Artesia teen facing murder charge

Artesia teen facing murder charge

There are 23 comments on the Carlsbad Current-Argus story from Jan 4, 2008, titled Artesia teen facing murder charge. In it, Carlsbad Current-Argus reports that:

An Artesia teen was arrested Thursday by Eddy County Sheriff's deputies and charged with first-degree murder in the slaying of another teenager, who was found shot to death Christmas evening, a sheriff's ... via Carlsbad Current-Argus

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carlsbad Current-Argus.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“time to get rid of murderers”

Since: Dec 07

roswell

#1 Jan 6, 2008
it sickens me how people just think the easiest way out of a problem is by picking up a gun. i cant help but wonder if this is how they were raised. i hope this kids get life in jail. he does not deserve any better . he took someones life, now they need to take his (even if it is just locking them up)they need to know what it mean to have to live without the people you love.
i know people say he did not do this but the shoe fits, he waned to act like an adult big and bad, he needs to be treated that way
concerned

Lubbock, TX

#2 Jan 12, 2008
This is not the first gang related incident/death in Artesia. No one should be shocked at this death. I have a sister who tried to raise children in this town for years and I have seen a lot of stuff that should have been addressed a long time ago. The crime rate in such a small town is huge. Do you not have other things to entertain these children that will keep them in school such as church/ffa/sports? The previous comment on "is this how they were raised"...well it takes a whole community to raise our children..everyone looking out for the next.. not trying to kill one another..

“time to get rid of murderers”

Since: Dec 07

roswell

#3 Jan 12, 2008
concerned wrote:
This is not the first gang related incident/death in Artesia. No one should be shocked at this death. I have a sister who tried to raise children in this town for years and I have seen a lot of stuff that should have been addressed a long time ago. The crime rate in such a small town is huge. Do you not have other things to entertain these children that will keep them in school such as church/ffa/sports? The previous comment on "is this how they were raised"...well it takes a whole community to raise our children..everyone looking out for the next.. not trying to kill one another..
the sad thing is i live about 15 to 20 min away from artesia, i drive there everyday for work, at night i make sure somebody walks me to my car. it is ridiculous how unsafe you have to feel these days leaving a small city like artesia. i very strongly agree with you that somebody (richardson) needs to make an effort to get legall entertainment for these people, there really is nothing to do exept get in trouble.
adrianna

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Sep 13, 2008
you know what i know both guys personally and i mean we grew up together i know im just a kid but listen there is a bigger picture i know i was part of it too at one time but i got away and i know that the boy who did it was probably cohersed and these two grew up together is the sad part at one point they were friends people need to open their eyes not just blame and lock em up
Kornback Rattler

Levelland, TX

#5 Sep 13, 2008
Thats exactally what needs to be done. Lock them up and get them off the streets.
adrianna

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Sep 14, 2008
sure they need to do their time im not saying dont punish for a crime but has anyone noticed the ages or is it just me people need to see whats going on in artesia its just getting worse and people are ignoring it but its been that way forever and they just keep getting younger and no one notices their kids or what locking them up only handles one problem at a time for a certain amount of time you need to find a bigger solution because what rehabilitation are they reallyn gona get and when they get out whats gonna happen huh nothing as always
Fernando

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Sep 14, 2008
Like adrianna say's some thing really needs to happen in artesia I'am from there to and i have been in the mix of every thing and andy was a really good friend of mine and so was the other one to it just hurt to when you lose a good friend like that and there more to it but the police can't really see the problem of the small city of artesia then all you can do is hope for the best
Fernando

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Sep 15, 2008
for you to be saying all that crap about it being cheaper to have them in the ground you better thing twice of what your saying and belive me when am saying this my homeboy did not not have a messed up life nor did he complain that somebody owed him something in life he was not like that he bang the hood cuz he loved it there that was his thing and yeah he did have a job he did work his ass off from day to day so for you to be talking all this smack about him that's just wrong you take a walk in are shoe's and see what we see and see if you can even last a day gang banging on our block
OLD Curfew Checker

Levelland, TX

#10 Sep 16, 2008
I have to comment on the fact that I knew these two personally from a different point of view. My husband and I were their curfew checkers a few years ago while they were in a program here in Artesia. Its easy to judge their situation...but I blame those who wouldn't listen to us... we were actually helping them and got removed from the program by the people over us, because they didn't want to understand how effective we were. Then we watched these boys and twenty other kids go down the drain because of pure ignorance. They all had a chance, but it was taken from them and we were taken from them. They were all very intelligent, but because society failed them, they had nothing left but to go down the drains. I cry because this should have never happened. In Artesia, you are labeled and given up on by so many people. Why try? We knew what these kids were facing and we knew how to help.....no one would let us. I just feel sorry for the fact that people chose to judge...it is not our place to decide and point fingers. They all tried and we were so proud of them for their efforts that they were showing us during that time...we showed them how to believe in themselves. When we received this news we were devastated that one of our young men was no longer alive because of another one of our young men...not to mention countless other issues that we have seen arise because we failed them....We are always devastated when we see that our kids are in trouble or worse, dead. THIS SHOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPEND and the other things surrounding it should have never happened. We tried to convince the people over us that there was hope, but because no one would listen to us, this is the spiral effect that happend...it may have been a couple of years ago, but those couple of years could have change these outcomes on their lives....They were all the future and when their hope was taken away these are the kind of consequences that followed... Its incredible how effective the people over us were...they not only broke our hearts then, but they continue to do so everytime we read that another one of our kids didn't make it or is in trouble. Its a crappy world out there, but it gets crappier when you get your hope messed with. God bless every one...the good and the bad, because every one is some one and means something to someone.
PS this is for our kids, we still think of all of you everyday. We wanted to be there for you guys for the long haul and we are so sorry that people want to label instead of help, its not easy living in these times. You were all very important to us and you know who you are. No matter what your lifestyle is, you are all human and every one deserves a chance.
Anissa form your mom

Levelland, TX

#11 Sep 25, 2008
THIS IS GAY!!!
Fernando

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Sep 26, 2008
you know what you gangsuck piece of shit!!!! you act like you have balls you think you better then us you been watching to much movie's to think shit like that about us where the hell do you get rape from never in my life as being a gang member and a father at the same time, have i know any body from my hood or anybody else hood in artesia and Santana Ca? so for you to be talking all this crap about us it seem's to me you the piece of crap for judging people for who they are and what they believe in, so to top it off we people from the hood and were proud of it to
Learn Stuff

Carlsbad, NM

#14 Sep 26, 2008
gangssuk wrote:
<quoted text>
well, if people would STOP the Bull **** of talking ****, then this would not happen. It just goes to show, both did not have balls as they thought they had of being a man...1) talked the other one into shooting another, as you say could have happened 2) the shooter did not walk away, but gave in. It does not matter that they were friends or more there is more to the story. It is gang related, even if it was not. If they were acting like bad asses and thought they were all tough, and all that bull ****, holding their crotch, walking with their pants to their knees, underwear showing with their bandanas all on their heads, tattoos all over and acting like the world owes them something because someone was not in their life or their life went bad, give me a damn break...excuses, excuses, excuses. ENOUGH already! Let them shoot each other and save us hard working people who ALL have dysfunctional lives save our "worked our asses off" money! It is cheaper to have them in the ground or in ashes than in the prison eating our money!
Yeah these kids need parents. not biological... real parenting......
What

Carlsbad, NM

#15 Sep 26, 2008
to post # 10

where was their mother?

Did either of them have a father?

Now you see the problem..... Illigitmate children would be better off being adopted or put in an orphanage rather than being left with a teen mom who is too young and too busy having a party to be a parent
adrianna

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Sep 26, 2008
gangssuk wrote:
<quoted text>
IT DOES NOT MATTER if he had a job or whatever. HIS attitude got him shot! He was a low life piece of crap! So are OTHER people who have a job and molest their child, the neighbor's child, beat their kids, hit their spouse. Just because a person has a job does not make them innocent. I am not scared of gangs. I don't need to walk in no one's shoes. YOU people make the choice of becoming a gang member. What happens to you, you all ask for it. Otherwise there would not be any law enforcement trying to STOP them. In other words, no life, low life! They have killing on the brain, and think they are bad asses....NEVER any balls! Never have and never will. Killing, gang rape and all of that does not qualify a gang member as having balls. Hurting people is inhumane. THERE IS NO REASON TO BE IN A GANG!
your attitude should get you shot his attitude didnt get him shot you ignorent fucking idiot this has nothing to do with attitudes it has to do with you stupid people who know gangs are bad but dont know how to stop them because from what i seen you have no idea how too and you attitude is pretty fucking liberal considering you live in FUCKING NEW MEXICO you know how you say there is no reason to be in a gang you go tell these twelve year old kids that see if they listen and tell them who will protect them if you have no idea what the simplest reason for a gang is maybey you should walk through the hood and see what happens ,ever been to brooklyn or watts, just causer its supposed to be a small neighbor hood doesnt mean they are any less dangerous you need to wake up
knew both boys

Hobbs, NM

#19 Sep 26, 2008
gangssuk wrote:
<quoted text>
I have walked through the hood before. big damn deal! Why should I have to fight for something I did not make or help with? why should my attitude get me shot? I am good, providing, decent human who takes care of her kids, her family, and does what is right! i know the reason for a gang...if you want to call if a reason. There are many people who have had disadvantages and had BRAINS to not get involved, and became people who society trusted, who earn a living with a college degree. Being in a gang is just an excuse. I will not stop something I did not help create or deal with. I am not a piece of s**t!
Andy had a hard life i know this for fact i tried to help both him and freddy i think all they need was someone to try to keep them on the right track. And no one deserves to lose a child no matter what not even if he was a gangbanger.
TaterTot

Levelland, TX

#20 Sep 26, 2008
The sad truth is that SOCIETY didn't fail these kids, they failed themselves. Life is about choices, personal choices. Kids are not FORCED into gangs, it is their own personal CHOICE. I don't care how old they were, they were old enough to know right from wrong.
Such a tragedy.....their wrong choice has led them to where they are at today.
simple

Carlsbad, NM

#21 Sep 26, 2008
adrianna wrote:
<quoted text> your attitude should get you shot his attitude didnt get him shot you ignorent **** idiot this has nothing to do with attitudes it has to do with you stupid people who know gangs are bad but dont know how to stop them because from what i seen you have no idea how too and you attitude is pretty **** liberal considering you live in **** NEW MEXICO you know how you say there is no reason to be in a gang you go tell these twelve year old kids that see if they listen and tell them who will protect them if you have no idea what the simplest reason for a gang is maybey you should walk through the hood and see what happens ,ever been to brooklyn or watts, just causer its supposed to be a small neighbor hood doesnt mean they are any less dangerous you need to wake up
where is the mama of the 12 year old........

Damn, parents get off your butt and take care of your children. If you don't want the kids say so and send them to an orphanage or better yet, use birth control

Since: Oct 08

Levelland, TX

#24 Oct 30, 2008
knew both boys wrote:
<quoted text>Andy had a hard life i know this for fact i tried to help both him and freddy i think all they need was someone to try to keep them on the right track. And no one deserves to lose a child no matter what not even if he was a gangbanger.

what exactly happpened cuz i dated freddy and he never said anything and i tryed to keep him out of trouble but then ijust couldnt take it anymore i loved him but what he did hurt me
Paperdoll

United States

#25 Oct 31, 2008
gangssuk wrote:
<quoted text>
well, if people would STOP the Bull **** of talking ****, then this would not happen. It just goes to show, both did not have balls as they thought they had of being a man...1) talked the other one into shooting another, as you say could have happened 2) the shooter did not walk away, but gave in. It does not matter that they were friends or more there is more to the story. It is gang related, even if it was not. If they were acting like bad asses and thought they were all tough, and all that bull ****, holding their crotch, walking with their pants to their knees, underwear showing with their bandanas all on their heads, tattoos all over and acting like the world owes them something because someone was not in their life or their life went bad, give me a damn break...excuses, excuses, excuses. ENOUGH already! Let them shoot each other and save us hard working people who ALL have dysfunctional lives save our "worked our asses off" money! It is cheaper to have them in the ground or in ashes than in the prison eating our money!
I like your way of thinking....BRAVO!
cream

Artesia, NM

#26 Feb 22, 2012
T-Town on the rise ha bunch of p that hate this town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Artesia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Governor is voting for Clinton and La Raza 3 hr Bride of Frankenfool 9
Carlos Slim, the wealthiest man in the world 3 hr Bride of Frankenfool 2
Clarissa Armendariz AKA Clara 3 hr Bride of Frankenfool 6
Janet Peters May 25 Frankenfool 28
kelly lowe for sheriff May 24 Frankenfool 59
40 under 40 May 24 Frankenfool 7
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) May 24 Frankenfool 8,757
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Artesia Mortgages