Redondo volunteers build a library an...

Redondo volunteers build a library and haven

There are 7 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Sep 18, 2010, titled Redondo volunteers build a library and haven. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

There are two things that I find really wonderful. Make that three things, or possibly four.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

To Karg and Singleton

Glendale, CA

#1 Sep 19, 2010
"There are two things," said Bogert, "that I find really wonderful."

"Make that three things, or possibly four. But the two things that I really like, the ones that I had in mind when I started this piece, are libraries and volunteers."

Yes, but we only talk about select groups of volunteers, the others are ignored.
But why be surprised, even Citizen Tom Paine was IGNORED,
after the great job was done.
Neil Proffitt

Camarillo, CA

#2 Sep 19, 2010
So, libraries are "places of peace and knowledge"? They're not places you tell your parents you're going so you can have fun, fun, fun,'til your daddy takes the Beemer away?
cal

Mountain Top, PA

#3 Sep 19, 2010
Dear Neil and TKaS,

Go soak your heads. Both of you.

Sincerely,

Every sane person in the South Bay.
sam american

Torrance, CA

#4 Sep 19, 2010
thats awsome to hear something indeed for the future learning of children growing up the the beach ., its also a gud thing i supose you can partie till hunows for a hefty bill $ but if its like that then shellout t he bucks ., you mite find some very insperational people their !!!.... lookk outt!!!!
To cal

Glendale, CA

#6 Sep 21, 2010
And I had a friend who thought he's Jesus.
And what does Janice think she is?

God saved the Hahns, is her belief.
cal wrote:
Dear Neil and TKaS,
Go soak your heads. Both of you.
Sincerely,
Every sane person in the South Bay.
sam i am american

Torrance, CA

#7 Sep 25, 2010
thats awsome community coming together for a positive build ., i had an oppertunity ., too spend about 6mths homless their i was networking for a new job and residency ., unfortunately i was unable too find any thing before the police asked me to never step foot in towne obviously with out arrest i was doing nothing wrong ...!! asked why it was told to me that my efforts of makeing freinds in the community were not welcomed . what i was doing was passing out my resume for employment to residents that i thought may benifit from my freindship what ever that may be in my mind and true intentions ., what do you think....!?... so i followed with a complaint !!.. but like i said i am american so nomatter howcorrect and whrite i am . i was still being discrimination discrimated against becouse of being english american idiott., i could see this in the officer's eyes it was like he was following orders or his their discision was being clouded by someother outer source ... it hurt me soo simply becouse alot of resources sre in redondo for americans in transition.......nakano !! i met around 30 homeless men and women including teens in redondo (aswellas wanted criminals siteings it was like whale watching i swear).. that could have been included in voleentering purposess not just for the build " but for civic community purposes .... so any ways that guy groping that girl in her home ..! i saw him 2 weeks before he footage on ktla sevral times even in front of sammie the eagle with a girl also walking around about 2thirTY AM ... YOU KNOW IM REALLY A GUD HEARTED PERSON WHO MESSED UP BUT I AM AMERICAN , AMERICANS ARE CONSPIRED TO MAKE MISTAKES FOR A POLITICAL GAIN SOMETHIONG I DO RESEARCH ON!!! "CRIMES AGAINST AMERICANS"..........PROS AND CONS INCLUDED..... BUT I LOVE THE PLACE I VISITED THEIR AS A KID MYSELF PICKING UP .. THOSE BUGS OUT OF THE SAND AS THEY WASHED ASHORE..! THEIR NO LONGER THEIR . I THINK ......ANYWAYS IN EVERY COMMUNITY THEIR EXIST AN ANTI AMERICAN AGENDAD SECRET SOCOIETIE!.......BE GUD REDONDO BEACH..! IN COCNITTLE PERHAPS..
To Sam I Am in Torrance

Northridge, CA

#8 Sep 26, 2010
We also were volunteers, at CAPH in Torrance. And we tried to improve the conditions for our physically disabled/handicapped people. Yes, Mayor Katy Geissert was supportive, but many others in the city certainly were not, because we were an independent group of individuals, and not part of the entrenched network.

Not much different it was in San Pedro, when we were part of Maggie Kuhn's "Gray Panthers" organization. But so it goes, when you are independent. It should be the other way around. One would think that independence in America would be cherished and honored.

But that is NOT the case, one has to be "cooperative"! And so CAPH in the South Bay fizzled out, and also the Gray Panthers. Not much different it was with the "Active 20-30 Club" in Torrance. My friend Sgt. Ron Ingram was a member, and so was Lt. Paul Nowatka.

Only select groups are allowed to prosper, and as I had mentioned before, even our Donauschwaben were "merged" into that strange "German-American League" [Torrance]; and then their hands were tied, like the mayor's [and Capt. Popp's] were in Torrance.

And so far, NO ONE has ever investigated that un-American and utterly undemocratic behavior. Nobody even mentioned it before.

"Wake Up, America!" I wrote in 1996, and in 2011 I am finally able to publish a revised and also expanded new edition. I am not "grounded" as John Bogert is, but I'm severely handicapped in many other ways. One obstacle is my financial limitations, after I have been a victim of so many crimes committed, over the past thirty years, starting with the million-dollar-embezzlement in 1978. Our building permit was "canceled" in Carson, in 1979. That's
after our warehouse had been cleaned-out two times [1978/79].

Re: Californians for Disability Rights [CDR] is the oldest and largest membership organization of persons with disabilities in California. Originally organized in 1970 as the California Association of the Physically Handicapped--CAPH--with five members, CDR has grown to become an effective and widely respected cross-disability advocacy force.

One key to CDR's three decades of progress is that it is much more than a single-issue or single-disability group. CDR represents all persons with disabilities in California. Guided by this trans-disability principle, CDR and its members fight for the independence, dignity and equality of all disabled persons.
To Karg and Singleton wrote:
"There are two things," said Bogert, "that I find really wonderful."
"Make that three things, or possibly four. But the two things that I really like, the ones that I had in mind when I started this piece, are libraries and volunteers."
Yes, but we only talk about select groups of volunteers, the others are ignored.
But why be surprised, even Citizen Tom Paine was IGNORED,
after the great job was done.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Artesia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 1 hr other coach 6,609
people in military bases in France in the sixties (Mar '07) 1 hr Fred 3,456
Councilwoman Vanessa Delgado Attempted to Extor... 2 hr Truth Squad 7
Montebello unprepared 2 hr Reality 3
Montebello City Council 2 hr Reality 9
Clueless Delgado 4 hr Rkrlou 4
Is Montebello CM and COUNCIL following the city... 4 hr Reality 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Artesia Mortgages