Artemus School to be Arts Center

Artemus School to be Arts Center

There are 25 comments on the TheTimesTribune.com story from Aug 27, 2009, titled Artemus School to be Arts Center. In it, TheTimesTribune.com reports that:

By Samantha Swindler/Managing Editor Children will soon be roaming the halls of the old Artemus school once again - this time as part of the new Sarah Kathrn Ramsey Performing Arts Center.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TheTimesTribune.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
WOW

Bolivar, MO

#1 Aug 27, 2009
i have a question about this! Who will this be for everyone or certain people or what?
Knox Co Chamber

United States

#2 Aug 27, 2009
Though it may take time, even years to get truly up and going...it will be for everyone who wants to learn some form of culture. This includes painting, music, pottery, quilting and theater.
Yes, people may have to pay for these lessons, but we can't expect everyone to work for free.
passingby

London, KY

#3 Sep 4, 2009
Excellence of taste in the fine arts and humanities, also known as high culture, So Artemus is the future location of a county or regional school for the arts? What a interesting endeavor for the people of Knox Co and south east Ky this area has know a lot of suffering and been labeld with so many derogatory titels about its heritage, by the rest of the nation and world,This would take nothing less the real vision and pure courage, dedication, and Love for the arts and desire to grow as people hope it works out well for many years to come.
airplane girl

Marion, KY

#4 Sep 4, 2009
Will they be accepting donations from the public for kids who cannot afford to attend classes. Also, will they be doing any kind of sewing classes for kids to learn sewing skills? It will be nice to use the old school again.
Barbourville Citizen

Greenbrier, AR

#5 Dec 29, 2009
Thank Goodness that we finally have something locally for our children to learn everything from music to gymnastics! I wish them well and I will personally be enrolling my child very soon for music lessons!
artemus grad

Science Hill, KY

#6 Dec 29, 2009
It would be great if this really happens..I have many fond memories of my days there..I too hate that this area has a reputation for being backwards illiterates..I graduated from Artemus at the top of my class and I have to say I had great teachers who tried their best to teach their pupils..I will be signing up for whatever classes they offer just so I can visit the o;d stomping grounds.
wise

London, KY

#7 Dec 30, 2009
This is so great. we need more arts and music in this town. Everything is better with art, and I am so excited to hear about this!!
taylor

United States

#8 Dec 30, 2009
they already teach gymnastics up there. have a really good program. my grand-daughter goes.
concerned

United States

#9 Dec 30, 2009
There is also ballet & art classes and piano lessons as well.
matt

Corbin, KY

#10 Dec 31, 2009
it`s free no charge
well

Corbin, KY

#11 Dec 31, 2009
so is this going to be just a learning center or and actuall school with the basic curricullium also .(and yes i know that is spelt wrong ).. the reason i want to know is cause in the cities they have actuall schools that not only teach the basics but they fit the arts and performing arts into the curricullum also .. i would love to enroll my grandchildren in this if its and actuall school .and would be willing to pay a tuition if nessacary
concerned

United States

#12 Dec 31, 2009
Group and private lessons are available. It is not free but it is reasonable
parent

Winchester, KY

#13 Dec 31, 2009
airplane girl wrote:
Will they be accepting donations from the public for kids who cannot afford to attend classes. Also, will they be doing any kind of sewing classes for kids to learn sewing skills? It will be nice to use the old school again.
I would love for my daughter to learning sewing. Where can we learn more about this
helpful

United States

#14 Dec 31, 2009
As far as I know there is no sewing classes. Check out the website www.eliteartsky.com Just gynmastics, ballet, music (piano, guitar & banjo)& art classes.
parent

Corbin, KY

#15 Jan 3, 2010
how much does it cost or is it free
tax payer

Corbin, KY

#16 Jan 3, 2010
does knox co own it
informant

London, KY

#17 Jan 3, 2010
if i were you i would check certification before i sent my child there.
dying to know

Corbin, KY

#18 Jan 3, 2010
do the hopper`s own it
like it

Green Forest, AR

#19 Jan 3, 2010
Kenneth Ramsey owns it but it is run by Rebecca Hampton. Its a great place for kids and they take the kids safety very serious.
wondering

Corbin, KY

#20 Jan 3, 2010
are they like together

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Artemus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min ChromiuMan 149,643
Bell has the biggest drug alcohol epedemic 50 min Drugs 5
go trump 1 hr ethics 8
Anyone seen Kilgore fight ? 2 hr Facts 71
Pineville's going wet! 6 hr reopen 7
Albert Hensley-Arjay 6 hr Donna 24
Jason York-KSP, all of his muder cases being no... Jul 15 Corbin911 1

Artemus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Artemus Mortgages