EXTRA CONTENT: Knox Board of Educatio...

EXTRA CONTENT: Knox Board of Education votes to end 'reciprocal agreement' with Corbin Schools

There are 47 comments on the www.thenewsjournal.net story from Jan 17, 2010, titled EXTRA CONTENT: Knox Board of Education votes to end 'reciprocal agreement' with Corbin Schools. In it, www.thenewsjournal.net reports that:

Move sends shockwave of concern through many parents; could cost Corbin Schools over $500,000 annually A vote by Knox County Board of Education members to end an agreement that allows students in the district to attend Corbin schools, and vice versa, without paying tuition has sent shockwave of concern among parents and school leaders.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.thenewsjournal.net.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
JUST A NOBODY

Corbin, KY

#41 Jan 23, 2010
give knox county a million dollars for their kids and see what they get? i can tell you, same teachers same curricullum same low test scores. so band no theater class no nothing. before all of these 169 kids switched to corbin what did all of the funds benefit then?
read it

London, KY

#42 Jan 24, 2010
go to barbourville topics and type in knox central and see what they say about the school.
lcgrad

Corbin, KY

#43 Jan 24, 2010
do you really think west knox or lc will receive any of this money,lol look at kc gym, then look at lynn camps gym, their gym money weny to kc new school, lc and wk get nothing
same old same

Winchester, KY

#44 Jan 24, 2010
lcgrad wrote:
do you really think west knox or lc will receive any of this money,lol look at kc gym, then look at lynn camps gym, their gym money weny to kc new school, lc and wk get nothing
Yes this is so very true!
Think again

Helenwood, TN

#45 Jan 24, 2010
JUST A NOBODY wrote:
<quoted text>we can tell you went to knox central which is a knox county school your spelling and grammer is WAY off
It's spelled g r a m m a r.

Somerset, KY

#46 Jan 24, 2010
Concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
If she is still in school, you will have to pay tuition for her to go to Knox Co. next year as well. There are also 30+ kids who live in the Corbin district who choose to go to Knox County schools for one reason or another that will have to pay tuition.
Corbin will allow those kids to attend Knox Co. they recipricate even if Knox will not.
from louisville

Louisville, KY

#47 Jul 16, 2010
I moved to Knox County with my mom and sister when I was in the 6th grade from Louisville. After that year we moved back home. It wouldnt have been the same as home no matter where we moved, but it was shocking. Art class was coloring book pages brought in by the students, and music was a lady with a banjo going from class to class and different schools. Looking back that part was actually cool and I learned songs that I would have never learned otherwise. I even saw that lady on KET one day. The coloring book thing sucked though. I did have some pretty good teachers that year, and made some good freinds. It was odd that there were no black students, but I have heard that that has changed and that in those days most black kids went to Boone. Knox County was and is a beautiful place. My family is really from there originally. That being said I really hope things have gotton better than they were then as far as education, but there are problems everywhere. I live outside of Louisville now and there are issues in my county, as well as Jefferson County I'm sure. However as parents we owe it to our children to do more school work outside of classroom. Read to kids, do practice math problems. Just do things to stimulate their minds. Kids can do well on paper and have no common sense whatsoever. I hope to visit Barbourville again soon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Artemus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where were you back in the 70's? 11 min I will not go away 19
Golf Carts 50 min bed bugs 12
Dakota mcvae 51 min Whatup 11
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr -Christopher Jarvis 165,729
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 1 hr -Christopher Jarvis 814
Thieves in bimble... 2 hr Inside info 26
Looking for Kenny Saunders (Aug '16) 3 hr Fact 19

Artemus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Artemus Mortgages