1 Killed In Officer-Involved Shooting...

1 Killed In Officer-Involved Shooting In Cudahy

There are 28 comments on the KCBS-TV Los Angeles story from May 3, 2006, titled 1 Killed In Officer-Involved Shooting In Cudahy. In it, KCBS-TV Los Angeles reports that:

CUDAHY, Calif. A man was killed Wednesday in an officer-involved shooting in the 5100 block of Clara Street, Deputy Luis Castro of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KCBS-TV Los Angeles.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BOBBY - LOS ANGELES CA

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Dec 6, 2006
I think that the Maywood police department is doing an outstanding job i heard that the guy they shot was a real criminal who was suspected of a murder that happend just a few months before this in that same street. so please people before you start saying that the Maywood police is bad do your reseach because they know who ther dealing with.
Boca Jrs

United States

#2 Dec 10, 2006
BOBBY - LOS ANGELES CA wrote:
I think that the Maywood police department is doing an outstanding job i heard that the guy they shot was a real criminal who was suspected of a murder that happend just a few months before this in that same street. so please people before you start saying that the Maywood police is bad do your reseach because they know who ther dealing with.
I've seen Maywood-Cudahy cops in action and I would feel much safer if "corrupt mexican cops" where patroling this City, Violence is ridiculously at its highest, and so is the number of traffic citations in this city...so what are they more concerned of???'Uninsured Drivers?' or 'Gangrelated Shootings?'
CUDAHY

United States

#3 Mar 14, 2007
MAYWOOD PD IS A GANG THEMSELVES ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THEY HAVE A BADGE!!! I THINK THEY DO A F***** UP JOB!!! I THINK THAT THE SHERRIFFS SHOULD COME BACK

Since: Mar 07

United States

#4 Mar 15, 2007
CUDAHY wrote:
MAYWOOD PD IS A GANG THEMSELVES ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THEY HAVE A BADGE!!! I THINK THEY DO A F***** UP JOB!!! I THINK THAT THE SHERRIFFS SHOULD COME BACK
Damn right! More like the "mafia-in-blue". The last time I seen them around here, they were milling around the Granny's Donuts right there on Atlantic.

Typical cop behavior, eh?

P.S. The smell of bacon and apple fritters does not mix well.
Sorry to be 1

Perris, CA

#5 May 3, 2007
Just happened to stumble across this website and let me say that as I was growing up in the city of Bell I idolized the men and women in uniform. I joined the department as first an Explorer of the city of Maywoodand soon after as a sworn Peace Officer . I wore the uniform with pride and dignity until a few years later I saw all the corruption these departments had. My own raza my so call colleagues hurting their own for no reason and all I could do is stay quiet and look the other way. Throughout these years I've seen so many things that all together it's brought me down as a person and as human being. I won't generalize but I have worked cases with The City Of Bell, Maywood, Southgate and let me say that I feel for the community and the people that have to drive by those areas. For the parents of teenage girls take care of your daughters. These men in uniform pray for your daughters and utilize them. I've seen it. Take Care and remember there is one good cop out there and I do what I get paid for to serve the community. Thank You!
Rafael Santiago Jr

Los Angeles, CA

#6 May 3, 2007
I grew up in the city of Cudahy from 1980-2000 and always hung around Bell,Maywood, H.P., South Gate, and all other surrounding cities. I have to say that the police departments in these areas have overlooked some of the police officers hired. I for one moved out because I felt harrassed everytime I drove my 58 Buick/64 Tbird around that area with my friends in the car. We werent cholos but my car, my friends and I always fit the discription of a drive-by shooting. We would always get pulled over for no apparent reason and then they would warn us to go straight home so we wouldnt have any problems. I have always had problems with officers abusing their rights. I know it isnt all of them but when your leaving a party and going straight to your car and not causing a scene and you still get pepper sprayed and hit with there night sticks, and then shot with their rubber bullets??? That is when I have a problem. To this day I still get paranoid around police officers because of what I went through in the city of Cudahy from 1980-2000. I never made a report for the treatment because I felt it would just fall on deaf ears. But I will always let people know what happened to me because although things might have changed somewhat since I have left that area, their is always going to be that one bad cop that creates this feeling and tension for all..
Pancho Villa

Los Angeles, CA

#7 May 6, 2007
Rafael Santiago Jr wrote:
I grew up in the city of Cudahy from 1980-2000 and always hung around Bell,Maywood, H.P., South Gate, and all other surrounding cities. I have to say that the police departments in these areas have overlooked some of the police officers hired. I for one moved out because I felt harrassed everytime I drove my 58 Buick/64 Tbird around that area with my friends in the car. We werent cholos but my car, my friends and I always fit the discription of a drive-by shooting. We would always get pulled over for no apparent reason and then they would warn us to go straight home so we wouldnt have any problems. I have always had problems with officers abusing their rights. I know it isnt all of them but when your leaving a party and going straight to your car and not causing a scene and you still get pepper sprayed and hit with there night sticks, and then shot with their rubber bullets??? That is when I have a problem. To this day I still get paranoid around police officers because of what I went through in the city of Cudahy from 1980-2000. I never made a report for the treatment because I felt it would just fall on deaf ears. But I will always let people know what happened to me because although things might have changed somewhat since I have left that area, their is always going to be that one bad cop that creates this feeling and tension for all..
So you drove a lowrider and you, and your homies, dressed like cholos?? And you wonder why you kept getting pulled over? Why you cryin' ese???
Pancho Villa

Los Angeles, CA

#8 May 6, 2007
Sorry to be 1 wrote:
Just happened to stumble across this website and let me say that as I was growing up in the city of Bell I idolized the men and women in uniform. I joined the department as first an Explorer of the city of Maywoodand soon after as a sworn Peace Officer . I wore the uniform with pride and dignity until a few years later I saw all the corruption these departments had. My own raza my so call colleagues hurting their own for no reason and all I could do is stay quiet and look the other way. Throughout these years I've seen so many things that all together it's brought me down as a person and as human being. I won't generalize but I have worked cases with The City Of Bell, Maywood, Southgate and let me say that I feel for the community and the people that have to drive by those areas. For the parents of teenage girls take care of your daughters. These men in uniform pray for your daughters and utilize them. I've seen it. Take Care and remember there is one good cop out there and I do what I get paid for to serve the community. Thank You!
You gotta be joking! You sound to me like a woman who didn't cut it in Maywood and probably got accepted somewhere in OC. You're probably a lousy cop!
resident

Pomona, CA

#9 May 7, 2007
give santiago jr. a break he is just stating what happened to him while growing up in cudahy and makes a very good point. why do you have to go overboard with your stupid comments.
Cop

South Gate, CA

#10 May 7, 2007
To sorry to be one. What are you sorry for? That you're a cop? Nobody's forcing you to keep doing this, my friend. Just curious about your daughter comment. Utilize them? For what, or did you make a goof.
happy fourth of JULY

Covina, CA

#11 Jul 4, 2007
happy fourth of JULY
junior23

Santa Ana, CA

#12 Nov 2, 2008
*#&! all da gaywood-cagadahay cops theyre all a bunch of [email protected] corrupted A-holes. mother*!@#ers bring da whole ?#*!en department for a routine traffic violation!!
CUDAHY LOVE

AOL

#13 Nov 16, 2008
Boca Jrs wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen Maywood-Cudahy cops in action and I would feel much safer if "corrupt mexican cops" where patroling this City, Violence is ridiculously at its highest, and so is the number of traffic citations in this city...so what are they more concerned of???'Uninsured Drivers?' or 'Gangrelated Shootings?'
its all about the dollars the city gets a cut of the fines for tickets and mr. perez get's a cut from maywood club towing as a kickback for the every car they tow thats for his pocket not counting the charge the city charges you to get your car back. they towed my sisters car and she had to pay the city something like a $50.00 fee for the release paper to take to the tow company which in turn charges you city fees on top of the storage and city tax and let's not forget about the cut mr. perez gets..yeah i guess you could say they are making the city money to defend the corrupt city officals we have in city hall against the coruption charges pending...and the city manager belongs to the 18th st. gang as does his wife. now tell me it's just like back home in mexico where everyone gets rich off the people and everyone sucks up the the city council for what a turkey... what a joke
Rene Nunez

Pasadena, CA

#14 Feb 11, 2009
maywood cops are corrupt .....vascarra is form faketeen trying to take out the cudahys never .you an

“One man MAKES an army”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#15 Mar 13, 2009
I dont know whats worse, the cops baging down doors to enforce the laws of the city or those that just didnt show up. I gave up o the Sherrifs department because they gave me the run around over and over and over again, many times showing up an hour after the incident. Thanks for nothing! Maywood P.D. is strict and forceful but at least they show. Ive seen cars towed and was told by drivers they had no license,or no registration. Uh, isnt that the law? no license, no drivee drivee? I see a car filled with wannebee cholonians and Im glad to see them pulled over. what the heck are underaged kids doing with moms car? or driving around with older cholos. Where are the parents!? Ive seen them take guns and paint out of car. Would you rather want to find out if the were going to kill someone? I've been stopped several times and weeeeeeellll, I deserved it once or twice, okay, three times but when I showed my license, insurance,and registration I was let go with a warning and a not so friendly smile. I dont see a problem in that. Thats the law. People need to think about breaking laws in Cudahy, not rely on the Sherriffs never showing up. One thing though, I hate calling Maywood PD, that dispatcher is one saucey hoe. sooo rude!
58 th st

Pasadena, CA

#16 Mar 20, 2009
we need to get menchaca the f*ck out of maywood his the last cop you want on the steerts acebedo has been on the force for a long time and sees what goes on and still backs theme up sorry ass 3091
QUESTION

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Mar 20, 2009
Cudahy Blockwatcher wrote:
I dont know whats worse, the cops baging down doors to enforce the laws of the city or those that just didnt show up. I gave up o the Sherrifs department because they gave me the run around over and over and over again, many times showing up an hour after the incident. Thanks for nothing! Maywood P.D. is strict and forceful but at least they show. Ive seen cars towed and was told by drivers they had no license,or no registration. Uh, isnt that the law? no license, no drivee drivee? I see a car filled with wannebee cholonians and Im glad to see them pulled over. what the heck are underaged kids doing with moms car? or driving around with older cholos. Where are the parents!? Ive seen them take guns and paint out of car. Would you rather want to find out if the were going to kill someone? I've been stopped several times and weeeeeeellll, I deserved it once or twice, okay, three times but when I showed my license, insurance,and registration I was let go with a warning and a not so friendly smile. I dont see a problem in that. Thats the law. People need to think about breaking laws in Cudahy, not rely on the Sherriffs never showing up. One thing though, I hate calling Maywood PD, that dispatcher is one saucey hoe. sooo rude!
if you deserved it,why complain

“One man MAKES an army”

Location hidden

#18 Mar 20, 2009
QUESTION wrote:
<quoted text>if you deserved it,why complain
(shaking head) ay que pendejo
CUDAHY LOVE

United States

#19 Mar 22, 2009
Cudahy Blockwatcher wrote:
<quoted text>
(shaking head) ay que pendejo
WHY DON'T YOU GET A HOBBY NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU THINK YOU !! CUDAHY BLOCKWATCHER SUKS BIG ONES

“One man MAKES an army”

Location hidden

#20 Mar 23, 2009
CUDAHY LOVE wrote:
<quoted text>WHY DON'T YOU GET A HOBBY NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU THINK YOU !! CUDAHY BLOCKWATCHER SUKS BIG ONES
Cudahy Love just proved that stuttering is a true sign of retardedness

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Artesia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 18 min The Real Deal 7,794
News $843 million on the line in lottery jackpots is... (Jul '16) 1 hr iphonemodest552 15
News Gang Injunction Issued In Crack Down On Anaheim... (Mar '08) 3 hr OG Bird ES FTTR 617
Who shot tripps aka k.g from 18st nd at his hom... 5 hr davy 4
News Girl who came to U.S. illegally can't get loans (May '10) 13 hr Dudley 3,237
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 14 hr WPWW 20,933
Debbie Ann Brown 15 hr DEBBIE 2

Artesia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Artesia Mortgages