Loved YellowBrix

Carlsbad, NM

#1 Feb 10, 2013
Just moved to the area and arrived on a Sunday...being from Scottsdale, AZ I am used to fine dining with lots of choices. Unfortunately Carlsbad has few choices especially on a Sunday. But to my pleasant surprise I stumbled onto YellowBrix...Carlsbad seems to roll up the streets on Sunday and YellowBrix was virtually the only decent looking place open. The walls surrounding the restuarant were decorated with twinkling lights and the large patio looked very inviting. I found out later that the building was built in 1928 and had recently been completely restored. It was simply beautiful inside!...The waiter, a very nice lad named Dalton, was very attentive and his service was excellent. The menu was amazing, even a foodie like me couldnt decide what to order. I went for the Lamb Meatballs (out of this world) as an appetizer and the Salmon for the main course. The chef knocked it out of the park with that entree!...not too fishy and melted in my mouth!...Much to my surprise, for dessert, they had a Gelatto Bar with flavors to die for...The Chardonnay I had was from Northern New Mexico and was very tasty. I found out later that the Somalier who recommended the wine was in fact the owner (Dan)...I found him to be very knowledgeable about wine and an excellent host. All in all a wonderful experience and I cant wait to go back and sample some of their other offerings...
really

Hobbs, NM

#2 Feb 10, 2013
Loved YellowBrix wrote:
Just moved to the area and arrived on a Sunday...being from Scottsdale, AZ I am used to fine dining with lots of choices. Unfortunately Carlsbad has few choices especially on a Sunday. But to my pleasant surprise I stumbled onto YellowBrix...Carlsbad seems to roll up the streets on Sunday and YellowBrix was virtually the only decent looking place open. The walls surrounding the restuarant were decorated with twinkling lights and the large patio looked very inviting. I found out later that the building was built in 1928 and had recently been completely restored. It was simply beautiful inside!...The waiter, a very nice lad named Dalton, was very attentive and his service was excellent. The menu was amazing, even a foodie like me couldnt decide what to order. I went for the Lamb Meatballs (out of this world) as an appetizer and the Salmon for the main course. The chef knocked it out of the park with that entree!...not too fishy and melted in my mouth!...Much to my surprise, for dessert, they had a Gelatto Bar with flavors to die for...The Chardonnay I had was from Northern New Mexico and was very tasty. I found out later that the Somalier who recommended the wine was in fact the owner (Dan)...I found him to be very knowledgeable about wine and an excellent host. All in all a wonderful experience and I cant wait to go back and sample some of their other offerings...
I've had so many bad experiences eating in restaurants in Carlsbad, that I just stopped eating here and go to Artesia or Roswell to eat in a good restaurant. I shop, go to eat and make a pleasant day out of it!:-)
HeeHaw YeeHaw

Carlsbad, NM

#3 Feb 10, 2013
Loved YellowBrix wrote:
Really, funny you are from the owners hometown coincidence hmmm. We found them to be lackluster at best.
Sweet

Carlsbad, NM

#4 Feb 10, 2013
Every since Carlos stopped cooking there it has really went downhill. The Cuban he made was the best sandwich in town bar none.
lol

United States

#5 Feb 10, 2013
Just cuz ya watch food network your a "foodie" lol
Ex-Scottsdale Resident

Las Cruces, NM

#6 Feb 11, 2013
I lived in Scottsdale 10 years ago. I ate at some of the better restaurants in the area on a regular basis. All I can say is wow things must have really gone downhill since I left if you think Yello Brix is on par with those establishments. Being an actual foodie who rarely watches the Food network I can say that Yellow Brix on my list is a no go, you pay way to much for what I would consider medicore food.
walter

Hobbs, NM

#7 Feb 11, 2013
Ex-Scottsdale Resident wrote:
I lived in Scottsdale 10 years ago. I ate at some of the better restaurants in the area on a regular basis. All I can say is wow things must have really gone downhill since I left if you think Yello Brix is on par with those establishments. Being an actual foodie who rarely watches the Food network I can say that Yellow Brix on my list is a no go, you pay way to much for what I would consider medicore food.
Don't go in there at lunch wearing work clothes. Me and my wife went there for lunch and we stood there for at least 10 mins ,while the retards looked at us without saying a word,I guess my clothes were too dirty. I will never try to eat there again.
Clothing optional

Carlsbad, NM

#8 Feb 13, 2013
As long as your wife is a young hottie, make her go around in the nude!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Artesia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carlsbad cavegirls 1 hr Mad dog 22 3
Pregnancy and Carlsbad High School 88220 4 hr WOW 7
News Intrepid incentive plan gears employees away fr... 4 hr Tim 7
Little Italy - poor food 18 hr bernice 13
5th wheel camper trailer for sale 21 hr hector 2
Things I Trust More than Hillary clinton Sat Jakeco 3
brotherhood of the 74 (Jul '12) Sat joker 25
More from around the web

Artesia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE