public schools rude/incompetent staff

Posted in the Artesia Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
concerned parent

Carlsbad, NM

#1 Oct 8, 2012
I am starting this thread in hopes that concerned parents might talk about people/teachers who work for the schools who have little to no idea how to handle themselves.
If there is a person who comes up as a concern for many parents perhaps we can do something about it, or get something about it done.
I am not trying to down the public school system, just those people who obviously donít care.
Not just teachers either. Secretaries, principals, assistant teachers, substitutes, nurses.... Everyone who effects our childrens school experience.
interested

Carlsbad, NM

#2 Oct 8, 2012
yes, i have had issues with a few teachers, but what can you really do? you tell the principal, they nod, act like they will do something, and walk away from the situaiton.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#3 Oct 8, 2012
The special education department needs a complete over haul. Shirley Jones has no clue what she is doing and Ted Cordova who is basically Human Resources is a incompetent as it gets.
There are not enough books for every child to bring home but yet, people from CMS drive suburbans.
interested

Carlsbad, NM

#4 Oct 8, 2012
i dont have any first hand knowledge of the special ed department, and thats sad if it is true. they need help the most!
i wish there was more to be done! so sad, they spend millions on repaving streets that are alredy crumbling and full of potholes again, but our public education system is absolutely in shambles.
what about loving? is it reasonable to move children there in an effort to get them a better education. i have heard they are more one and one? less the smack talk, i heard they do really well there.
just me

Carlsbad, NM

#5 Oct 8, 2012
looking at this feed i have to say when my kids were in school (both graduated now) there were many times i wanted to reach across and smack someone tho was talking down to me, when i was trying to get information about my kids schooling. they have a god complex where they control the schools and the children, and we as parents threaten that authority..
it is just another faucet of the horrible attitudes of people around here.
r u kidding

Tucumcari, NM

#6 Oct 8, 2012
as long as u people keep voting for the likes of steve west for school board, u deserve what u get.
yeah
#7 Oct 8, 2012
Missy Granger at hilcrest is soo rude and judgemental. She needs to look at her personal life before she looks down on others.
Thank you, that is all.
Cyrus the Virus

Carlsbad, NM

#8 Oct 9, 2012
Getting disgusted with some of the staff at monterrey as well. There are a few good teachers there but they are slowly becoming outnumbered by some real witches

Location hidden

#9 Oct 10, 2012
Cyrus the Virus wrote:
Getting disgusted with some of the staff at monterrey as well. There are a few good teachers there but they are slowly becoming outnumbered by some real witches
Yes they are. Mrs Rodriguez was really bad but i'm not sure this new principal is any better.
American

United States

#10 Oct 10, 2012
That's what happens when federal government takes over something it was never supposed to be in charge of. When you eliminate competition you get the crap which is public school. Students are the last thing anyone in the public school is worried about. That's why my kids will never set foot in that shithole of a system.
Shorty

Arlington, TX

#11 Oct 10, 2012
Evelyn at Joe Stanley has had a lot of people complain. She comes off rude and not very helpful when you ask questions regarding school activities or anything But all schools have that one that just don't fit in
Not all teachers

Lovington, NM

#12 Oct 10, 2012
I graduated not to long ago and there were many teachers at the high school who helped as much as they can. I'm not sure about the elementary schools though, but I havent heard anything to bad about pate except where it's located.
concerned

Carlsbad, NM

#13 Oct 10, 2012
monterey- i have hd many unpleasant experiences with the main secretary suzan. the principal this year seems somewhat better. mrs rodriguez was transfered... which is scary because she has no buisness in any school. i feel sorry for the school she has gone to.
American- good for you, you can afford private school or have someone able to homeschool your kids. that is not always an option

Location hidden

#14 Oct 10, 2012
concerned wrote:
monterey- i have hd many unpleasant experiences with the main secretary suzan. the principal this year seems somewhat better. mrs rodriguez was transfered... which is scary because she has no buisness in any school. i feel sorry for the school she has gone to.
American- good for you, you can afford private school or have someone able to homeschool your kids. that is not always an option
I have had a few issues with Susan too. She sticks her nose where it doesn't belong and gets this nasty attitude. I've had to check her a few times.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#15 Oct 10, 2012
Not all teachers wrote:
I graduated not to long ago and there were many teachers at the high school who helped as much as they can. I'm not sure about the elementary schools though, but I havent heard anything to bad about pate except where it's located.
My kids went to pate& while yes its been 6 yrs ago it was a bad school that tolerated bullying!! I fought them almost everyday due to this & they would so nothing to stop my son from being beaten up. When he came home saying he should kill himself as that was what it would take to make them happy. I pulled him out & put him in private. He is know a well adjusted happy 16 yr old!!! Public school here needs a major overhaul! Oh & Barnes was the principal at that time at pate I think they moved her to hillcrest the next yr
Not all teachers

Lovington, NM

#16 Oct 11, 2012
dragonladysrealm wrote:
<quoted text>
My kids went to pate& while yes its been 6 yrs ago it was a bad school that tolerated bullying!! I fought them almost everyday due to this & they would so nothing to stop my son from being beaten up. When he came home saying he should kill himself as that was what it would take to make them happy. I pulled him out & put him in private. He is know a well adjusted happy 16 yr old!!! Public school here needs a major overhaul! Oh & Barnes was the principal at that time at pate I think they moved her to hillcrest the next yr
Im so sorry! see i havent heard anything recent. My neighbor goes there and here mom loves it. Im just saying not every teacher in this town is horrible
Cyrus the Virus

Carlsbad, NM

#17 Oct 11, 2012
concerned wrote:
The secretary at monterrey was exactly who I was referring to and that new principal has a great fake smile now but her first impression with me was horrible. I think parents who are involved and concerned with their childs education should be welcomed at the school instead of being confronted with the likes of that secretary. Yes, I'm venting in here but I want to put some rubber on the road - so to speak. I want to voice my complaints to someone. Does anyone know where to go or who to see to make a complaint ?
silenced

Carlsbad, NM

#20 Oct 12, 2012
i dont know why they keep deleting my post. you should addess your issue with the school board. look the number up on google. ask for a complaint form. they can fax it to you.
Lez-ie

Carlsbad, NM

#21 Oct 12, 2012
Call the school board
silenced

Carlsbad, NM

#24 Oct 12, 2012
so my guess? some one on topix has something to do with the schools. people can cuss and bad mouth, gossip and spread rumors... but try to get a momentum to do something for our schools, such as ban together and complain about one person in perticular, and its a no go. rediculous. they deleted at least 5 posts by me on this feed, and another feed all together about the school board.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Artesia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Democratic party drafts Kim Jong- Un for Democr... 1 hr None 11
KRQE reports that Eddy county sheriff's departm... 2 hr None 3
Good time to see who is in charge 3 hr None 2
President Trump is right, fire those scum bags. 8 hr eferram 3
Is it time to abolish America's national anthem? Fri Shane 3
Mexico's only exports to the United States Sep 21 None 19
The state of New Mexico Sep 21 Shane 2

Artesia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance