DWI charge dismissed for former Carls...

DWI charge dismissed for former Carlsbad resident Phil Carrell Jr.

There are 18 comments on the Carlsbad Current-Argus story from Apr 12, 2013, titled DWI charge dismissed for former Carlsbad resident Phil Carrell Jr.. In it, Carlsbad Current-Argus reports that:

Fighting a DWI charge and a traffic violation ticket can be drawn out and expensive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carlsbad Current-Argus.

Carlsbad Resident

Hobbs, NM

#1 Apr 15, 2013
Money talks !
Concerned Mom

Carlsbad, NM

#2 Apr 15, 2013
They need a DWI stop around the Country Club, they would be able to pick up some high profile people there. This isn't the first time for Jr. to being driving around under the influance.
But, then again, if they did do some stops out there, money would get them off.
Why

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Apr 15, 2013
is this posted in the Albuquerque forum?
jore

Carlsbad, NM

#4 Apr 15, 2013
a cop that says "because I can"

we have problems
hmmm

Lockhart, TX

#5 Apr 15, 2013
What was he doing in Monterey St. Anyway?
IM NEVER WRONG

Oklahoma City, OK

#6 Apr 15, 2013
jore wrote:
a cop that says "because I can"
we have problems
Open container, failure to stop, alcohol in his blood, he stumbles around. He's just a boozer. Someday we will all have a system to detect alcohol in our blood and our car won't start.Meanwhile if you see a boozer driving call him in and get him off our streets!
crooked cop

Carlsbad, NM

#7 Apr 15, 2013
IM NEVER WRONG wrote:
<quoted text> Open container, failure to stop, alcohol in his blood, he stumbles around. He's just a boozer. Someday we will all have a system to detect alcohol in our blood and our car won't start.Meanwhile if you see a boozer driving call him in and get him off our streets!
he TESTED .07..... not legally drunk
hmmm

Lockhart, TX

#8 Apr 15, 2013
IM NEVER WRONG wrote:
<quoted text> Open container, failure to stop, alcohol in his blood, he stumbles around. He's just a boozer. Someday we will all have a system to detect alcohol in our blood and our car won't start.Meanwhile if you see a boozer driving call him in and get him off our streets!
I won't be calling in dwi drivers anymore. I did a few years ago after an awful encounter with one & the person was found not guilty. He blew over the legal limit, had open container & put people in danger on the highway. A jury of his peers found him not guilty. Good call Carlsbad
cBAD

Carlsbad, NM

#9 Apr 16, 2013
In New Mexico you don't have to be at or above .08 to be charged and convicted of DWI. If they can prove that you are impaired you can be convicted. You can blow a .04 and fail the field test and be convicted. The money is what enabled him to get out of this charge.
Concerned Mom

Carlsbad, NM

#10 Apr 16, 2013
I've said this before on here, they need to have a mandatory alchol detection on every auto sold, but people said that was stupid. Another person on here has also stated something like that.
Just like they said about the seat belts, that the auto companies could not afford to fit all the vehicles with them.
I'm sure it want happen, because it brings in alot of money to the courts, officers who get overtime for the check points and other govt. agencies that make money off the drunks.
This country is going to hell.
how

Huntsville, AL

#12 Apr 16, 2013
Concerned Mom wrote:
I've said this before on here, they need to have a mandatory alchol detection on every auto sold, but people said that was stupid. Another person on here has also stated something like that.
Just like they said about the seat belts, that the auto companies could not afford to fit all the vehicles with them.
I'm sure it want happen, because it brings in alot of money to the courts, officers who get overtime for the check points and other govt. agencies that make money off the drunks.
This country is going to hell.
about a device you have to pee in to start your car? good lord somebody might be on drugs.

It is stupid.
IM NEVER WRONG

Oklahoma City, OK

#13 Apr 16, 2013
grammar lady wrote:
<quoted text>
You spelled alcohol wrong! There is no such word as "alot" it should be a lot.
If she should have capitalized the word ALot, she would have then been mostly correct. In a since.
IM NEVER WRONG

Oklahoma City, OK

#16 Apr 16, 2013
grammar lady wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong! You need to revise your entire post!
Go to your atlas and read between the lines.
ashamed

United States

#17 Apr 16, 2013
Wow why isn't this surprising to me ? First he gets away with having drugs now this money talks and all the honest people get the slammer
Copeland

College Station, TX

#18 Apr 22, 2013
Grammar Lady, get a Life! Better yet get your teaching degree and go do your thing at a public school!

Since: Apr 12

Carlsbad, NM

#19 Apr 22, 2013
IM NEVER WRONG wrote:
<quoted text> If she should have capitalized the word ALot, she would have then been mostly correct. In a since.
Sense, not since. Since we are playing grammar police.
DUI is for Idiots

Clovis, NM

#20 Apr 22, 2013
that he blew a .07, under the .08 is not relevant for him to be charged. All the officer has to prove is IMPAIRMENT, doesn't matter what he blows. Just like you can be charged if you're sleeping with the motor running but the car parked after you've been drinking, it's "operating" a motor vehicle under the influence, not "driving". Shoddy job by crappy officers letting off one of Carlsbad's elite, which, sad to say, is common for this town. The police department has always been plagued by chiefs that screw anything with legs, sit in coffee shops all morning screwing off, officers stealing from evidence, officers banging each other's wives and dispatchers. Some things never change.
Peanut butter

Artesia, NM

#21 Apr 22, 2013
What money?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Artesia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carlsbad: Burger Town USA 1 hr Hombre 28
bandidos mc (Feb '13) 1 hr Gunner 172
State and local officials don't have any soluti... 5 hr Hombre 1
Teachers in these states are ARMED!!!!! 7 hr Hombre 3
Nancy Pelosi says, control the border by mowing... 7 hr Hombre 7
Yeahsah, yeahsah, yeahsah. 12 hr Hombre 19
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) 12 hr Tinman 11,133

Artesia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Artesia Mortgages