Since: Mar 09

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Electronic cigarettes may appear to be the latest fad to many. After smoking for twenty years I was looking for an alternative to smoking that would help me. I just didn't know much about them and surfed the web looking for information. I found many sites that were selling them but couldn't find much information about them.

As I continued to look around, a friend was telling me how they helped him kick the habit. While suggesting that I look for electroniccigarettesstop(dot)c om because it helped him. This place had reviews that included the information I was looking for. How they work, what I need to get started and the mechanics of them.

The articles caught my interest talking about all the talk and propaganda around electronic cigarettes. They separated the truth from all the myths being spread out there about the product.

If anybody has thought about switching to electronic cigarettes I recommend looking for a place like this. I got what they call a starter kit about a month ago. After two weeks using this one called Green Smoke I haven't lit up one cigarette since then. I've also got an old pickle jar and been dumping the cash that I would have spent on regular cigarettes in it. It's starting to add up and I might need a bigger jar in the future.

Best of all, I'm starting to feel better and not breathing hard after doing some work in the back yard for thirty minutes. These are better than any nicotine gum or patches I've found available in retail stores.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Great article wrote:
Electronic cigarettes may appear to be the latest fad to many. After smoking for twenty years I was looking for an alternative to smoking that would help me. I just didn't know much about them and surfed the web looking for information. I found many sites that were selling them but couldn't find much information about them.
As I continued to look around, a friend was telling me how they helped him kick the habit. While suggesting that I look for electroniccigarettesstop(dot)c om because it helped him. This place had reviews that included the information I was looking for. How they work, what I need to get started and the mechanics of them.
The articles caught my interest talking about all the talk and propaganda around electronic cigarettes. They separated the truth from all the myths being spread out there about the product.
If anybody has thought about switching to electronic cigarettes I recommend looking for a place like this. I got what they call a starter kit about a month ago. After two weeks using this one called Green Smoke I haven't lit up one cigarette since then. I've also got an old pickle jar and been dumping the cash that I would have spent on regular cigarettes in it. It's starting to add up and I might need a bigger jar in the future.
Best of all, I'm starting to feel better and not breathing hard after doing some work in the back yard for thirty minutes. These are better than any nicotine gum or patches I've found available in retail stores.
Great article.

It is becoming clear even to the most anti-social diehard "Liberal" that the Government's interest in the "health" of the citizenry has nothing to do with health, but rather, it has everything to do with thieving politicians' satisfying their addiction to ever more worker *("middle")* class tax money for purposes of increasing levels of taxation and greater Government control. Big Government's sudden interest in beneficial electronic "cigarettes" proves the point.

Big Government political bosses are having their high paid bureaucratic minions use the same Government developed "junk science" to "prove" electronic "cigarettes" are in some way "unhealthy". After all, decent tobacco users all die and Government's "junk science" "proves" all of those deaths are tobacco "related" in some way. The Government "news" media can be expected to hysterically promote the idea that Governmental "junk science" "proves" the deaths of decent users of electronic "cigarettes" are somehow electronic "cigarette" "related. With the arrival of electronic "cigarettes" the corrupt political ruling class stands to lose $billions of hard earned taxpayer money. Government tax and control masters have convinced millions of decent tobacco users of the lie that tobacco use is "bad for the users and children's health". Many of of those hard working decent victims are taking up the simple worker *("middle")* class pleasure of enjoying electronic "cigarettes" to avoid heavy Government imposed tobacco taxes as well as being granted life everlasting.

The abuse Government tax and control masters have long suffered upon decent tobacco users is small potatoes compared to the Obamacare tax scheme which targets mostly decent non-tobacco users for the same specious justification of "health". The political tag-team of Democrat gangsters and their Republican pals will be played out in "opposition" to Obamacare to the extent that responsibility can be attributed to the "other" side. Then, just like the phony "opposition" to the war against decent hard working tobacco users, the "team" will unite in common purpose.

What is surprising about the Obamacare tax, though, is that it was the Government's corrupt legal system that admitted Obamacare is a tax, pure and simple, a heavy tax and control vehicle that will be primarily suffered upon our decent non-tobacco using taxpaying minority friends - including women and people of color.

Ronald
The Mad Man

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Great article wrote:
I understand your point about the 'electronic cigarettes' but as I also understand, they contain nicotine. Are your really replacing one product with another?

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

The Mad Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your point about the 'electronic cigarettes' but as I also understand, they contain nicotine. Are your really replacing one product with another?
I really enjoyed the points made in the comment before this one. I will do my best to reply with that in mind.

I've continued to read about this product. I did a lot of research before making the decision to give them a try. What I find hilarious about some articles I've read is that electronic cigarettes contain nicotine which is a toxic. First of all, that's not true. The amount of toxicity is SO small, it could be compared to a particle of sand.

What's even funnier is that the FDA has come out to say, "They haven't been around that long. We just don't know the long term effects of them." So let's put those two together and look at the track record. If nicotine is toxic, why are the store shelves covered with products like nicotine gum and nicotine patches that contain the same "product"? Which you have approved and made available for sale?

Sounds to me like "Big Money" isn't getting a piece of the pie and are not very happy about it. Because it's gobbling up the big pie they had in their back pocket, "Big Tobacco" and are chewing it apart.

To answer your other question, from the research I've done I see most of these products have a total of four ingredients. While regular cigarettes have up to 500 chemicals in them. It gets higher when you light one up. The combustion of a regular cigarette raises the number to almost 5,000 that you are inhaling.

After reading all that, the choice appeared simple to me. While I have 60% more cash in my pocket. Hmm... wonder where all that is coming from? Tobacco cigarettes are still the highest taxed commodity for sale in the United States.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

The Mad Man wrote:
<quoted text>
The Mad Man.

What's wrong with nicotine now, for goodness snakes? Expensive Government nicotine patches are being sold by Government controlled pharmaceutical companies. Has the corrupt political ruling class given up on taxing decent worker *("middle")* class tobacco users unto "death" and decided to "kill" them with nicotine patches instead? How about expensive Government approved nicotine gum? Who will make up for the confiscatory level of tobacco taxes if Big Government "kills" all of the decent tobacco users with nicotine patches? Has Big Government written into the Obamacare tax law enough taxation to account for the loss of harassed and overtaxed decent tobacco users who would switch to Government nicotine patches under IRS administered Obamacare rules?

Most of my non-tobacco user of good-will friends like nothing better than healthy diets of tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant, tea, all kinds of peppers and healthy immune system strengthening capsicums, as well as cauliflower. It should surprise no one that all of those foods contain nicotine.

The elderly Baby Boomer generation rebelled against their parental generation. One of means of rebellion was to reject the use of beneficial tobacco products in favor of addiction to mind rotting pot. The result is that the nation is now burdened with increasing numbers of zonked-out elderly Baby Boomers who suffer from Alzheimer's related dementia and obesity.

Under the title of "Nicotine Benefits", Wanda Hamilton wrote a paper about what was common knowledge among the medical industry more than 20 years ago - that nicotine has a prophylactic effect that guards against Alzheimer's related dementia and Parkinson's disease, and that its effects can treat many other debilities that would either go untreated, or otherwise be "treated" by dangerous Government approved "legal" drugs, the "side effects" of which leads to greater dependency on even more dangerous Government drugs. Here is a link to Hamilton's article:

Source: http://tinyurl.com/4z5lmp

Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
The Mad Man.

Most of my non-tobacco user of good-will friends like nothing better than healthy diets of tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant, tea, all kinds of peppers and healthy immune system strengthening capsicums, as well as cauliflower. It should surprise no one that all of those foods contain nicotine.

Under the title of "Nicotine Benefits", Wanda Hamilton wrote a paper about what was common knowledge among the medical industry more than 20 years ago - that nicotine has a prophylactic effect that guards against Alzheimer's related dementia and Parkinson's disease, and that its effects can treat many other debilities that would either go untreated, or otherwise be "treated" by dangerous Government approved "legal" drugs, the "side effects" of which leads to greater dependency on even more dangerous Government drugs. Here is a link to Hamilton's article:
Source: http://tinyurl.com/4z5lmp
Ronald
Thanks for the replies, Ronald. You made excellent points of view in both of them. I'll bet most readers thought nicotine could only be derived from a tobacco plant. Eggplant, peppers and tea may not be part of many diets today. I would bet the other two are. Potatoes and tomatoes play a big role in many diets. Enjoying that backed potato, some mashed potatoes or a plate of Mom's potato salad. Think of all the sauces where the tomato is the base ingredient along with salads or toppings for sandwiches and burgers. While you thought you enjoyed ketchup just because it went well with mustard on a hot dog or was perfect to dip those french fries in. Maybe it was just the nicotine and you are addicted to it.

I believe all plants were put on this earth because of the benefits they could supply to humanity. Be it done by the Creator of whoever you believe in. As Ronald stated this has been proven with nicotine. The health advantages to Tetrahydrocannabinols (THC) are becoming more apparent everyday. It has been proven that the human body has receptors that are screaming out for some. So what's the problem here? Again, there was no money in it for "Big Money". At least, that's what they want you to believe. So they made it demonic starting in the 60s followed by President Nixon claiming a War on Drugs and shoved cannabis into that category.

I have found the same with electronic cigarettes. They offer you another choice for smoking without the smoke. This has been fought in the courts since 2010 by the alphabet agencies. Number one being the Fraud and Death Association (FDA). They lost their first case by a Federal District Court Judge while being sued by two of the first companies on the market.

In an article, "United States Court of Appeals Rules Against the FDA" written by an author that shall remain nameless, they lost a second court trial. Trying to repeal the decision of the first judge. The FDA made the argument that electronic cigarettes should be marketed as a drug device. We all know the FDA prevents the sale of any dangerous drug and prevents them from getting on store shelves.

The Federal Appeals Court ruled, "Electronic cigarettes can be regulated only as tobacco products under the 'Family Smoking Prevention' and 'Tobacco Control Act' which defines tobacco products as those 'derived from tobacco' unless they are marketed as a therapeutic device, which reputable brands of electronic cigarettes are not." The FDA lost the case 5 to 4 vote.

Now the FDA continues to be the center of many articles stating they are currently working on regulations and legislation to ban or restrict the use of electronic cigarettes. Did they forget the last ruling that is discussed in the paragraph prior to this one?

Source: http://bit.ly/180EbSo
Ronald

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

I think the government should set standards for our nutrition and enforce those with laws. You don't follow the law, you get imprisoned.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
I think the government should set standards for our nutrition and enforce those with laws. You don't follow the law, you get imprisoned.
Ronald Wannabe.

Exactly. Once the corrupt political ruling class fully implements the Obamacare tax, Government's "health" enforcement arm - the IRS - will see to it that us kids will no longer be able to eat Halloween candy. Of course, that policy is subject to change. If enough support for "change" *(of the latest politically correct trendy kind, of course)* is shown by Big Chocolate political activists, the Government licensed "news" media may salt "the news" with the latest Big Chocolate marketing department "study" that is designed to show "the health benefits" of chocolate eating.

Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

One of the interesting things I've noticed in researching is where you can purchase electronic cigarettes. Since their debut in late 2009, the only place you could purchase them is online. I'm sure that had a lot to do with Big Money not being part of it and not wanting them in the public eye.

As I spoke of earlier, Big Money has been battling them in the court system since 2010 and lost every case. Coming to the realization that they would keep losing it appears they came to a conclusion. "Instead of fighting this with no victory in site, we should be getting a piece of it."

I've noticed in my reading that three of the biggest tobacco companies have jumped on the band wagon. Lorilard bought out Blu Cig which appears to be one of the first big ones that came into the market. I go into a Wal-Mart once a year if that. Which is where I found this brand when I became interested. I was not happy with the product. The vapor was okay but the flavor didn't last very long with this brand of electronic cigarette.

I asked some friends who use electronic cigarettes and I got a "That's too bad" reply from them. Telling me if I wanted to find the quality brands of electronic cigarettes I needed to look online. Not in retail stores. I guess that goes with the old saying, "You get what you paid for."

I started looking for one in particular that many were supporting and came across the following article, "Can You Buy Green Smoke In Stores?" This had good information and suggested the same that other people were saying. The first advantage is that you won't have to spend any money gas. Which is a plus with the way gasoline prices are today. The other advantage is that you'll be able to use your keyboard and shop from the screen in front of you. Taking your time and not feeling rushed into make any decision. That's always a good thing and you are more likely to be pleased with the decision you make.

Source: http://bit.ly/1hFhU3O
Leanne Witt

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

E-Cigarettes are a real good alternative to smoking tobacco. I myself tried various ways to quit tobacco but was unable to do so until I heard of e-cigarette and I used it as an alternative to quitting tobacco.

I got my first E-Cigarette Kit from boostedvapor(dot)com and the product worked wonders now I do not feel like smoking tobacco anymore.

If anybody has thought of finding an alternative to quitting tobacco than e-cigarettes are a good option.

I am really happy to quit tobacco.
Justin

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

Leanne Witt wrote:
E-Cigarettes are a real good alternative to smoking tobacco. I myself tried various ways to quit tobacco but was unable to do so until I heard of e-cigarette and I used it as an alternative to quitting tobacco.
I got my first E-Cigarette Kit from electroniccigarettesstop(dot)c om and the product worked wonders now I do not feel like smoking tobacco anymore.
If anybody has thought of finding an alternative to quitting tobacco than e-cigarettes are a good option.
I am really happy to quit tobacco.
I agree with you. Electronic cigarettes are the best alternative I have found to replace lighting up. I was disappointed with one I purchased in a retail store. Then a friend online told me to avoid the stores. Purchase online only. Better prices and quality.
After going to electroniccigarettesstop(dot)c om I found myself reading all the articles and information. After choosing the green smoke brand, I received it in five days with FREE shipping. That was about two months ago and I have not lit up any rolled tobacco for six weeks now.
I would recommend them to anyone thinking about kicking the butts for a new year's resolution. All the holiday discounts are here and will continue online through the end of the year. I'm going to purchase a couple for some friends. The perfect holiday gift.
Brad

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2013

Hats off to all the comments here. I wanted to throw my in. I would have never believed it but the urge is gone. I have not lit up a cigarette for over 6 months and threw out all those lighters and ashtrays.

You get so use to the smell that you are not aware of the odor. I could never figure out why people made an extra effort to go around me in public. Now I know. I can smell a cigarette burning from someone who may be twenty feet away from me.

Most of all the savings have been more than I could imagine. When I reach that one year anniversary I'm sure I will have enough saved to afford a vacation for the wife and myself.

Stop giving those who are filthy rich already your hard earned money. Make the switch to an electronic cigarette and join the rest of us in our victory!
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2013

Brad wrote:
Hats off to all the comments here. I wanted to throw my in. I would have never believed it but the urge is gone. I have not lit up a cigarette for over 6 months and threw out all those lighters and ashtrays.
You get so use to the smell that you are not aware of the odor. I could never figure out why people made an extra effort to go around me in public. Now I know. I can smell a cigarette burning from someone who may be twenty feet away from me.
Most of all the savings have been more than I could imagine. When I reach that one year anniversary I'm sure I will have enough saved to afford a vacation for the wife and myself.
Stop giving those who are filthy rich already your hard earned money. Make the switch to an electronic cigarette and join the rest of us in our victory!
Brad.

Nearly the entire price of tobacco products is Government taxes. Tobacco is an entry level so-called "drug" that is used to satisfy the addiction to ever increasing taxes of tax addicted politicians. Big Government typically uses tobacco as a means to set legal precedence for going after its true objective, the many more numerous non-tobacco users - most of whom are decent non-tobacco users of good-will. Since Big Government nationalized Big Tobacco, both Government taxes as well as Big Tobacco profits have never been greater. A corresponding increase of taxes of all kind has been suffered upon decent non-tobacco users at the same time.

You are right when you say that the hysterical "sniffer" crowd are the same people who jump up to sniff Government bus seats where cute guys have sat. Isn't it ironic that their progenitors were out conquering worlds, yet, their effete progeny flee in terror from the pleasant smell of burning tobacco?

In addition, despite expensive tax and control related taxpayer funded Government propaganda to the contrary, most tobacco users are as healthy as or healthier than are most non-tobacco users. Most decent tobacco users live just as long as, or longer than, most decent non-tobacco users.

Let us not forget that one of Big Government's favorite tricks is to "Kick 'em in the butt so hard that they will say THANK YOU! for not kicking any harder". This is the tactic high paid Big Government operatives *(60s 70s era druggies)* have employed against decent hard working Loyal American tobacco users.

Ronald

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Artesia Discussions

Search the Artesia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 8 min Sins of the Father 4,855
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 42 min REPENT JUDGES REPENT 200,221
Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 1 hr The right is wrong 2,225
Judge orders Wells Fargo to reverse $203 millio... (Aug '10) 1 hr yikes 56
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Chet Booswahnicki 18,495
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 3 hr RiccardoFire 7,816
Lawsuit filed to stop La Habra Heights City Hal... (Oct '13) 5 hr Amused Observer 3
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at July 12 at 1:07PM PDT

•••
•••

Artesia News Video

•••
•••

Artesia Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Artesia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE