What happened to Attorney Shawn Lunsford?

Posted in the Artesia Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
LOBO

Carlsbad, NM

#1 Nov 15, 2011
His office has been closed. Anyone know why?
MLE1

Hobbs, NM

#2 Nov 16, 2011
I could find out.
Stan Pike

Carlsbad, NM

#3 Nov 16, 2011
He moved to California.More dummies to defend there.
wethetaxedb

Carlsbad, NM

#4 Nov 16, 2011
He was assaulted in the court room by an angry gorilla that he was representing , his butt is swollen beyond recognition, it hurts when he does #2. He will be gone for awhile, he was a lousy attorney any way.
In the Know

Carlsbad, NM

#5 Nov 17, 2011
He is in some kind of trouble by the Bar n he pretty much abandoned his practice
sunnyone229

Carlsbad, NM

#6 Nov 17, 2011
LOBO wrote:
His office has been closed. Anyone know why?
He has been disbarred. Contact the state attorney for more info.
elfin

Carlsbad, NM

#7 Nov 17, 2011
CARLSBAD A Carlsbad attorney has until Nov. 29 to explain why he abandoned his law practice without advising his clients, leaving them in limbo and without representation.
William Slease, chief counsel for the Disciplinary Board of the New Mexico Supreme Court, said the court entered the order Nov. 7 requiring Attorney Shawn Lunsford to explain his actions.

"He has a right to respond to it. Then the court sets a date for a hearing," Slease said. "At this point it's difficult to say what decision the court will make against Mr. Lunsford."

In addition, the disciplinary board has asked the court - among other things - to appoint an inventorying attorney based upon the allegation that Lunsford abandoned his practice. The petition, currently pending with the court also asks for the suspension of Lunsford's license.
RotRo

Hobbs, NM

#8 Nov 18, 2011
I heard that he screwed anything with a pulse. Besides that, he like to take people's money and never do a damned thing. Weird how everything will catch up sooner or later. The general concensus is that he moved and took a job welding. Nonetheless, he hasn't been disbarred as of yet, and the Supreme Court is looking to suspend him indefinitely if he doesn't respond to their petition by the 29th. And, of course, he won't because he is a lazy, alcoholic, coward.

Since: Feb 09

Carlsbad, NM

#9 Nov 18, 2011
being an attorney is a hard profession to make a living unless you get in the DA's office first...or in a firm that is well established and has numerous clients and practices in other things besides criminal law...criminal law defense is hard to make money in because your clients are already in trouble...and getting money from them is usually sqeezing the lifeblood out of there parents or grandparents.....my attorney from albuquerque pracdticed in labor law and discriminaton cases and was always requesting money although we signed on for contingency with a retainer....he once told me he had almost three hundred clients....but if they are all suing someone then they are not paying money every month...and the office staff and utilities need to get paid regularly or you are doing what shawn lunsford did....he will make more money welding anyway....
wondering

Carlsbad, NM

#10 Nov 18, 2011
RotRo wrote:
I heard that he screwed anything with a pulse. Besides that, he like to take people's money and never do a damned thing. Weird how everything will catch up sooner or later. The general concensus is that he moved and took a job welding. Nonetheless, he hasn't been disbarred as of yet, and the Supreme Court is looking to suspend him indefinitely if he doesn't respond to their petition by the 29th. And, of course, he won't because he is a lazy, alcoholic, coward.
Was he friends with Roy Galloway?
bob

Carlsbad, NM

#11 Nov 19, 2011
ellvis wrote:
being an attorney is a hard profession to make a living unless you get in the DA's office first...or in a firm that is well established and has numerous clients and practices in other things besides criminal law...criminal law defense is hard to make money in because your clients are already in trouble...and getting money from them is usually sqeezing the lifeblood out of there parents or grandparents.....my attorney from albuquerque pracdticed in labor law and discriminaton cases and was always requesting money although we signed on for contingency with a retainer....he once told me he had almost three hundred clients....but if they are all suing someone then they are not paying money every month...and the office staff and utilities need to get paid regularly or you are doing what shawn lunsford did....he will make more money welding anyway....
and earn more respect.
ispy

Carlsbad, NM

#12 Nov 23, 2011
he was too busy doing favors for his piece of crap drug whoring niece and her crack head boyfriend by being his lawyer for free 24/7 to make any actual living, so now he has to go do some welding since he haas no actual paying clients left and cant pay his bills.
Legally Curious

Hobbs, NM

#14 Dec 6, 2011
Does anyone have any current news on Lunsford?
iSpy

Carlsbad, NM

#15 Dec 11, 2011
Legally Curious wrote:
Does anyone have any current news on Lunsford?
as far as anyone knows thelowlife is stillin hiding. probably because he is running from all the clients he screwed over.
nmcourts.gov
look him up....extensive history
carlsbadlivesong ossip

Hobbs, NM

#17 Dec 17, 2011
Is this all you people have to do is talk about others..You start out asking about Mr Lunsford then it starts gossip on his neice and his other family members where did they come into the picture of him leaving?? Like all of you and your families are so perfect!!!!! there is always a skelton in the closet!!!!!
carlsbadlivesong ossip

Hobbs, NM

#18 Dec 17, 2011
friendofafriendofaclient wrote:
My "relative" was Mr. Lunsford's client. My "relative" is a punk, meth head junkie. Shawn Lunsford's entire family is basically constantly involved on the WRONG side of the law, as is my "relative".
Mr. Lunsford's niece is an unfit mother. She was on meth for the first 3 months of her pregnancy. Her boyfriend was being represented by Lunsford for multiple offenses and Lunsford literally filed a motion to withdraw as counsel without consulting my "relative".
Lunsford's brother, or at least brother in law, recently had his parole/probation revoked and narrowly escaped a lengthy prison sentence somehow. Through the grapevine, I have learned that they are both welding together now.
That ENTIRE family is composed of compulsive liars and drug addicts.
Why try to bring his whole family into this??? Its really nobodys business.... What Mr. Lunsford done was wrong yes but quit bringing the family into it, sounds like yours isnt the perfect family so don't throw stones at glass houses!!!!!!!All you people do on here is run other people down, look in the mirror are you perfect??????
hatred

Albuquerque, NM

#20 Mar 28, 2012
hey, i'm pretty sure this 'niece' you speak of is actually his daughter.
But that's besides the point. Seriously, if your dad was a fat disgusting asshole who screwed everything with a pulse, beat everyone in the family on a regular basis, drank and did drugs constantly, associated only with scumbags, and shifted all legal blame on those who were trying to help/care about him on a regular basis, terrified everyone around him into obeying his every wish... i'm pretty sure you'd have a hard life and make some bad choices too. Not everyone in his family is perfect, like no one in your family is perfect. And, i'm pretty sure if you had to deal daily with an anus like this worthless bag of idiocy on a daily basis you'd wind up making some extra bad choices as well.

So, what i'm saying here is... let's try to get this worthless monster to pay the price for his completely and utterly illegal actions, thrown in jail so he can proceed to 'learn from his mistakes'.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#21 Mar 28, 2012
iSpy wrote:
<quoted text>
as far as anyone knows thelowlife is stillin hiding. probably because he is running from all the clients he screwed over.
nmcourts.gov
look him up....extensive history
Dont worry about him. Stop asking about him. He is not hiding. Yeah, he was an A-hole for BS that he did, but he is paying the price in other ways. You people go live your lives and when time comes you will probably find out other information. Everyone can be after him or whatever with trying to find him or find out where he is so called hiding when he isnt, but the thing is his wife and his kids. You guys dont have all of the story or anything. Why cant you let his wife and kids breathe for a while?
sounds like

Carlsbad, NM

#22 Mar 29, 2012
If HE had been thinking about his wife & kids, just MAYBE he wouldn't be in the situation he's in. Ya think??
FYI

Carlsbad, NM

#23 Mar 29, 2012
Shawn Lunsford, 44, of the 3400 block of Hidalgo, charged with violation of family violence protection act.

Apparently he didn't care about his family as much as he should have. He has nobody to blame but himself, and he should take the punishment he deserves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Artesia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where is David Munoz (Aug '11) 15 min IDIOT 17
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) 4 hr lance shriver 8,689
Ireland Made History Today! 8 hr just sayin 7
News WIPP seeks public comment for community relatio... Sun Tom 3
News 17 people indicted in alleged meth-trafficking ... (Dec '11) Sat monique rogers 32
construction May 22 just sayin 4
bandidos mc (Feb '13) May 21 Frito Bandito 145
More from around the web

Artesia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]