Man shot in apparent gang-related sho...

Man shot in apparent gang-related shooting in Artesia

There are 38 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Feb 27, 2008, titled Man shot in apparent gang-related shooting in Artesia. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

A man was wounded early this morning in what authorities believe was a gang-related shooting.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
shootings

Long Beach, CA

#1 Feb 27, 2008
What's going on their has been a shooting everyday for the past three days in the hawaiian gardens, artesia, norwalk area !!!!

STOP THE ALL THE INNOCENT KILLING!!!!!!!!
anonymous

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Jul 15, 2008
I was there yesterday and overheard the victims friend and the victims sister who were all with the victim talking to gang detective Herrera. They said that a car pulled up and a latino male exited the vehicle claiming Hawaiian Garden varrio gang and just started shooting at the victim who was apparantly shot 4 times in the back! Another sad loss due to gangs beefing with other gangs.....
gangs are stupid

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#8 Nov 6, 2008
zone rest.in.piss i know his hyna is about to have a rat baby click click bang HaWaIIaN GaRDENS MaLDITOS 187 ON RaTS

Grow the hell up!!! Don't you people have anything better to do? Seriously, the majority of you live at home with mommy, have no job, get high, and drink all day. And then you trash your city by writing your ridiculas names on walls, and run around hiding behind guns killing people. Get a life, or better yet go on the front lines of this war, and kill each other. You're a waste of our oxygen, food and everything else that is essential to live. I don't care what kind of background you come from, you have a major advantage to live here in the states, and you do nothing with it, but waste your life away, and kill people. All of you gang members are scum of the earth, you're like cockroaches that never go away. I hope you all die by killing each other.
Diane

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#9 Nov 13, 2008
Regarding the last person's comment that reads: "I don't care what kind of background you come from, you have a major advantage to live here in the states." While gang members do make their own choices (ie. they have agency in their lives) It looks like you are coming from a position of privilege because you make an ignorant assumption about a) the gang member's country of origin (your statement implies that they are immigrants - or "not from here") b) you assume that life is great here for everyone - it's not. It's note even near great - I know you will probably follow up with some old/tired American myths about how "everyone has access to opportunities in America..." or, "a lot of people have hard lives but some people succeed." Gangs and poverty are a product of the racism and marginalization of certain groups in America. It's so clear yet people dont want to face this reality because then it makes the rest of us accountable. i understand your anger and I dont want innocent people to die - I don't want anyone to die because of gangs - but I have hope for everyone and I have the knowledge that allows me to look at things analytically without sticking to a narrow point of view that makes it very easy to blame one party.
Wendy in Downey

Los Angeles, CA

#12 Feb 11, 2009
Diane wrote:
Regarding the last person's comment that reads: "I don't care what kind of background you come from, you have a major advantage to live here in the states." While gang members do make their own choices (ie. they have agency in their lives) It looks like you are coming from a position of privilege because you make an ignorant assumption about a) the gang member's country of origin (your statement implies that they are immigrants - or "not from here") b) you assume that life is great here for everyone - it's not. It's note even near great - I know you will probably follow up with some old/tired American myths about how "everyone has access to opportunities in America..." or, "a lot of people have hard lives but some people succeed." Gangs and poverty are a product of the racism and marginalization of certain groups in America. It's so clear yet people dont want to face this reality because then it makes the rest of us accountable. i understand your anger and I dont want innocent people to die - I don't want anyone to die because of gangs - but I have hope for everyone and I have the knowledge that allows me to look at things analytically without sticking to a narrow point of view that makes it very easy to blame one party.
That was a lot of Hot Air coming from a bleeding heart Liberal. Get a back bone, and take a few gang members into your house feed them, and see how long it takes for the bullets to start flying. Stop the Meds they making you loopy.
patty

Beverly Hills, CA

#16 Feb 23, 2009
it doesnt matter how hard life is. i live in artesia aka chivas and i am proud to say i have never been reltaed in any gangs. poverty doesnt turn you into a gangster, people do it because they think it makes them better. wrong, people that are dying because of illnesses wish that they would live another day to appreciate life, while others destroy their own. god bless all those ignorant people out there.
hmmmmmmm

Torrance, CA

#18 Mar 13, 2009
I don't know why people bother leaving remarks to or about these people. It's so useless. These scum of the earth, parasites probably are unable to operate a computer anyways to read out opinion.
kimberlysexY

Corona, CA

#19 May 9, 2009
all theses gangs are a waste of time...they got nothing better to do but to write there slave names up on a wall...or shoot in other cities or even there own people...all theses gansters can rottt in hell...there up to no good..arent these gansters suppose to be tuff? there scared of evreyone they will not put up a fight with any regular person they need weapons and there whole gang to kill or jump an innocent 16 yr old kid..waste of time..the will all end up in hell or dead so its all good...
VHGR

Culver City, CA

#20 May 21, 2009
HAWWAIIAN GARDENS
concerned

Los Angeles, CA

#21 May 22, 2009
gangs are stupid wrote:
zone rest.in.piss i know his hyna is about to have a rat baby click click bang HaWaIIaN GaRDENS MaLDITOS 187 ON RaTS
Grow the hell up!!! Don't you people have anything better to do? Seriously, the majority of you live at home with mommy, have no job, get high, and drink all day. And then you trash your city by writing your ridiculas names on walls, and run around hiding behind guns killing people. Get a life, or better yet go on the front lines of this war, and kill each other. You're a waste of our oxygen, food and everything else that is essential to live. I don't care what kind of background you come from, you have a major advantage to live here in the states, and you do nothing with it, but waste your life away, and kill people. All of you gang members are scum of the earth, you're like cockroaches that never go away. I hope you all die by killing each other.
whats so funny about these HG punks is that they take there orders from an old hood rat named PEARL WHO TAKES HER ORDERS FROM OREGON. listen punks. pearl isn't anything just like her socalled gang.(DOG PATCH ). HER SON DAVID RUINED THAT AREA OF PARAMOUNT WITH THERE STUPID SHIT. and on another note. 90% of your gang bangers are in protective custody while in prison because they are basically all rats and cowards and they all know it. that is why they do the things they do.
felix

Fort Mohave, AZ

#22 Feb 2, 2010
varrio artesia peewee loko big malo say head giver killer die slow my 44 make sure your kids dont grow

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#24 Feb 9, 2010
V.LSR'Ls
Big Bad Varrio Los Sanchez Restaurant
Orale to the homies:
Super Burritos
Seafood Entries
Sanchez Dinners
Soft Tacos
Enchiladas
Caldos
Breakfast
PLUS
Side Orders

WHAT NOW PUNK!!

Garden Grove Blvd & West Street
Come Through Any Day.

"Sonora Style Mexican Food"
VHGR13 LQTS

Sylmar, CA

#26 Aug 13, 2010
hmmmmmmm wrote:
I don't know why people bother leaving remarks to or about these people. It's so useless. These scum of the earth, parasites probably are unable to operate a computer anyways to read 0out opinion.
HAHA DUMB ASS HERE IS TRYING TO TALK SHIT BUT CANT EVEN SPELL "OUR"
INSTEAD HE PUT "OUT"
DONT YOU FEEL RETARDED!!
El Campeon

Torrance, CA

#27 Aug 16, 2010
Does anybody know who was this person that got shot and where abouts? It just shows these knuckle heads have nothing better to do.
roland guerrero

Claremont, CA

#28 Sep 11, 2010
as a former gang leader-founder of the artesia 190s in l.a.c.o,thank god im past that,and for victory outreach santa ana.further comments [email protected] aka spooky
xOAT TOWN

Moreno Valley, CA

#29 Oct 21, 2010
CHIVAS GANG FU** HEADGIVERS PUTOS!
innocent bystander

Moreno Valley, CA

#32 Dec 7, 2010
on friday..there was a shooting in front of my house i had just went in side and my friends were outside still talking...some guys walked up to my friends and started shooting thank god they saw them and ran before they got shot...i cant believe this happend to my friends it was so scary just the thought of them being hurt. i was to scared to ran out and see if they were ok..they arent even gang members what is this world coming to where u cant even be in front of ur own house with out being outside...btw only white family on my street.. ridiculous right!!
hgwwqdf

Artesia, CA

#35 Jan 4, 2011
xOAT TOWN wrote:
CHIVAS GANG FU** HEADGIVERS PUTOS!
f... chivas hg south east la hawaiian gardens
hgwwqdf

Artesia, CA

#36 Jan 4, 2011
south east la 187 rats cops
gangs in cerritos why

Cerritos, CA

#37 Feb 23, 2011

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Artesia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr LeavesPharts 33,407
News Sweep targets local gang (Nov '08) 7 hr secret Asian man 125
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 8 hr Huh 9,100
people in military bases in France in the sixties (Mar '07) 13 hr Robert Rosenthal 3,658
La Mirada Music Thread (Oct '15) 14 hr Musikologist 4
JCS admits scamming Mtb 16 hr Tick Tick Tick 7
Downey High School Haunted? (Jul '09) Fri Jema 26

Artesia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Artesia Mortgages