to happen or saved the life of a person you could have hit.. Think outside the box!!
Nurse Rached

United States

#15 Jun 10, 2012
Saving lives? Show me someone who consigns the safety of their life over to the government rather than defend it themself, and I'll show you someone who doesn't deserve it in the first place.

Here's a realistic tribute:

For lying under oath with thy gleaming important badge
For not doing good enough back in school to get a real job
For altering police reports - lest thy cop-friend's reputation be tarnished.
For thy fervant zeal to see people cook and shudder with the mighty sting of thy taser gun - just so you can laugh with your buddies over it in the lunch room
For always presuming it's the male who is the spouse abuser
For scaring the shyyt out anyone who dare come forth and give account of how a felony occured.
For ruining camping trips, sunday school mornings, picnics, and restaurant lunches between father and child just because an incarcereated spouse asks cops to be her personal thugs-in-blue.
For copying the serial number wrong when a child's bike is reported stolen, and then copying it down wrong again off the same paper a week later, and a month later getting it wrong a third time (remember, they're the bottom of the barrel of what high school or G.E.D. programs put out)
For costing me personally $7500 in bond fees and $8800 in lawyer fees for some half-brained scam that my ex-wifes's nephew pulled,(and admitted so the next week) that I was incarcerated and sprung free.(all fees non-refundable, of course)
For (and mostly for) failing to giving me that personally appology that the cop promised he'd give me if HE were wrong and I were right.(still tapping my toes for 17 years now, Pal..)
smadrid

Columbus, NM

#16 Jun 12, 2012
Choosing a career as a Police officer doesn't mean PERFECTION!! everyone makes mistakes including u
sounds like there is more to this story...
"FOR NOT DOING GOOD ENOUGH BACK IN SCHOOL TO GET A REAL JOB" are you really that STUPID?? Being a Police officer wasn't assigned to them based on education.. Only the BRAVE choose to wear that uniform once again if you feel you can do better join the team... only cowards put down the men in blue..... I honestly think Law Enforcement should be one of the top paying jobs instead of being the top ten jobs in demand or the top ten dangerous jobs..
Thumbs up to the Officer who never gave you an apology (and ya its one p) Seems as if you need some growing up to do if your still tapping your toes after 17 yrs FYI: GET OVER IT!!!
Nurse Rached

Artesia, NM

#17 Jun 12, 2012
Okay, hot-shot.$16000 at (say) 8% interest for 17 years is.... I don't know, 30k?

What I do know is I can't expunge 3 false felony arrest records - three of the most ridiculous charges ever farted into a courtroom by a fat slob with a badge. And because of them, a probate judge decided against me EXPLICITLY BECAUSE OF THAT FINDING ON HER BENCH 12 years later in another state. Plus we all know it did my background checks for real jobs.

It's not a simple matter of 'growing up', Pal. Lives are ruined because of hot-headed piece-o-shyte cops who guess that it's easier to scare periphery people than to do any real investigation work.

What I never expected is that you're happy that I was wronged. Thumbs up back at'cha.
smadrid

Columbus, NM

#18 Jun 14, 2012
what does wages have to do with any of this if that was the case you should have hired a HOT-SHOT attorney to get you out of your mess.... FYI the officer is not the last say so it goes to the courts and they handle it!! they are the ones to say if the charges will stand or not... it works in a cycle.. maybe you should take up criminal justice to know how the law works.. do you honestly think Law Enforcement officers don't have to do a back ground check for YES this REAL JOB!! a background check is the most simplest thing to do i myself have ran plenty of checks for employment so don't think it takes a lot of work plain and simple!! My question now is do you even have a REAL job with these felonies since your with Law Enforcement isn't a real job??
Nurse Rached

Artesia, NM

#19 Jun 22, 2012
smadrid wrote:
what does wages have to do with any of this if that was the case you should have hired a HOT-SHOT attorney to get you out of your mess.... FYI the officer is not the last say so it goes to the courts and they handle it!! they are the ones to say if the charges will stand or not... it works in a cycle.. maybe you should take up criminal justice to know how the law works.. do you honestly think Law Enforcement officers don't have to do a back ground check for YES this REAL JOB!! a background check is the most simplest thing to do i myself have ran plenty of checks for employment so don't think it takes a lot of work plain and simple!! My question now is do you even have a REAL job with these felonies since your with Law Enforcement isn't a real job??
Those weren't wages. That was my bond and initial lawyer retainer - both a waste. The case never even went to pre-trial. The guilty party whom I don't even know confessed. Keep splatting out them exclaimation points and multi-question marks. You weren't in my shoes 10 later in El Paso or you hang your head in shame at what happened to me because of that cop.
smadrid

Columbus, NM

#20 Jun 25, 2012
i hang my head in NO shame and your right i wasn't in your shoes but there is two sides to every story and we only got yours..... point is just because you think it was one bad COP doesn't make them ALL bad cops!!!! just saying

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Artesia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carlsbad teacher charged with touching female s... 6 hr becky 70
Equipment worth $40k stolen from Carlsbad work ... 11 hr pre meditated 4
March to FLETC in support of undocumented immig... 17 hr Cricket 23 226
Coach allegedly molested teen 22 hr beaner 68
Carlsbad sheriff arrested Lisa springer Sun Carlsbad Resident 2
ICE resumes deportations from New Mexico center Sat Asian Guy 20
Deported from nowhere Aug 27 Bob 1
•••
•••
Artesia Dating