Doctor Emmett Brown

United States

#438 Jan 4, 2011
Great posts!! Sounds to me like Fox C-6 should have its own reality TV show.

Mr. Chellew should have never retired.
Favors

United States

#439 Jan 5, 2011
Bullwinkle wrote:
Dear unknowing fellow constituents,
I am amazed that any of you morality, podium pounding blabber-mouths feel you have any right to judge. Do you know the superintendant or any of the people being accused on here? What are your facts? Im sure you caught wind of a rumor and you took it to the highest level without knowing a damn bit of whats going on. Have you lived in her house? Have you been in her former marriage? Have you had her confide in you why she got a divorce? NO... you have not and dont kid yourself if you think you have a clue. This is where the term "hyppocrite" applies.
I know the parents and board hold her in high regard and have nothing but the utmost respect for her. And my opinion still place in your head to venture to. The world is crappy enough without this rubbish and your nonsense. Be a parent with remains the same. Get a life and find a positive a positive attitude...not a bad one.
Have you, as you said You know nothing
Favors

United States

#440 Jan 5, 2011
To Parents Involved wrote:
START BY ASKING THE SCHOOL BOARD SOME QUESTIONS AT THE NEXT BOARD MEETING!
Here are few questions:
Is the school superintendent expected to be a role model for the school district?
Is the school board interested in protecting the school community from anything that would distract it from its purpose of educating each child that attends its schools?
What types of behavior does the school board consider to be inappropriate behavior for that of a school superintendent?
Are school district administrators expected to be held to the same high standards of moral conduct that the teachers and other staff members are held to?
Have teachers been fired in the past for engaging in similar conduct? If so, then why would that rule not apply to administrators as well?
Was a person promoted to a principal position within the school district that did not possess the appropriate credentials required for that position? If so, then why did the school board approve that promotion?
Why did the school board renew Brown's contract in February 2010 when her previous contract was not due to expire until June 30, 2011?
Does the superintendent's contract contain a morality clause or any other type of termination clauses?
do you think you will get any answers to tose questions
TNT

Saint Louis, MO

#441 Jan 5, 2011
I'm a current student in the fox district. I’ve been here for over 12 years. Never have any of the administrators’ or staff’s personal life disabled my education in any way. If you think these people are influencing your child in a negative way maybe you should consider the following: Is your child marrying and having affairs; is your child receiving DWI’s? If you’ve answered yes, maybe you should look at your own parenting skills. According to www.betheinfluence.com , the parents are the biggest influence in your child’s life. The truth is it is rare for the central office administrators to meet with us enough to completely change our life. The decisions they make on their own time only affect them and their family. Everyone makes mistakes, according to a Prosecuting Attorney in the state of Missouri 1 out of 55 residents have been convicted of a DWI or DUI. Also according to www.divorcerate.org 50% of all marriages end in divorce. Granted the school has some flaws, but if you critics actually cared you would point that out and find ways to fix it. Salaries do not affect my education. Our administration is running one of the largest districts in Missouri; therefore they deserve their pay. But most of you failed to mention that all administrators turned down their yearly raises. So don’t sit there and tell me you care about the education of the children when you don’t. Our district is one of the best in Missouri, look at all the good things: A National District of Charter, our Lone Dell Elementary School is a Blue Ribbon School and was recognized as a Missouri State Gold Star School in 2003-2004. Antonia Elementary and Fox Elementary have been recognized as “Missouri Schools of Character.” Ridgewood Middle School and Seckman Senior High have been recognized as a “National Schools of Character”. Both high schools, Fox Senior High and Seckman Senior High, are rated “A+ Schools”. Many of our schools are consistent “Top Ten” achievers as “Most Improved” and “Highest Performance” schools, as recognized by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. Most of the visitors upon the website only care about getting rid of the current administration. But unfortunately many of you are not educated enough to apply yourself; nor are willing to deal with parents or community members who have nothing better to do then investigate others personal life when it has nothing to do with them. There is a reason why your voice is only on here and they still have their job. For those of you who talk about the possibility of Pete Nicholas taking a job within the district, I should let you know he is highly involved with the community and devotes a lot of his time to the district. When his term ends why shouldn’t he be able to work in maintenance? He is more than qualified; as he has been an electrician for over 40 years. For those of you who talk about Dr. Brown sneaking into Seckman last year to “See Mr. Critchlow” the Bridges director, I say untrue, we were able to shadow Dr. Brown and the Bridges program is very near and dear to her heart for she was the one to bring that program to the district. She is always monitoring the progress of those students for she want them all to succeed, better yet she want to see us all succeed. I believe that hiring from within has done nothing but great thing for the district, if you hire a graduate of the district they will be more loyal than a non graduate. Also they are more likely to stay with the district for their whole career. Just because you’re related to somebody means nothing. In large companies or in this case a schools district, there are a lot of other people in between you and your relative. You don’t receive preferential treatment for being related to anyone. If you’re worried about being a positive role model maybe start with yourself, last we checked, bashing someone online is not a positive role model.
email us at thetnt1993@gmail.com
Edgar Cayce

United States

#442 Jan 5, 2011
TNT wrote:
I'm a current student in the fox district. I’ve been here for over 12 years. Never have any of the administrators’ or staff’s personal life disabled my education in any way..........email us at thetnt1993@gmail.com
Should I email you from my Fox email account? I'm sure there won't be any repercussions. LOL...give me a break.
bobbie

United States

#443 Jan 5, 2011
Very good point t.n.t.!!!!!!! Its nice to see some people being positive.
stirring the pot

United States

#444 Jan 5, 2011
Edgar Cayce wrote:
<quoted text>Should I email you from my Fox email account? I'm sure there won't be any repercussions. LOL...give me a break.
Give me a break...break me off a piece of that Kit-Kat bar.
curious

Saint Louis, MO

#445 Jan 5, 2011
What TNT fails to mention is the elementary school that is on probation because of poor test scores. One more year of bad test scores and the elementary school loses its accredidation (spelling?). To me, that is a big FAIL on the administration.
School Awards Perspective

Nashville, TN

#446 Jan 5, 2011
TNT stated that Lone Dell is Blue Ribbon School. The award touting needs to be put into perspective. Missouri DESE has a PDF document listing all of the Gold Star and Blue Ribbon Schools that have been recognized by the program between 1982 and 2009. The document also explains the criteria for qualifying for the program and the changes in the criteria over the years. The last time that Lone Dell was recognized as a Blue Ribbon school was for the 2002-2003 school year.

MO DESE Gold Star / Blue Ribbon Program
http://dese.mo.gov/divteachqual/sii/goldstar/

Historical Awards Document
http://dese.mo.gov/divteachqual/sii/goldstar/...

Here is a sampling of school districts compiled from this document that have had schools recognized as either a Gold Star or a Blue Ribbon School between 1982 and 2009 and how many times a school within each of those districts was recognized and the most recent school year a school was recognized:

Rockwood - 35 (2008-2009)
Parkway - 25 (1998-1999)
St. Louis City - 23 (2008-2009)
Blue Springs - 17 (2007-2008)
Kansas City - 13 (2007-2008)
Farmington - 11 (2008-2009)
Brentwood - 8 (2008-2009)
Lindbergh - 8 (2008-2009)
Kirkwood - 7 (2006-2007)
Festus - 6 (2001-2002)
Northwest - 4 (2008-2009)
Fox (Lone Dell)- 3 (2002-2003)
Normandy - 2 (2004-2005)
Meramec Valley - 1 (2006-2007)
Really

United States

#447 Jan 5, 2011
So you believe that all kids, even kids with special needs can perform at grade level? That is what schools are measured by.
bobbie

United States

#448 Jan 5, 2011
School Awards Perspective wrote:
TNT stated that Lone Dell is Blue Ribbon School. The award touting needs to be put into perspective. Missouri DESE has a PDF document listing all of the Gold Star and Blue Ribbon Schools that have been recognized by the program between 1982 and 2009. The document also explains the criteria for qualifying for the program and the changes in the criteria over the years. The last time that Lone Dell was recognized as a Blue Ribbon school was for the 2002-2003 school year.
MO DESE Gold Star / Blue Ribbon Program
http://dese.mo.gov/divteachqual/sii/goldstar/
Historical Awards Document
http://dese.mo.gov/divteachqual/sii/goldstar/...
Here is a sampling of school districts compiled from this document that have had schools recognized as either a Gold Star or a Blue Ribbon School between 1982 and 2009 and how many times a school within each of those districts was recognized and the most recent school year a school was recognized:
Rockwood - 35 (2008-2009)
Parkway - 25 (1998-1999)
St. Louis City - 23 (2008-2009)
Blue Springs - 17 (2007-2008)
Kansas City - 13 (2007-2008)
Farmington - 11 (2008-2009)
Brentwood - 8 (2008-2009)
Lindbergh - 8 (2008-2009)
Kirkwood - 7 (2006-2007)
Festus - 6 (2001-2002)
Northwest - 4 (2008-2009)
Fox (Lone Dell)- 3 (2002-2003)
Normandy - 2 (2004-2005)
Meramec Valley - 1 (2006-2007)
Im with tnt because at least they won it, a lot of schools dream of winning such awards! So who cares if its several years past. If you win an award it doesn't get taken away from you because somebody else won it do you?
SOS

Cape Girardeau, MO

#449 Jan 5, 2011
Much of the learning process begins at home. Many parents expect the teachers to raise their children. I see your point that Fox C-6's scores are low, but my suggestion is to eliminate the tenure. It is common for teachers to become lazy after they receive that. Keep them on their toes. And parents, start working with your kids more. Sit down with them and set goals for them.
Randy

Cape Girardeau, MO

#450 Jan 5, 2011
I completely agree with TNT. They really knew their stuff for being just students. And my child went to Simpson Elementary, Seckman Middle School, and then Seckman High School. The three schools have brought my daugher far in life and prepared her for college. She is now at the top of her class in Ralla. I found the district to be fantastic.
Bill

Cape Girardeau, MO

#451 Jan 5, 2011
stirring the pot wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me a break...break me off a piece of that Kit-Kat bar.
So uh...I broke off that Kit Kat bar. Where would you like it?
P.S. this gossiping is fun!!
Bobbie

United States

#452 Jan 5, 2011
Looks like TNT have done their homework. I've never seen such well educated children (I assume seniors). You two need to pursue a career in Public Relations. Looks like despite what others are saying about this district they have produced some good writers. BTW, the Map test or Missouri Assessment Program, has been gone for two years so we should be talking about EOC or end of corse exams. But because people talk before they do your homework they are wrong. But TNT receive an A++ because despite their Judgements they are correct without a doubt! Its sick that we live in a world that lives off untrue and negative news, why cant we focus on the positive things?
just a thought

Arnold, MO

#453 Jan 5, 2011
School Awards Perspective...How many years has the District been a Distinction in Performance? How many districts across the state have been Distinction in Performance the same number of years? What is the average per pupil expenditure of those districts? What is the free and reduced lunch? and finally do those districts provide their own Special Education Services?

I'll take Fox any day with the leaders we have in place now.
just a thought

Arnold, MO

#454 Jan 5, 2011
change that first question...How many years has the District won Distinction in Performance?
Very Odd

Arnold, MO

#455 Jan 5, 2011
If TNT is a student I'm Snow White. That is the biggest crock of BS I've seen lately....
TNT

Cape Girardeau, MO

#456 Jan 5, 2011
Very Odd wrote:
If TNT is a student I'm Snow White. That is the biggest crock of BS I've seen lately....
Why? Because I'm more informed than half of these commenters? Think again. Fox District is doing a better job that you think.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#457 Jan 6, 2011
TNT,

That was the past. The job they are doing blew is what matters. If it lost it's distinction because of bad test scores then that is a problem and a reflection o the current situation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arnold Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
value village 5 hr fred 7
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion (Jun '14) Apr 24 Paul Bunyan 1,254
Petco Flawed Dogs on Saturdays (Mar '10) Apr 23 Shelti1007 37
Arnold's Home and Garden Show. Really??? (Apr '09) Apr 21 Outmindouttime 20
New Plaza Apr 20 ArnoldCC 1
Where's Doris? Apr 16 GolfBall 68
Fulbright and Amato Win Apr 14 WOW 8
More from around the web

Arnold People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]