Carlsbad N.M. Elks Lodge

Posted in the Artesia Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
NEW Carlsbad Resident

Hobbs, NM

#1 Nov 13, 2012
Carlsbad N.M. Elks Lodge is the sorriest Lodge I have ever been to, there is no decent evening entertainment, bar their bartender and the people who sit at the bar are rude.
I understand all the Good entertainment quit playing there because Elks management do not treat bands and singers right, and the atmosphere there stinks of cigarette smoke and the service there is lousy.
I went there three times as a guest will not go back.
bikergurl

Hobbs, NM

#2 Nov 13, 2012
NEW Carlsbad Resident wrote:
Carlsbad N.M. Elks Lodge is the sorriest Lodge I have ever been to, there is no decent evening entertainment, bar their bartender and the people who sit at the bar are rude.
I understand all the Good entertainment quit playing there because Elks management do not treat bands and singers right, and the atmosphere there stinks of cigarette smoke and the service there is lousy.
My grandparents belong to the elks, but I've never been there. I know that they enjoy it.
richie rich Wanda

Carlsbad, NM

#3 Nov 13, 2012
If you can't stand the upper class, then don't go! We don't like trash like you in our town anyway!
Jethro

Carlsbad, NM

#4 Nov 14, 2012
richie rich Wanda wrote:
If you can't stand the upper class, then don't go! We don't like trash like you in our town anyway!
If that Elks Lodge represents the "upper class" then there sure are a lot of sorry scum bags and drunks and ordinary riff raff that got socially promoted! Damnation! I can assure you, they do not sit around listening to a Brahms quintet, sipping Dom Pérignon and nibbling brie whilst discussing the latest fashions from Hanae Mori or Dior! Ha!

Upper Class in a town like Carlsbad usually means the Beverly Hillbillies getting down and dirty in the cement pond!
chamaka

Carlsbad, NM

#5 Nov 14, 2012
bikergurl wrote:
<quoted text>My grandparents belong to the elks, but I've never been there. I know that they enjoy it.
Me too
Hermit

Lovington, NM

#6 Nov 14, 2012
Jethro wrote:
<quoted text>
If that Elks Lodge represents the "upper class" then there sure are a lot of sorry scum bags and drunks and ordinary riff raff that got socially promoted! Damnation! I can assure you, they do not sit around listening to a Brahms quintet, sipping Dom Pérignon and nibbling brie whilst discussing the latest fashions from Hanae Mori or Dior! Ha!
Upper Class in a town like Carlsbad usually means the Beverly Hillbillies getting down and dirty in the cement pond!
HAHA!!! You are GOOD. VERY good!!!!! Roar
Cyrus the Virus

Carlsbad, NM

#7 Nov 14, 2012
Ah yes...a weekend at diving rock, sponge baths from the elderly lady next door, and an evening at the Elks. High society folks, high society.

Carlsbad, NM

#8 Nov 15, 2012
I hate that the reputation is hinged on the few bad members we do have. I agree the lodge smells horrible of smoke, the bartendars need to be slapped and there are other issues that could be fixed.

Just please know that the Elks organization really is a great place. They do a lot of good for the community financially. The Carlsbad Elks Lodge is a leader with in the state of NM in giving back to the community as in the youth programs, veteran programs and many others. We are the largest lodge in the state by a long shot. The closest lodge when it comes to membership is Farmington and they are less then 1500 members total. The Carlsbad lodge provides over 100 food baskets for each Thanksgiving and Christmas. They fully fund the Little Cavemen program. The lodge has been giving back over $250,000 back to Carlsbad each year in financial donations and other services.

I will be the first to admit that we are not perfect but there are many members that really do live the life of a true Elk and donate time, money and many other things to better the lifes of others. I wish we could seperate ourselves from the barflys that always accumulate at any bar they can sit at. Please look past that. We really do try hard to do good but a few bad apples hurt our reputation. There currently is about 2500 members of this lodge and the 10 - 15 drunks that never leave the bar should not be how we are judged.
Carlsbad Resident

Hobbs, NM

#9 Nov 15, 2012
Member wrote:
I hate that the reputation is hinged on the few bad members we do have. I agree the lodge smells horrible of smoke, the bartendars need to be slapped and there are other issues that could be fixed.
Just please know that the Elks organization really is a great place. They do a lot of good for the community financially. The Carlsbad Elks Lodge is a leader with in the state of NM in giving back to the community as in the youth programs, veteran programs and many others. We are the largest lodge in the state by a long shot. The closest lodge when it comes to membership is Farmington and they are less then 1500 members total. The Carlsbad lodge provides over 100 food baskets for each Thanksgiving and Christmas. They fully fund the Little Cavemen program. The lodge has been giving back over $250,000 back to Carlsbad each year in financial donations and other services.
I will be the first to admit that we are not perfect but there are many members that really do live the life of a true Elk and donate time, money and many other things to better the lifes of others. I wish we could seperate ourselves from the barflys that always accumulate at any bar they can sit at. Please look past that. We really do try hard to do good but a few bad apples hurt our reputation. There currently is about 2500 members of this lodge and the 10 - 15 drunks that never leave the bar should not be how we are judged.
"There currently is about 2500 members of this lodge and the 10 - 15 drunks that never leave the bar should not be how we are judged".

So do something about the drunks and cigarette smoke, stop serving them.
Carlsbad Resident

Hobbs, NM

#10 Nov 15, 2012
Good entertainment quit playing there because Elks management do not treat bands and singers right

I go to the Stevens lounge, I have heard the very same thing if you work at the Elks be prepared to be stiffed, and if you want anything to drink, be prepared to pay for it big time the bar there will rip you off. Entertainment drinks should be 2 free.
richie rich Wanda

Carlsbad, NM

#11 Nov 15, 2012
You poor slob, get a life. We don't want you to visit our Elks club.
You Wish

Hobbs, NM

#12 Nov 15, 2012
richie rich Wanda wrote:
You poor slob, get a life. We don't want you to visit our Elks club.
You probably fit in perfecty at The Shade. I doubt you don't make enough money to pay the dues at the Elks, otherwise you wouldn't be on here acting like a stupid fool.
Wannabe
someone

Carlsbad, NM

#13 Nov 16, 2012
Sounds like sour grapes . You are mad because you don't get free drinks when you play there? You get paid to play not drink.
shytbyrd

Carlsbad, NM

#14 Nov 16, 2012
Just how many Elks lodges have you visited?
Shytbyrd

Carlsbad, NM

#15 Nov 16, 2012
Who did you come up with? They didn't give you a tour of the place? All you seen was the Lounge? How many Elks lodges have you visited? Do you know the Eld Charities? There is more to the Elks Lodge other than drinking in the bar!
Shytbyrd

Carlsbad, NM

#16 Nov 16, 2012
Member wrote:
We have all new bartenders at the Elks, they're all friendly and glad you come up! So when has been your last visit at the lodge. Know one needs to be slapped but you! How dare you be a member and talk bad about your Lodge! Sounds like you were two sheets to the wind when you posted this!
Shytbyrd

Carlsbad, NM

#17 Nov 16, 2012
Hermit wrote:
<quoted text>HAHA!!! You are GOOD. VERY good!!!!! Roar
Hobbs had a Elks Lodge years ago, but something happened where they lost it.

Carlsbad, NM

#18 Nov 17, 2012
Shythead, I can guarantee that I was not drunk when I wrote that post. I just wrote the truth. All you are doing is covering up the truth and I said the truth. We both know that the lodge is an awesome place but there are most definitely issues that need to be addressed but for some reason they never are addressed. The officers can only do so much! If they would just make a few changes, which will cost a little money, it will help a lot. I overheard a PER, that is still apart if the officer team, say the other day that they were considering purchasing new smoke eaters. What is the delay? This PER is a smoker and he believes that new smoke eaters are needed. Why don't they just do it! The other change that needs to take place is to revamp the kitchen, as in a new cook. EVERYWHERE I go, the single statement that is mentioned about the lodge by long time members is, the food at the lodge used to be the best. Well, that needs to be fixed also. Why can't we be the best again? Why are the officers ok with being average in the kitchen? As a member, I do wish the board would listen to the membership and take their opinions into consideration. Even when I gave gone to the board for suggestions or ideas, they find a reason to turn it down or make it be forgotten. Let's stop trying to cover up the issues and let's fix them. No need to bash each other about it when it is obvious that there are issues. If you believe that it is perfect, I suggest you take a few steps back and just watch with an unbiased view.
gail

Carlsbad, NM

#19 Nov 17, 2012
Member wrote:
I'm confused if you support your lodge why are you calling "brothers" drunks and why not post your name... member...
ex member

Hobbs, NM

#20 Nov 17, 2012
because of how well known yall are for holding a grudge and alienating people for trying to bring a problem to your attention. thats why i quit. tried to talk about something everyone knows is a problem, you shut your ears, turn your back, and talk crap.
just like everything else in this town, the lodge is trashy and no one wants to change it. the titles of officer need to change hands.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Artesia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama to put $10 a barrel oil tax on oil companies 6 hr Aryan-zona 2
Obama, Hillary Supporters are: Sun Mary Kay 2
Obama to buy Sysco trucks Sun reality 4
News Low Gas Prices Hurting State Budget Sun Stuart K 112
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) Feb 4 Richies Cool Man ... 8,738
President Obama Feb 4 Just wondering 10
Marijuana Feb 3 Anonymous 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Artesia Mortgages